Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Centusin posted:

People in Indonesia are wanting their government to try and buy unwanted AZ from us, so there is a place we could send whatever we produce in the future to, in addition to the pacific island countries we already have agreements with. But I guess Morrison wouldn't love the optics of sending a large amount overseas while Australians remain unvaccinated either.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/we-are-in-need-of-vaccines-indonesians-eye-australia-s-unwanted-astrazeneca-20210701-p58610.html

I completely believe that Morrison would prefer to see people die overseas rather than look bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I've been doing 9½ hour/4 day weeks for the last couple years now and it still feels like a holiday every week.

I literally cannot overstate the benefit to my mental wellbeing from having three days in a row.

Now imagine just having to do 8 hours days instead

Bring it on imo

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

birdstrike posted:

No they can’t, vic stomped delta less than a month beforehand. If they weren’t watching and learning from that they should be sacked.

Allow me to add yet another thing to the already kilometers long list of things that they should be sacked for.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

People just don't want to get the coronavirus you poo poo spitter.

Pretty sure you are just both correct.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

hambeet posted:

For Vic in April / Mmay this year, my brother in law came back from Spain and he was tested every 3 days. He had to put on mask, unlock the door, stand back against the wall and wait for them to enter and test and not move till they left.

Did he make witty jokes about being a meat popsicle?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

freebooter posted:

They're badly down in the Newspoll:

https://theconversation.com/view-from-the-hill-morrison-and-coalition-sink-in-newspoll-on-the-back-of-rollout-shambles-164699

When Shorten lost what seemed like an unloseable election I thought that was it, for sure, we were stuck with another Howard era. And I thought that even more when their approval shot up after the pandemic started. But the way things have been going lately, and the fact they've probably lost a lot of support in Victoria after all the sniping and Sydney favouritism, they could actually be hosed by the next election.

This country is hosed and deserves what it gets.

Even after the massive ongoing fuckup that is the rona response
Even after massive rorts like car parks and sports slush funds
Even after all this poo poo, its still 53-47%

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

cvisors posted:

Exactly, that’s the issue. All he seems to care about is been PM.

correct, and he will say anything to stay as PM.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Whats the trick for viewing thewest.com.au articles online?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Trust me, if I could find any other news source covering the story, I would use them.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

From the news category of "Why the gently caress didnt this happen years ago", Jones has been dropped by the Tele

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/jul/29/alan-jones-column-ended-daily-telegraph-covid-anti-lockdown-commentary

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

hooman posted:

Cox Inall.....

Is this is social rowing team name?
I thought it was a nice little nod towards how they are loving everyone.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

The Peccadillo posted:

Should be cared about more!

lol this governments priority has never been kids or the future.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Konomex posted:

I prefer WA's model, gently caress the pokies. All gambling is done in one hosed up uber corrupt resort, or allowed on one special day in regular pubs. Ignoring TABs of course.

I can't imagine what it's like having pokies scattered all over your state.

Yeah, no pokies is pretty nice. Gives crown a bunch of money though. After this royal commission, hopefully they lose their licensed though. Some of this that's popping up is so blatantly criminal that I can't see how they will keep it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

snoremac posted:

Why will Crown lose its licence?

Crown perth had a bank account that they didnt know about, but organised crime groups did, and used it to launder untold amounts of money. When they were informed about this, Crown perth did exactly nothing to stop it.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Periphery posted:

All the other state premiers need to start openly calling NSW out on this loving bullshit. Just blame Gladys and Scomo for the whole thing and pile on.

Once again, daddy McGowan is leading the way

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Animal Friend posted:

The ASX still getting record highs has me cackling like the joker

Fyi, every quarter they take out stocks that are losing value and put in stocks that are gaining value.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I remember during the bushfires they still went ahead with summernats even the air outside was too toxic to breathe.

Probably just reckoned it was someone doing some fully sik burnouts 24/7

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

How can they say it’s 70% transmission in the home when 75% of the days cases can’t be linked to other cases?

70% of the transmission they can trace, im assuming.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Eediot Jedi posted:

At least they didn't skip the nine hundreds.

Up until I saw the bit of flame fly over the bonnet, yeah. I was wondering why the cop had an extinguisher with them.

Apparently she was throwing molotovs

well, brain worm versions of molotovs

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I'm in IT and I have never had so many random recruiters message me ever. Just accepted a new role as well. Make sure you are on LinkedIn.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

AHAHAHAHHA suck poo poo eddie

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Senor Tron posted:

You don't get credit for slowing the spread of a large fire when you were the one telling people it was fine to pour petrol everywhere around a bunch of smaller fires.

Hi, welcome to australia, where you most certainly do

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Animal Friend posted:

https://twitter.com/AnnastaciaMP/status/1433219317047255049

So basically Palaszczuk is being cautious and correct and the Feds are losing their poo poo.

