Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

:australia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Pfft it's the lockdown they had to have. Short circuit breaker lockdowns don't work against the highly infectious strains.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Tim Smith is definitely a member.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Recoome posted:

yeah, but Bootstraps Berejiklian and Scrooge Morrison don't want you to get fat off welfare. Lifters and leaners, mate.

I hold a noose mate

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

freebooter posted:

Kinda weird that Victoria has exactly the same unhinged pro-Lib media but Andrews still managed to not only win, but win in a landslide. What was the deal with that? I was living overseas at the time.

I dunno why the Vic libs are historically hated but last election they were big on ROAD. Just love that road.

E: road, CFA vs fire brigade, """traditional""" values

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jul 8, 2021

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

go_banana posted:

Numbers look... worsening for NSW. I reckon Federal LNP will announce some form of assistance to NSW and we will be in a proper lockdown by Monday, if not earlier. If they let it out of the bag like Hazzard suggests, they'll lose both Federal and State elections. Edit: This is on top of face masks being mandatory for those attending school next week, could be a big wake up call to the community when they get whiff their little loved ones are being affected.

I wonder what the LNP think about jobkeeper/increased jobseeker in hindsight. A panicked over reaction?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

abc posted:

Scott Morrison said as well as the asset test changes, the federal government was suspending the mutual obligation arrangements for people receiving welfare payments in the Greater Sydney area.

They hadn't already suspended mutual obligation arrangements???

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Senor Tron posted:

Conservative governments love roads because they let them do economic stimulus and infrastructure spending in a way that still let's all the people use it feel like rugged individuals that don't need no help from anyone.

I was being dumb but I was referring to East-West link. Libs love that road so much they signed a deal two months before the election with hefty cancellation penalties.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do wonder if trying to go full Nurgle has the state leaders call up to say 'If you do that we're loving walling you off'.

McGowan already said WA would if NSW gave up controlling covid.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

birdstrike posted:

No they can’t, vic stomped delta less than a month beforehand. If they weren’t watching and learning from that they should be sacked.

Vic got pretty lucky that the other variant was detected just as the delta variant was starting to get rolling.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

bowmore posted:

Did they get lucky or did they just respond correctly?

Both?

Vic was already a week and a half into lockdown before the first delta case was detected. Vic entered lockdown 27th May, the first delta cases were detected overnight between 3rd/4th June.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Was it?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

E: at jbp

If it was OG covid you'd have a point but delta can reach out and touch younger people. Before it was young people with complications at risk, now it's just young people. The pool of potential vulnerable people is much larger.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Amoeba102 posted:

'24 Kevin.

hooman posted:

Kevin '27

Kevin '24/7

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Tommunist posted:

A Sydney man, who today received his fourth dose of a coronavirus vaccine, has said he doubled up on AstraZeneca and Pfizer to give him greater immunity against the worrying disease.

Tom Lee, a 34-year-old from Sydney, told news.com.au he was feeling “fine” after his second Pfizer dose this afternoon.
“I’ve seen people feeling sick after the second Pfizer. I'm hoping it doesn't happen to me,” he said.

AZ [X]
Pfizer [X]
J&J [ ]
Moderna [ ]
Gamaleya [ ]
Sinovac [ ]

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Anidav posted:

I'm Covid into NSW

Hi I'm Covid into NSW, I'm dying (apparently)

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Solemn Sloth posted:

How am I supposed to win worst poster awards when y’all doin this

Take the beet approach and go for volume.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Not sure how to embed a tweet in a post but lmao you have to hear the last response.

https://twitter.com/abc730/status/1414895880767885312?s=20

Paraphrasing but
"So if NSW failed to lock down in a reasonable time that would make the NSW government at fault?"
"Well historically NSW has been very good and most states have averaged 11 days lost to lockdowns but in Victoria it's 149 days."

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I couldn't get a clip of this so I'll just post it from abc.

ABC posted:

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews said his government was forced to "shame" federal counterparts into offering support during Melbourne's outbreak of the highly infectious Delta variant earlier this year.

Mr Andrews said he did not begrudge NSW citizens getting help but Victorians were "rightly sick and tired of having to beg for every scrap of support from the federal government".

