Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
:siren:THIS IS A MOD EDIT: THIS THREAD HAS BECOME A !!!MOD CHALLENGE!!!:siren:
OP is going to make us little cooking show or face the harshest of punishments

Literally A Person posted:

:siren:ALL RIGHT OP HERE ARE YOUR RULES:siren:

You have 48 hours to create a cooking show segment for the cauliflower lovers of GBS. You, of course, may cover your face. Editing can be poor and I think all of us would prefer if you DON'T clean your kitchen first.

If you do NOT complete this mod challenge I will probe you for 24hrs and change your av to something of my choosing. It will not be favorable to you, OP.

if you DO complete this mod challenge I will personally send you a giftcard for $5 to your local grocery store chain so you can buy two heads of cauliflower.

Do us proud, OP.

OH poo poo OP PULLED THROUGH!!!!

Bogus Adventure posted:

I decided to make a burner DailyMotion account because I use YouTube for work. So, without further ado:

FRIED RICE RICED CAULIFLOWER:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x82dctx

Password: RICED CAULIFLOWER

:siren:THIS IS THE END OF THE MOD EDIT:siren:

I have recently been introduced to the glory that is riced cauliflower. It transforms a fifth-rate vegetable into a first-rate dining choice, and one that I'd probably choose over actual rice. Making riced cauliflower stirfry loving OWNS as, it's 90% vegetables, 8% egg, and 2% teriyaki.

I know not whether there is some food wizard casting "Make Delicious" on each and every frozen bag of riced cauliflower, or if the process just allows it to cook properly, but who will come and spread the good news about riced cauliflower and share recipes for it with me?

I'll start: Lazy riced cauliflower stir-fry

Ingredients
1 large pan/pot
1 12oz bag of frozen riced cauliflower
1 12oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables
1 thick slab of onion
2 cloves of garlic
4 eggs
2 tbsp oil
1 bottle teriyaki sauce
Optional: Valentina's Hot Sauce (Extra hot) if everything you eat needs to have the hint of fire

1) Heat pan and add the oil
2) While pan heats, dice thick slab of onion and mince the cloves of garlic
3) Add onion and garlic and cook until aromatic/clear
4) Add frozen vegetables and stir/cook (no need to thaw)
5) Once vegetables look to be cooked, move it to the side of the pan and add frozen riced cauliflower and cook/break up (takes about 5 minutes)
6) Prepare eggs (if you want them scrambled like me, beat them while the riced cauliflower cooks)
7) Mix vegetables and riced cauliflower together and then push to the side to allow eggs to cook
8) Once eggs start to cook, mix in with the vegetables and cauliflower
9) Add teriyaki sauce to taste and stir
10) Turn off heat and serve! (Add Valentina's if you want it to have a kick)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
OP I think GBS could use a little cooking demo. From you.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Do you own an apron, goon?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
OP???

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Oops, sorry.

I don't have an apron. I'm pretty decent at cooking and know my limits, so I haven't had any spills.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I want to see you cook this, OP. I want to see you make it.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Also I am disappointed you have replaced the AV I bought for you 4 years ago. EXTREMELY disappointed.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I will try to make this tomorow. It's 10:26PM where I am right now. I'm a poo poo at taking pictures, but I'll do what I can.

Also, apologies. You will always be my first, and I'll always remember it:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bogus Adventure posted:

I will try to make this tomorow. It's 10:26PM where I am right now. I'm a poo poo at taking pictures, but I'll do what I can.

Also, apologies. You will always be my first, and I'll always remember it:

I was thinking cooking show format, but I am willing to wait.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I was thinking cooking show format, but I am willing to wait.

Cool :)

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

THEN I DECLARE THIS !!!MOD CHALLENGE!!!

I'm PST too, Bogus. We'll discuss terms in this thread tomorrow.

Literally A Person fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 30, 2021

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
the 4 secret ingredients will now be unveiled
all of them are cauliflower
judging your dish will be a panel of three cauliflower experts who have eaten nothing but cauliflower their entire lives
good luck chefs

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

oh my god the farts those judges must have

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

always preferred cauliflowered rice, slightly more fussy in execution but quite delicious

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Clicked on this thread wanting to know what the hell "riced cauliflower" is, only to find that riced cauliflower is itself one of the ingredients for riced cauliflower

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

I have a cauliflower how do I rice it

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I have rice, how do I apply it to cauliflower?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Who is this even for? I'm having difficulty believing anybody would actually make and eat this for pleasure, and not because they have a horrible rice allergy and for convoluted reasons they must appear to be eating rice, or because the price of cauliflower just crashed making it temporarily cheaper than rice and they're super poor, or some other bizarre reason.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

THEN I DECLARE THIS !!!MOD CHALLENGE!!!