Good thing that the ALP is backing thehahahhahahahahaha no of course not

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

hanyolo posted:

When everyone has had the opportunity to vaccinate, then whatever the number ends up being among the unvaccinated.

So that includes people who cant vaccinate for valid medical reasons?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

StrangeThing posted:

Just to be clear, no, we should never do this.

Uh...no. We should not weld people into their homes. lol are we seriously discussing this?

If they have repeatedly shown that they will happily put other peoples lives in danger by willfully spreading the virus, what else do you suggest?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

StrangeThing posted:

And board game nights.
Boardgamearena.com helps with this. When we were in lockdown, I managed to have a few nights where we would all jump on teams or skype or something and play games.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

incredible how albo's spine just completely vaporized

He just fights tories, thats what he does.

Course he fights like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IcCo6gouTc

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Senor Tron posted:

Travel out of Sydney to regional areas as soon as NSW is 70% double vaxxed, look forward to the rest of us getting cases leaking out when NSW explodes in cases in its border regions.

They might be free to travel outwards, but good luck getting daddy mcgowan to allow inwards travel from the plague state

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

Idk why I can't play golf and tennis in Victoria it's dumb as gently caress.

Because its way easier to communicate and enforce a blanket ban, rather than picking and choosing which handful of sports can be played, because people would push the limits of that at every opportunity.

"But officer, table tennis is effectively tennis, so im allowed to play it in a small room with 3 other players, 2 coaches, a ref and some supporters"

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

thatbastardken posted:

CIA absolutely couped Whitlam lmao

Hey now, I think you will find that the CIA only "liberates" left leaning governments in pissant backwaters..ohhhhhhhhh

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Isn't this the same ICAC which just had its power dramatically reduced in an overwhelming vote by both the LNP and Labor?

I think this was the SA version of ICAC.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

Might be my own ignorance on show, but I feel like retail at some specialty places like pool shops, instrument shops, etc is probably substantially less bad than mass-retail like supermarket stuff.

My one retail job was at BCF and it was honestly pretty good because if you go in there you are about to go camping or something and have a good time, so no-one gets cranky at you. Nearly 2 years and I only ever had to deal with one cranky customer, and if I was in his boots I would have been loving livid as well.

My partner at the time worked at Repco and if you are headed there, something probably just broke on your car and you are steaming. Shits hosed.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Sierra Madre posted:

What a baffling proposal. I mean, we know why this is coming up, but I can't recall any election in the last ten years where voter fraud was even discussed.

Given how much we import from america, is this really any surprise?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Blamestorm posted:

I figure probably otherwise best to just think about what can be done locally?

Talk to your close circle of people and make sure they don't vote for the libs, or other right wing parties. Then expand that circle and convert everyone else.

The problems are too big to tackle at a personal level past the low hanging fruit, so societal change needs to happen and it won't happen with the LNP in power.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Senor Tron posted:

Given that we're now over a year into people starting to receive the vaccines without any significant issues showing up, the talk definitely seems to be about unknown long term consequences.

But with how vaccines work, are there really any long term consequences you could suffer from one that you wouldn't likely also get if you caught Covid?

From memory a scientist was asked about something like this, and apparently if you are going to have an adverse reaction to a vaccine, it generally happens in the first few months. They tend not to just lay dormant for years and then decide to cause issues.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Serious question:

Who was the last Australian Politician that people could actually get excited about? Left or Right.

To my mind Kevin07 comes closest, but I still reckon that doesn't count coz the hype there was just that he was "not John Howard".

Scotty 2 Hotty Ludlam, but he was to good for Canberra.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Senor Tron posted:

I am surprised Labor aren't going harder on how much the Coalition hosed up the submarine deals, that is a massive thing to hit at.

The hopeless optimist in me is hoping that they are quietly making notes about all the fuckups and are going to blitz advertising before clive can buy it all again.

They aren't, because they are the alp, but i can hope.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

freebooter posted:

Nobody outside Sydney knows or cares who Craig Kelly is and after McGowan's landslide and the intensification of existing animosity towards the eastern states and Canberra, I would be very surprised if WA doesn't swing strongly towards Labor.

Im certainly hoping there will be a swing towards ALP, but I don't think it will be as big as some people think. Daddy McGowan isn't as popular as he was before.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Launchpad McQuack posted:

Anyone that has been near the hospital system recently turns against him pretty quick.

Yeah, thats what I have heard as well. Its a bit annoying, because currently we have the choice between McGowan, who hasn't fixed the many problems with the health system, or some unknown lib, who caused the problems with the health system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Animal Friend posted:

Yeah I've had people running for LGA who want to abolish the monarchy...

So you voted for them, yeah