Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

My experience has been bosses not believing I'm well and telling me to take another couple of days off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Run attack ads featuring a clip of him congratulating her on not locking down.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The method we've been using in SA is to lock down immediately then get the contact tracing done while nobody is going anywhere. Once you've finished tracing you can tell everyone else to get going again while the people you identified remain in quarantine.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

hooman posted:

Prime Minister, has Australia stopped beating it's olympians?

No, no we have not. They know what they did.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Senor Tron posted:

No way that WA/TAS/SA open our borders to NSW until we're either overrun with cases ourselves or have kids vaccinated.

See y'all next year I guess.

They're working on the first option.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Capt.Whorebags posted:

There's a trip to Washington for defence meetings in either Oct/Nov so that may be a factor in possible times for a poll.
Hopefully closed borders will prevent him from reentering.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Periphery posted:

What if we created a city out of garbage in the middle of the outback and put all the unvaccinated people there?

No need. We already have facilities built on a number of neighbouring islands.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Young Libs are even nastier than the regular kind. And more racist and homophobic.

An online newspaper made by and for them would almost instantly turn into [googles "nazi newspapers"] yeah, that.

Wait they're still doing the homophobia? I thought they'd given that front up as lost and moved on to hating trans people.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Oh good point. Yeah, deniable homophobia they can camouflage as something else.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

freebooter posted:

Baffling decision. There's zero reason to ever lift restrictions on the unvaccinated, let alone this early.

People medically ineligible for vaccination need to be released eventually, once we've got the eligible portion as vaccinated as possible.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Periphery posted:

After how many weeks does the booster become useless meaning we'll have to get booster boosters?

Just gimme a shot every month. Make it a regular thing.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Every study I've come across says long covid isnt really a thing for vaccinated people, or if it is, the incidence is so low that they cant do studies on it.

Are you vaccinated? Then dont worry about it. Get a booster to be doubly sure but you are almost certainly not at risk with long covid if you are vaccinated.

I wish I could get a booster.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Recoome posted:

there's literally no demand anywhere in society for greater powers to discriminate by religious institutions other than some weird fundie schools who can't help but say the quiet part out loud.

I assume one of scommo's backers/donors/blackmailers want it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Labor won? Somehow?

Despite their best efforts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That just raises further questions!