I'm PST too, Bogus. We'll discuss terms in this thread tomorrow.

I accept.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Who is this even for? I'm having difficulty believing anybody would actually make and eat this for pleasure, and not because they have a horrible rice allergy and for convoluted reasons they must appear to be eating rice, or because the price of cauliflower just crashed making it temporarily cheaper than rice and they're super poor, or some other bizarre reason.

It's good, goon. It's also 20 calories for 1 cup, which makes it awesome if you love shoving food in your face nonstop like me.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Fun fact: did you know that cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, collard greens, and kohlrabi were all the same size and shape and can easily be inserted into your father's b hole? Many don't know this! 🤯

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Pakistani politics posted:

Fun fact: did you know that cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, collard greens, and kohlrabi were all the same size and shape and can easily be inserted into your father's b hole? Many don't know this! 🤯

I did know this.

Welsh Rarebitch
Jun 5, 2011

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Who is this even for?

It's for people who need to eat less calorie-dense foods. So most goons.

And you can prepare it in way to have its taste not resemble cauliflower. It's not rice, but it has it's own inherent culinary value.

Frozen is best, because the broken cells make it softer.
Just throw it in a hot non-stick pan without fat and stir it to soften it up more and get the moisture out.
Use spices like tumeric, coriander, pepper or maybe Goya Sazon to remove any hint of cauliflower.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I had some crispy battered cauliflower the other day. It was basically a chicken nugget. Similar, anyway. A-

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Like a lot of vegetables, cauli gets a bad rap cos we had moron parents who steamed or boiled every vegetable. It's pretty good roasted, especially if you toss it in some oil and whatever spices take your fancy. Bonus points if you roast a chicken and let the fat drip onto it. Of course it's also good deep fried like everything else is.

Mad farts tho

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera posted:

It's pretty telling that at no point did you consider nutritional differences in your reasoning

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

OP should do it up Masaokis style.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

LordArgh posted:

It's pretty telling that at no point did you consider nutritional differences in your reasoning

:thejoke:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

I just googled it, and see that riced cauliflower is cauliflower diced into tiny chunks (rice-sized, if you will).

OP's recipe is for, more correctly, a riced cauliflower and vegetable stir fry.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

el dingo posted:

Like a lot of vegetables, cauli gets a bad rap cos we had moron parents who steamed or boiled every vegetable. It's pretty good roasted, especially if you toss it in some oil and whatever spices take your fancy. Bonus points if you roast a chicken and let the fat drip onto it. Of course it's also good deep fried like everything else is.

Mad farts tho

Take a whole cauliflower, cut it into fairly thick planks (yeah some of it will crumble, it’s cauliflower), brush with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with whatever seasonings you like, then slap those babies on a hot grill for a minute or two per side :yum:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

You have 48 hours to create a cooking show segment for the cauliflower lovers of GBS. You, of course, may cover your face. Editing can be poor and I think all of us would prefer if you DON'T clean your kitchen first.

If you do NOT complete this mod challenge I will probe you for 24hrs and change your av to something of my choosing. It will not be favorable to you, OP.

if you DO complete this mod challenge I will personally send you a giftcard for $5 to your local grocery store chain so you can buy two heads of cauliflower.

Do us proud, OP.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Do us proud, OP.

I'm going to do this either way, but I offer a counterproposal for a successful completion. I want my Skimbleshanks the Railway Cat gangtag back and don't know how to get it:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bogus Adventure posted:

I'm going to do this either way, but I offer a counterproposal for a successful completion. I want my Skimbleshanks the Railway Cat gangtag back and don't know how to get it:

Great!! That's perfectly acceptable!!!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
My mom and I tried making cauliflower tortillas once. I don't think we did it quite right as they were a little crumbly around the edges but they were still pretty tasty v:shobon:v

God I've missed mod challenges.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have a bag of frozen riced cauliflower in my freezer because it was on sale and I was curios but I haven't bothered yet and now I am waiting for the GBS cooking channel to give me instructions

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Cauliflower bothers my wife’s stomach, and she can’t eat it you don of a bitch!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Riced cauliflower is good as hell, OP. Nice choice.

If this weekend wasn't American Jesus' birthday I'd make some instead of 72 oz. of low-grade beef.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Yeah if you eat cauliflower-based stuff be prepared for gas at a scale your body is not ready for.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Don't be speaking to the don like this.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

Pulse it in a food processor or grate it on a box grater. It works best if it's a tight head of cauliflower and you cut it into large chunks first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

just eat the fuckin probe god drat

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)