Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I don't hold a needle mate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

BBJoey posted:

i am calling a leadership spill

I think you have to be a sex pest to do that.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Eediot Jedi posted:

Pfft it's the lockdown they had to have. Short circuit breaker lockdowns don't work against the highly infectious strains.

Except when they do.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Amoeba102 posted:

It's sarcasm that doesn't work.

Whoosh. Straight over my head that sailed.

That said, after some of the more recent posts in this thread, you can see how I missed that.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

ungulateman posted:

i'm an essential worker but my shifts all got quietly removed for this past week, and i've received no communication at all, so i have no loving idea what's going on any more. i hope i still have a job? :shrug:

That loving sucks and is a grim reminder of how insecure work is for casual workers and in the gig economy.

I hope you still have work.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

bowmore posted:

If only the federal government did loving anything, like quarantine centres or actually order enough vaccines and get people vaccinated in that window we had instead of sitting with their thumbs up their asses

Scomo: Mate, I don't hold a thumb.

Solemn Sloth posted:

I feel like there are a ton of people more worthy to dunk on than an infectious diseases professor at UNSW who appears to have made a good faith argument on a different public health approach but that’s just me

If I was backpedalling this hard my chain would go flying off my bicycle and perform a glory kill on a passerby. There's no admission of error, just unthinking "can't criticise response" rhetoric, that's bullshit, coming from anyone. You absolutely can criticise, and should, government when it fails.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
It's Laybah Covid mistah speakah.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

bowmore posted:

ALP tragics sure are obsessed with scumos appearance

Well none of the scandals, corruption or negligence being exposed has done anything.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

77 today and “I will be shocked if it’s not 100+ tomorrow”
:chanpop:

Lots of commentary on the cost of lockdown, not much commentary on the enormous economic benefits if we just let the entire population of NSW die. Would put serious upward pressure on wage growth, downward pressure on house prices, and many estates would have no surviving benefactors so would be a real boon for the balance sheets of QLD, SA, VIC and ACT after figuring out partition of territories.

Amazing how they seem totally unfamiliar with the concept that an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

freebooter posted:

I knew I should've moved back to Perth last year

West Cost, Best Coast.

Come hang out with the Perth goons, we're not all as awful as me, I swear.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Amoeba102 posted:

'24 Kevin.

Kevin '27

Also lol that we're in 2021, and now have 29 years to totally decarbonise and we're still building fossil fuel plants.

If anything Corona has thoroughly proved our inability to react effectively and in a coordinated fashion to save ourselves.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Laserface posted:

id argue Climate Change proved that first.

Honestly you're probably right. I just naively assumed that maybe if the disaster was imminent and obvious we'd be able to act on it, rather than being imminent and more subtle.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Rather than vaccinating all of Australia twice, how about we just vaccinate one dude 52 million times.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

realbez posted:

Gladys you don’t have to post here nobody reads this forum

Everyone that does is dead and/or gay.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

teacup posted:

How many indoor public places are you going to this midnight you dumb oval office

How many people have shift work, at least engage your brain before posting like this.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

teacup posted:

I mean him, specifically. Read my post properly before you reply next time.

So you didn't engage whatsoever with their post in your reply? They didn't say anything about themselves just that 2 hours before it starts is a dog poo poo way to communicate new rules. Which is true.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

teacup posted:

Seriously how do you cunts live, just looking for a problem to cry about. They announced it due to a quick growing crisis. They weren’t going to be throwing anyone against the wall 2 hours later. The law before midnight last night states everyone needs a mask on them anyway so this just changed to “and wear it in a loving office after midnight”. Many of the people working at midnight likely were already wearing it.

Shut the gently caress up and get off my dick

You know what a good communications strategy is for rules changes? Making decisions early enough to have an evening press conference, where those changes are clearly announced and thus can reach people, instead of, you know, late night tweets. How dare anyone critique the communications strategy of a government in a *checks thread title* politics thread.

Your post was bad and needlessly aggro, and honestly you've maintained your form. Stop whining about getting called on it and post better.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

hambeet posted:

nah. apparently the teacher who lives in geelong, got it from their friend in the maribyrnong apartments and spread it to the school in bacchus marsh (where they work).

this teacher it the same person who went to the game at the mcg and spread it to two others.

one of those is a friend who lives in barwon heads.

so it's not just one person on a road trip but actually two people in the geelong region, but traced back ultimately to the NSW removalists who were at those maribyrnong apartments.

but that first teacher, has potentially spread it to a school of 2500 students and 2000 contacts at the mcg in the space of two days.

Ugh gently caress, that's awful for that poor school.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

The Peccadillo posted:

I was trying to look up what other kinds of wacky characters are on this Big Brother cast and found

Huh, they finally put someone likable on big brother.

Someone put a pair of pink bunny ears on that hottub and we've got our new prime minister.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

BrigadierSensible posted:

My question would be: Why was she on it in the first place?