"It shouldn't take a crisis in Sydney for the Prime Minister to take action but we are seeing the same double standard time and time again," a statement released on Tuesday evening said, quoting a Victorian government spokesperson.

The changes to the federal government's economic safety net will not only apply to New South Wales, but to any other state that enters a lockdown that meets the same criteria.

Mr Frydenberg hit back at the accusation of double standards, saying people were sick of the "whingeing" from Mr Andrews.

He claimed that any time anyone challenged the Victorian Premier it caused a torrent of abuse online from "bots and Trots" loyal to Mr Andrews, referencing the Trotskyist branch of Marxist political theory.

It's me the online communist hit squad coming to your twitter to tell you to do the bare loving minimum to make up for your botched vaccine program.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Recoome posted:

You... want a whole bunch of people to die???

They are doomsdaying.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Anyhow can't imagine Dan the absolute communist Andrews won't go with a lockdown given NSW.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Tommunist posted:

*watching as the delta virus slips containment lines*

Yesss Yeeessss

:hmmrona:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Crossposting from ausgbs

gold standard gang tag

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Mask o'clock interferes with beer o'clock.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Vic libs be like

ABC posted:

But Victoria's Opposition Leader, Michael O'Brien, warned against any further lockdowns, saying the state could not afford it.

"And that's the big test for contact tracing in Victoria," Mr O'Brien said.

"If contact tracing has been fixed the way the government has promised it has been fixed, then there is no need for more restrictions and there should be no need for further lockdowns."

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

freebooter posted:

Victoria surely has to do a quick lockdown for smug I-told-you-so reasons if nothing else

Nah if Sydney is threatening our 149 day record we've gotta get a move on.

Solemn Sloth posted:

If they don’t announce lockdown tomorrow afternoon they are loving up on a Gladystan scale

Gladyssian was right there but yea I'll be surprised if today's news isn't a rolling chain of new exposure sites and a lockdown from 6pm. I just got a 3d printer so I'm set to lose all my income for a few weeks and gently caress up my lungs for some sweet sweet disability and tiny elves.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Lol if he's not getting all five

Eediot Jedi posted:

AZ [X]
Pfizer [X]
J&J [ ]
Moderna [ ]
Gamaleya [ ]
Sinovac [ ]
:colbert:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Megillah Gorilla posted:

"If they had no symptoms" doing a lot of lifting in that sentence.

Yep yep yep and the 60 year old that caught it from the removalist then went on to spread it at the mcg was asymptomatic, so we can fire dead poo poo pointless what ifs all day and maybe feel a tiny bit better for winning the internet or we could not.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Fully.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

GoldStandardConure posted:

why the gently caress your toaster $800, is it haunted by fire ghosts or some arcane poo poo like that

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Solemn Sloth posted:

Police chief commissioner Nixon: if a cop does it, then it’s not illegal

Didn't boat arrivals teach us there's a difference between illegal and unlawful?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Reunite with the economy.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

As a society we need to have a good long talk about calling repeated events 2.0. When you're saying "lockdown five point oh" with no irony it's time to let it go.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Tommunist posted:

Lock down 3.0 + 2.0: you must (not) lockdown

nice

was there even an isnack 1.0?

hambeet posted:

hey konomex. there's at least 5 schools now with kids as confirmed cases in vic

Phillip Island is looking a bit rough right now. The main town on the island itself (Cowes) has exposure sites up and down the main street including its two big super markets, the only big super markets on the island. Just off the island in San Remo the fish and chip joint that is a local institution is also hit up. Surprised they didn't visit the IGA nearby and gently caress that up too.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Yep rip regional vic's early parole.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Tommunist posted:

this is what u get for ur poasts

Not half of what's deserved.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Apparently the political prisoner turned nudist has been fired from big brother.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

SA lockdown from 6pm tonight. Vic extended another week. :itwasgladys:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

I haven't been paying attention to Morrison, how many buses has he thrown Gladys under?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

bowmore posted:

I don't think he has been doing anything, probably hosed off back to Hawaii

Scott this is not what Dan meant when he said treat covid like a fire that's not out.