Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

moice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Anidav posted:

Scott Morrison listens to Death Grips

it goes it goes it goes it goes

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Most of our sick days at work the last two years have been migraine or RSI related -- too much computer, need day off. I don't think anyone here has actually had a cold or flu in that time.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

moice
making

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

A vic lockdown would be loving annoying

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Albanese will still lose

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Anidav posted:

Labor will win the next federal election.

You mean this in the sense of "Labor won't win this federal election, but they will win the next one", right?

Right?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Anidav posted:

Labor is now the punter favourite to win the next election.

Last election Sportsbet paid out Labor bets early, it was so sure they were going to win.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

poland really is the australia of europe

https://i.imgur.com/i6Qqjw6.mp4

This man will win the 2021 Federal Election

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Why would Labor be anti-corruption? :confused:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

NSW cop: Excuse me young man, step over here if you will, I just need to inspect your gooch for vaccine track marks

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

:suicide:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

man this lockdown's got me bummed out

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

that woman's in 16:9 when she should be in 4:3

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

Is there a goon sufficiently versed in Fair Work that they can help me with act references to defend myself and my colleagues against a new demand from our micromanager, who wants us to be at work 15 minutes early to do our setup in unpaid time because "We're adults, it's the adult thing to do", and anyone not doing it will face repercussions? We're all on the Clerks award if it matters.

Our micromanager is really dialing up the absolute bullshit to try and recover our numbers and her position, after months of her incompetence doubled and tripled the workload, which also doubled and tripled the metrics that are our KPIs, for no increase in actual output, because she refuses to learn a single thing about what our job is, how it's done, or recognise any of the difficulties whatsoever in 24/7 shift work.

She also doesn't like me, and has already been targetting me in the weeks leading up to this new policy, because she's the kind who thinks that being relentlessly, saccharine dipped positive about everything all the time overrides all problems, and anyone who is ever lesss than that is a threat to maintaining that fantasy. Her idea of keeping people wanting to come to work is a newsletter and an employee of the month award with no actual prize, while all feedback about things that the people here actually care about is thrown into the bin.

The SA branch of the ASU was going to send me an email, but it hasn't arrived yet.

The long buried call-center worker in me just laughed at this entire post. If you're covered by an award instead of an EBA you might be in luck, but personally I would just find a new job.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

dissolve nsw, move the victoria-qld border to just below the blue mountains, everyone wins

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

got me first az jab. if i stop posting after this i've been perma'd by the big lowtax in the sky

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Apparently they've figured out how to treat it though (or which medicines not to give, like heparin), I was reading through the advice to doctors about it because I don't particularly want to die. Seemed reassuring

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

:smithicide:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I don't know anything about Perth, is that area a sex worker hotspot? Or a homelessness hotspot? Or just a series of very unfortunate incidents happening to people who are indigenous?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

perepelki posted:

Friendly reminder that if you live in so-called-Australia you’re on stolen, unceded, Aboriginal land

who cares

perepelki posted:

Aboriginal peoples are more vulnerable to covid & there’s now Elders hospitalised with it.

that sucks and we should get those people vaccinated as a priority

perepelki posted:

I prioritise Indigenous lives & communities over footy games, & so should you

again, who cares

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

so-called-Australia indeed

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bowmore posted:

stop being a dickhead

i would prefer to simply be told that indigenous people are being vaccinated at way lower rates than non-indigenous people -- because it's important information that people should be aware of and so that something can be done about it -- without it being wrapped in a smug sandwich

an "i care more than you do" attitude doesn't do anything more than toot their own horn, it certainly doesn't get people on board

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/NITV/status/1430689262748397573

this poo poo is insanely hosed

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Why would anyone else win? :confused:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

gay picnic defence posted:

Dandrews won’t admit it but I think the end game here is to stop cases blowing out too much in the month or so it takes to hit the vaccination targets. Once the virus gets into certain communities it becomes extremely difficult to eradicate and almost impossible with delta unless you get onto it very early. We’ve missed our chance at that and NSW have well and truly blown their shot at it so we’re stuck with the virus now.

He's been saying this consistently for days. What makes you think he "won't admit" it? We're not going for covid zero, we're going for 70%-80% vaccination as part of a national strategy

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

is this real

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Kazzah posted:

Booked in my vax for... November

What's preventing you from getting AZ?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

droll posted:

Do Australians that choose less efficacious vaccines now get the opportunity to receive better vaccines later?

The most effective vaccine is the one you can get right now :shrug:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Kazzah posted:

I don't know which version I'm getting, it doesn't say

Why don't you just book an AZ vaccine for sooner?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Phigs posted:

The only faster ones in range of me are the AZ ones and I don't know if that's a good idea. My vasculature is all hosed up so the second I hear blood clot I nope out.

There are specific things that they screen for, it's worthwhile checking with your doctor to see if it might cause issues with you. Also, Moderna is coming next? week.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

It's probably from the protests last week

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

when the cop comes to help

:confused:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

copping gobbies from the coalface

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

My go to method was to find all the poo poo in the cardboard bin that hadn't been broke down and just kick the living poo poo out of it. My bosses always thought I was a good employee but in reality it was a deeply Jungian exercise of trauma displacement

you've just brought up a deep seated memory that i thought i'd forgotten. so many beer slabs curbstomped like i'd want to do to fuckwit customers

i'm so glad that i don't work in hospo anymore

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

I'm an ultra liberal actually.

dios mio!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Breetai posted:

Ignoring the fact that you're a golem hewn out of bad faith arguments:

Yeah except obese people can't spread an airborne potentially fatal condition to others by walking around, and aren't deliberately coughing in the faces of people who are asking them not to do so with the intent of making them sick.

A better analogy would be "should we give the liver transplant to the unrepentant alcoholic who regularly announces their intent to keep drinking? Or prioritise others?"

Back of the loving queue with them.

I agree that it was pretty hosed up of us to give Hinch that liver