I mean Caitlyn Jenner I can understand. She is actually famous in non right-wing media commentary circles and you can shock the pearl clutchers by having a *gasp* trans woman on TV.

But unless they were getting Katie Hopkins on to deliberately do a racism and thus stir up controversy(tm), what is the point of getting a posh, middle aged Englishwoman who nobody normal has heard of on to Big Brother?

really answered your own question there.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Hopkins has had her visa cancelled, apparently it was issued on the basis of "economic benefit".

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Sierra Madre posted:

There's a possibility that Labor gently caress up between now and the federal election - that's still a year away, they've got time - but I think there's a few state elections that are guaranteed victories. I think the only way they lose Victoria is if we find out that Daniel Andrews really did break his back trying to sacrifice a baby at an adrenachrome party.

Enough resentment at NSW's Liberal state government for loving up the initial response to this newest outbreak and the federal government for loving up the vaccine rollout (not just quantity issues, but all the uncertainty over who should get what) isn't going away, especially if this pattern of rolling lockdowns continues into next year. I don't know what the reaction is like in other parts of the country but I've definitely heard people talk about this outbreak and lockdown like Berejiklian personally flew over here to cough all over our economy. I don't see how that doesn't impact how people will view the Coalition as we get closer to the election, barring some kind of Liberal miracle.

I've already seen the brain melted takes on boomerbook that these lockdowns are just to make the Federal LNP look bad, not because they're actually necessary. Some people will justify anything.

Eediot Jedi posted:

Scott this is not what Dan meant when he said treat covid like a fire that's not out.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Megillah Gorilla posted:

But only for single mothers.

Julia Albanese

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

he is the most useless dickhead in Australia

wtf does he even do lol?

Protect corrupt LNP members, funnel money to his business mates?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

alf_pogs posted:

i'm quietly confident they'll find something else to gently caress up in the ten minutes before the election

If they do they'll just dump Morrison for someone else and all the stink will magically vanish.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Mods asleep, post potato.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Eediot Jedi posted:

lol a 12 hour hunger strike

Can't even committ to the 48 hour famine mistah speakah.

I would call it gutless, but you know... like the opposite.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Not licking enough boot to be that.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

If by haunt you mean people will dunk on him with it on Twitter to no actual effect then yes

Yeah haunting, something that 1. Has no effect on reality, 2. People irrationally believe in and 3. Isn't real.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Centusin posted:

It’s very dumb that we have a delta outbreak, a mountain of AZ nobody wants but apparently we can’t use that and instead need to talk about redirecting Pfizer. Based on the current numbers if you vaccinated all of SW and W sydney like 3 people might get blood clots? Just start a campaign encouraging everyone in the area to get an AZ shot, and Pfizer can remain the preferred option for young people in other states.

Can't have Sydney lock down, need to steal the vaccines from other states instead.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
For those of us who are out of the loop has NSW actually defined essential workers?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

You are a part of the loving government you useless gently caress.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Wizard Master posted:

So footage has emerged of the man who is now infamous for "punching" a police horse in yesterday's Sydney protest (See the bottom of this page)
https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/syd-lockdown-protestor-horse-punch/

Except if you watch the footage it's clear that he didn't punch the horse at all - he merely nudged its head with minimal force to get it out if his personal space. The notorious photo just managed to capture the exact moment his fist was contacting the police horse's head. I'd encourage the posters who were baying for his blood this time yesterday and bemoaning how easily influenced people can be by selective/biased media to do a bit of self-reflection.

Which posters? Did you post this in the right place? Because as far as I can tell this was the only reaction in this thread.

The Peccadillo posted:

Haha, holy poo poo

or is this W I Z A R D M A S T E R

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Laserface posted:

the first time I have seen labor in the news in maybe months and its to remind us that they are still spineless sacks of poo poo that can get in the bin and get hosed

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/labor-dumps-negative-gearing-backs-tax-cuts-20210726-p58cxs.html

What is the actual point of Labor? If they're not going to win and they're not going to disagree with the LNP on anything, what exactly *are* they for?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Animal Friend posted:

Career minded politicians who don't want actual responsibility

The only jobs program labor is in favour of.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

According to Jordies this is all part of Labor's master plan to show the population how bad untethered LNP governments are by voting through their stinkers. :bravo:

I have defeated you by giving you everything you wanted, thus making me the winner.

The Wimp-Lo of political parties, trained wrong, as a joke.

Also, Sorry to hear that Laserface, that loving sucks.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Eediot Jedi posted:

Turns out adhd + centrelink = bad. There's a list of four options when you go to claim. The first is lockdown + living in a covid hotspot. When I went through that and selected my area, instead of doing something helpful like saying "oh poo poo you're in the wrong place go here" it just said fuckoff.

Centrelink's entire system is built to be as punishingly awful to interact with as possible to try and dishearten people from seeking support they are entitled to. I'm very sorry you have to deal with it.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Prime Minister, has Australia stopped beating it's olympians?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Jobjobber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Pictured: Gladys not locking down early enough.