Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BUCKS VS KING AND PENTA 27 29.35%
BOY VS JACK 2 2.17%
MIRO VS PILLMAN 6 6.52%
MJF VS SAM 57 61.96%
Total: 92 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
was that actually a shofar in miro's new theme or was someone just posting things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Thanks for adding my meme to the OP. Loved the show tonight.

Why is Shawn Spears looking so sickly as of late? Does the chair dimension sap his life force?

chairshots are the only thing that brings him joy

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i was mostly posting on discord instead of the live thread, was mjf actually injured? i was thinking he was just selling really well and it worked in context of all the spots they were doing in the match

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
dude's gonna be a good dad

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
jr gets lost on commentary sometimes these days and has unintentionally said some rough/lovely things about the nonwhite and nonmale people in aew by virtue of not thinking enough about what's coming out of his mouth, and for that reason it's worth thinking that someone should get lined up to replace him on main commentary. i feel like people are acting as if thinking he should retire soon is comparable to suggesting tony khan should take him out back like old yeller, and i'm confident that aew will find a way to keep him happy if and when it's time for him to start taking time off

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

rantmo posted:

Speaking of divisive things, Miro's new theme, Redeemer is up online and it's loving awesome but maybe not a great wrestling theme as it currently stands. It's an epic TV show theme, it's genuinely excellent, but I'm not sure how well it's going to translate with a crowd.

I think there was mention of the theme getting built up as time goes on which is probably a good idea, but I'm extremely here for a guy getting announced by a fuckin shofar before he brings down the literal wrath of god on you

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

JT Smiley posted:

Who said anything close to that?

maybe if you read some of the posts at face value instead of goofy hyperbole?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
whenever i think of randy orton i think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZztCCZ1lIXs

and i think there's a fun heel hidden in there that he might be able to show off before he retires, but also the more i think about it i think ethan page fills that spot currently

there's not many current wwe wrestlers that i think i'd write off entirely if i heard they were showing up in a different promotion, even if it wasn't aew

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Dacap posted:

I’m actually curious who the first big AEW to WWE jump will be. It’s inevitable that it will happen eventually.

Not talking about the people who wrestled a bit on dark and went to NXT. I mean like a Moxley level star or someone close to it.

idk, i feel like any big names are gonna be people who are already getting a chunk of change in aew and i don't know what wwe would offer other than money to pull them away. the few people who have made aew appearances and then returned to wwe are people like mercedes martinez who weren't sold on aew at the very beginning, hurricane helms who showed up for a cameo and was unlikely to be used for anything else, or ben carter who literally could not get a job in the us and had to join the only major company left in the uk

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
doesn't wwe already have a tag team that's used basically exactly like they'd use private party?

edit: i'm thinking of the street profits

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/TayConti_/status/1411084783992586243

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

karmicknight posted:

Eddie and Penta wining would be interesting and I don't think I would hate it. But I don't think they should beat the Young Bucks.

beating them with interference from a bunch of people the elite have burned would make sense tbh and finally get some forward momentum in the tag title storyline

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it fits his character too well to still be convinced everyone still loves him and are rooting for him

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
as it turns out liberty has been in the top 1k baby names every year for the last two decades so it's a lot more common than i thought

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm sure they'll work it out! but it is definitely a bit rough to realize that the return to touring will be as much of a shakeup and have as many growing pains as the pandemic shutdown had in the first place

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
anyone have a link/timestamp to the conversation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Akileese posted:

He did say something of that nature on the show and I think that's why they used professional contractors. The more important piece of news from this interview is him saying they're absolutely going to do one of those matches again.

yeah it sounds like from the clip he wanted to make sure it was safe, relied on professionals to make it safe, and they didn't get the message that it also needed to look good on camera