Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

same as it ever was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
:getin: losers, we're going vote shopping.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

freebooter posted:

https://twitter.com/steph_dalzell/status/1508685561716158464

They can't even buy people off correctly. Trump mailed cheques and Rudd gave us direct bank deposits. Nobody's going to be as grateful for a $420 tax cut somewhere towards the end of the year as they are for $420 landing in their bank accounts right now.

They may be grateful if places like the ABC keep shouting that it's a $420 cash payment*

*Tax cut in small font

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Hell yeah

:negative:

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

bowmore posted:

They may be grateful if places like the ABC keep shouting that it's a $420 cash payment*

*Tax cut in small font

Especially those of us that won't do that tax return until sometime in 2023

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
The mental health funding is pretty laughable too. I've just seen the email from the College of Clinical Psychologists (part of the APS) and beyond the case conferencing funding (which, by the way, should be happening anyway) the only announcement of note is like $900k for some consultant to tell the government why we aren't training enough psychologists.

Here's the answer for free: the pathways to becoming a psych suck because the government hasn't adequately funded the programs to train psychs for the past 10 years, meaning we don't have the capacity under the current regulatory framework to just train a shitload more psychs. The govt has been also effectively cutting funding for unis which is why we actually lost a bunch of psych programs in 2020/2021.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They are cutting funding to Aboriginal legal and family services as well

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The LNP is looking out for you!*

*as long as you're white, rich and middle aged

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

freebooter posted:

https://twitter.com/steph_dalzell/status/1508685561716158464

They can't even buy people off correctly. Trump mailed cheques and Rudd gave us direct bank deposits. Nobody's going to be as grateful for a $420 tax cut somewhere towards the end of the year as they are for $420 landing in their bank accounts right now.

Yes, but I think they couldn't stand the thought of low income people getting more money, so by being a tax break many people simple won't get it.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

There's a $250 direct payment for welfare recipients.

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

There's a $250 direct payment for welfare recipients.

I am definitely not on welfare and not going to earn enough to qualify for a tax break.

Essential worker 4 life

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://twitter.com/AmyRemeikis/status/1508767022297280513

fiarraventi-wells got deselected and is going scorched earth lol

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Pleasant Friend posted:

I am definitely not on welfare and not going to earn enough to qualify for a tax break.

Essential worker 4 life

You're earning so little money that you expect youwill pay no tax at all, not even a single dollar? Your employer has not been taking any tax out of your wage at all over the year, or you started work late in the FY?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

lih posted:

https://twitter.com/AmyRemeikis/status/1508767022297280513

fiarraventi-wells got deselected and is going scorched earth lol

https://twitter.com/JoshButler/status/1508754637914271744

https://twitter.com/MichaelM_ACT/status/1508757739476258816

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

You're earning so little money that you expect youwill pay no tax at all, not even a single dollar? Your employer has not been taking any tax out of your wage at all over the year, or you started work late in the FY?

Tax free threshold is 18,200, which at this rate I will just hit. Part time worker full time student, so its to be expected.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
She's just unloading on all the shady poo poo in Morrison's past, his pre-selection, the Tourism Australia job, The knifing of Malcolm Turnbull etc. I'm surprised she didn't reveal the truth about Engadine McDonalds.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

scratch a liberal and find a drip lol

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

scratch a liberal and find a drip lol

I mean it's drip stuff but a lot of it has a basis in fact.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Pleasant Friend posted:

Tax free threshold is 18,200, which at this rate I will just hit. Part time worker full time student, so its to be expected.

The budget website doesn't detail exactly which concession card holders will get the $250, but I can't imagine low income health care card holders will be off the list. You don't have to be receiving a welfare payment to get those cards, just have low income. You apply for it, centrelink eventually cuts you off when your employer reports your income is too high at like 600/wk roughly. Not sure if you can get one now and get the payment later.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

This little thing is what I'm relying on for info about the offset/ payment

https://budget.gov.au/2022-23/content/cost-of-living-tool.htm

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I mean it's drip stuff but a lot of it has a basis in fact.

yeah its all true and hosed up

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

The budget website doesn't detail exactly which concession card holders will get the $250, but I can't imagine low income health care card holders will be off the list. You don't have to be receiving a welfare payment to get those cards, just have low income. You apply for it, centrelink eventually cuts you off when your employer reports your income is too high at like 600/wk roughly. Not sure if you can get one now and get the payment later.

Huh, I've never heard of this, I'll look into it thank you.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Don't speak too soon, ABC just put up an article on it that didn't mention the low income health care card.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-03-29/250-dollar-payment-tax-cuts-who-gets-what-from-budget/100948468

These dudes are hosed in the head if it's not covered, sorry for getting your hopes up.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

bowmore posted:

They are cutting funding to Aboriginal legal and family services as well

loving of course they are

I know a bloke who works for the Victorian Aboriginal Health Service, haven’t spoken with him in a while but I’m really curious to hear his thoughts

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I bet he thinks it sucks.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/barnaby_joyce/status/1508806196844974083?s=21&t=QsW5WDHYDszPbLkQeLyWpw

Can anyone make sense of this?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Either paranoid about a Russia-China tag team while the US continues to slide into insanity, or vaguely paranoid about the next global crisis and wants to pretend he helped set the country up to survive it. He's saying he's compelled to make hay while the sun is shining, except you make hay by taking it from Aboriginal legal and family services.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Also that photo is loving great lmao. Barnaby really looks like he's thanking Scott for buying him a life saving sandwich while Scott is like yeah don't mention it please let go my legs are already leaving.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Who is the “we” in that tweet, BJ?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Nice natural stance for a handshake right there. Real casual and normal

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

quote:

In the Social Services portfolio, Services Australia will have 2,719 fewer staff compared to 2021-22. Because the department gets an extra 144 workers, the overall staffing reduction for the portfolio this financial year is 2,574 job cuts.

Y'know. The government department that has been supporting the flood disaster recovery payments. And the pandemic recovery payments. And people who have lost everything thanks to the aforementioned.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

Pink Floyd tribute album cover

e: although for authenticity, Scotty would need to be on fire (hi ASIO!)

Capt.Whorebags fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 29, 2022

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

It's always 420 somewhere

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Pleasant Friend posted:

Hey, I don't know if you qualify on other grounds but the income cutoff for Austudy is like $1300/fn so you might be able to get some of that sweet government money.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://twitter.com/annabelcrabb/status/1508938118074109954

morrison taking aim at ... himself?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/AmyRemeikis/status/1508936441463640064

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

They basically lucked into free money because of high commodity prices keeping an economy based on high household debt shambling along yet again.

He just wants us to keep mining coal to pay for tanks and subs, basically.

Also anidav I can write up an election thread if you want.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Very well.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Yet further evidence for my 'Morrison has early onset Alzheimer's' campaign.

There is literally nothing in this budget I like. A cut to the fuel excise is okay, but it's hardly making a dent in the cost of living increases and will likely be swallowed by further rises in the fuel price anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hambeet posted:

Who is the “we” in that tweet, BJ?

this post had me like "what tweet? i didn't tweet?" for like 30 seconds