Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Until JR is asking how much everyone weighs or doing whatever the gently caress it was mark Madden did on commentary, he's not even close to being even a bad commentator. He's not even the worst commentator right now in a world where Josh Matthews still gets work and Corey Graves is on the desk every fuckin week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Drakkel posted:

Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if AEW just doesn't sign any of the women that have been released cause they just don't seem to give a poo poo at this point. Bo Dallas has a better chance of showing up on Dynamite than the Iiconics at this stage in the game.

Oh no did you get caught in a time anomaly and are posting from a year and a half ago???

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

They said it was their first mixed tag match, a thing they've done before. Read into that how you will.

It was a horrible botch by Excalibur that ruined the entire show and I hope he retires soon cause he keeps making these mistakes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TH2 would have to stop smoking weed in WWE so it's ridiculous to think that they would even consider it.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

rantmo posted:

Something that doesn't get discussed often enough about Mr. Omega is that Battle Cry is a great loving song.

I love Battle Cry but really wish he changed it for his heel run cause it's a get pumped babyface theme in the same way Osperays old NJPW one was.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flatluigi posted:

it fits his character too well to still be convinced everyone still loves him and are rooting for him

Not sure I agree with this one, cause "gently caress the fans" has been a pretty explicit thing with this incarnation of the elite.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They should do a metal version of One Winged Angel similar to this but less Doom: https://youtu.be/WAWuZevxRtk

And you change the parts where it goes "sephiroth" it goes "Omega" instead.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

karmicknight posted:

No, it should still be sephiroth

I'll accept this only if he changes his name to sephiroth Omega.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

I'm really digging the neon 80s Vice City aesthetic they're using for Road Rager

I hope the intro is a special vaporware style thing.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

There's an Elite theme, then also a Good Bros theme, and Anderson has a solo theme. They all kinda sound Bullet Club-esque in different ways.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MJeff posted:

Babies should have dumb names, babies are idiots.

The great thing is this is also true of adults so no need for them to change the names as they get older.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cody clearly named his daughter after his favorite John Wayne movie and that's beautiful.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

A wrestler should use the soundtrack from the old Pure Moods CD commerical as their music.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

She'll be really sweet, like an angel, so she'll be called Angeldust.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Hel posted:

Fair, but if you are already shaving your head, why not get rid of the beard?

White guys with bald heads and no beard look like six foot tall babies.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I'm a Honkamaniac.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Alan_Shore posted:

Thinking about it it's really weird that Shida hasn't been on TV since she lost but is still wrestling on dark. I mean, why haven't we heard from her? Does she care she lost the title? Shouldn't she be mad she carried it all the way through the pandemic and lost it the first time crowds came back?

It would be one thing if she had just completely disappeared, ready to make a shock appearance. But she's wrestling normally on dark, so I guess she's not important any more? It's kinda hosed up, and bad storytelling, and I feel sorry she's been so thoroughly relegated and forgotten.

Like all champions who lose you go to the back of the line for a shot, so she's at the back of the line.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I actually think it's smart to rotate people in and out as far as TV goes cause it lengthens their shelf life. Seeing the same 10 people every week gets boring.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I really don't feel like hangman wins yet, but I wonder if it goes to a time limit draw.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Elite were hardly even a unit for over a year before this cause Cody vanished and then they were just infighting.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

MJeff posted:

All Out - Hangman loses in a 40-minute belter.
Grand Slam - 60-minute draw.
Full Gear - Hangman wins in a 2/3 falls no time limit match.

Nobody's ever done that before, right?

Something like this is that I'm expecting because of course Tony would do this.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I don't think hangman loses I just don't think he wins the first match.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They should do the thing from John Wick 3 where Hangman slaps the horse and Don is behind it and it kicks him, but also his head comes off his shoulders and flies into the third row where some kid catches it and acts like it's a home run ball.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Alan_Shore posted:

I just saw on Twitter Maki Itoh talking about how she has the number one shirt on Pro Wrestling Tees (why yes, I ordered) and AEW hasn't offered her any kind of deal. I think that's insane, she's super popular and got a great reaction. She's really entertaining and I hope AEW sorts this out.

She lives in Japan and we're still in a global pandemic, OP. I'm sure if she wants to move here and gets all her poo poo in order to do that, they would have something for her. She also already works for a company with a talent exchange agreement.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

He should start doing the panda gimmick again.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bray will debut as The Friend, a happy dude who surprises everyone with presents and is really wholesome and it sounds boring but holy poo poo it's done really well and is great. Also when he wrestles there will be a blue light on the ring.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

graph posted:

yeah ive never been to one but is like a quarter-mile+ long line for these normal ?

The Elite at the height of the hot topic stuff were pulling similar crowds.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pylons posted:

Dark is also featuring the return of The Waiting Room tonight and Joey and Sonny are going to resolve their issues.

Sonny is gonna toss Joey through the window for being a scumbag in an inversion of the Rockers break up.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

They also had ticket prices lower than they normally would I think?

Yeah even right now tickets start at $25 which is half as much as WWE nosebleed tickets to raw cost at the start of the pandemic. I paid the same for an indie show I'm going to.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They do stuff just as "dangerous" multiple times live every day at crowded theme parks just down the road from Jacksonville with the live stunt shows Disney and universal both do.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

He's covering so he can put it up after dark to not reveal that Fuego, Black, and King are... Not signed. But they're gonna be doing the Retribution gimmick, baby!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It's a work cause there's no way he lost the full video file on a botched YouTube upload. He wouldn't even need to reedit cause why would the file getting deleted effect the premier file?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

coconono posted:

Unless his computer is infected with the virus

If he doesn't use a scratch drive he's a damned FOOL.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Bee posted:

Fulfilling a Toxx that I have to watch a Disney show for god-knows-how-long because it has American Dragon in its name. I make good decisions!

The dude ate, slept, and breathed wrestling so hard that it's almost hard to believe, but at the same time the sheer radio silence is pretty noteworthy. If he's not flat out retired, I could see him being on an extended hiatus, if only because there's no way he wouldn't have said something about wrestling by now.

What happens if you run out of show before he's back?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If Darby hits him with a skateboard technically Darby himself never touched him.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I like Alan's dumb kraken chest tattoo.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

"We're the main characters, not those stupid... Fucks."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I feel like Fuego (and the others) could and should still be on the vlog. The Elite would send in remote segments in the era before AEW when they were all scattered all over the world.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

the blog and the show

fuego is over

Oh yeah I'm still hoping the twist is everyone in the friendlympics gets a surprise deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jonny Nox posted:

So with the move to new formats, could I propose that we make a GDT thread for the youtube shows weekly? If we can have Raw threads with 32 posts, we could probably do that.

That said, I'm also not going to be the person making the threads so I'm just here asking questions, man...

I think we should wait and see what the format is going to be for them going forward. If they're each just 45 minutes long like pre-pandemic I don't think we need them, even though they'd absolutely get more posts than the raw and SmackDown threads.