Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ex Mods Poll Opinions (+current IK +current mod)
This poll is closed.
Relax or Die: i'll tell you what it is: posting theft 10 0.07%
ShallNoiseUpon: i have reported oddium for stealing posting valor i hope the moderators will sort this out post haste 14 0.09%
Cheetah7071: more like snoreson smells 18 0.12%
Oddium: no poll for solidarity with mobile users 36 0.24%
Metis: I promise never to interfere in poll results 15001 99.46%
Hmmmmmm. 4 0.03%
Total: 15083 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH1PJTY9AVA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
How did Doom Eternal’s DLC turn out anyway? The PS5 upgrade is giving me an excuse to play it again and I’m kind of interested, but it’s $30…

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

mutata posted:

I just YouTubed both of them. It looks mostly like Just More Doom Eternal except they make you fight a lot of Marauders so gently caress that poo poo.

Also the final boss and the story in general wraps up but goes in a really odd direction that I didn't really care for, but I guess it's fine.

Sounds like “wait for a sale” territory for me then. I think I’ll have my fill by the end of the regular campaign for now anyway, so all good. Plus, I got a copy of Yakuza Kenzan headed my way, so that should keep me occupied for a while.

Everyone be sure to thank me when they announce a port and translation in two weeks, by the way. :haw:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Ciaphas posted:

i like when game physics fuckups are so notorious, inevitable, or whatever else, as to be given a name; like the Kraken in KSP, or Clang in Space Engineers

i wonder what others there are

The Swingset.

You know the one.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Stux posted:

if you do a ng+ theres a ng+ only mode where blocking does chip damage and theh increased damage means blocking basically equals a full ng hit so u have to perfect parry everything it pwns.

:eng101: This actually unlocks for non NG+ saves once you beat the game, so you can play a completely unleveled Sekiro with chip damage on block!

It's... real fuckin' hard!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Looper posted:

honestly the fear of making too much noise in a public toilet is extremely relatable

It’s probably more about the noise the toilet itself makes. Public bathroom toilets can sometimes be crazy loud when you flush them, and it’s not like bathrooms take kids into account in their acoustic design anyway.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

:eyepop:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Control’s combat is real good, y’alls crazy. It doesn’t do a very good job of teaching you how to play it in a fun way though, I’ll admit that.

Plonking dudes with your gun works fine until it suddenly doesn’t, about the only feedback the game ever gives you towards trying another strategy is to kill you, and the utility and power of a lot of the unlocks isn’t apparent at their lower levels.

Like, possession seems kind of sort of OK when you get it, hooray I can take over some random mook for 30 seconds. But at its max level you can possess the healing orb enemies along with two others and make an unstoppable regenerating death squad, which is awesome.

Hell, I played the game twice over before I gave the shield ability a decent chance, and that was only because one of the DLC bosses drat near requires you to use it or he turns into an almost impossible slog. Turns out though that the shield fuckin rules.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

haveblue posted:

IIRC in DS3 chests are extra fragile so this runs the risk of getting nothing

That’s a thing from DS2, they went back to “it’s unbreakable or a mimic” in DS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

oddium posted:

they should have put a bespoke backlight for weirdos in

Be careful what you wish for or you’ll end up with a fluorescent tube backlight like the Game Gear.