Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

freebooter posted:

Yes, but given the supply constraints I guess a lot of people worry that getting AZ now means they'll go to the back of the queue for a Pfizer booster later, and be walking around with AZ only while Australia opens up and floods itself with Delta. Or at least that's my personal concern. Anecdotally I know a lot of boomers are worried about the blood clots.

Even if we get to 90% vaxxed we aren't gonna drop all restrictions completely because of the people who can't get vaxxed and you can still shed and spread virus even when fully vaxxed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

froglet posted:

I paid $50 for the tetanus booster

Lifehack: get in an accident with sharp metal that requires 3 stitches in your forearm and the ER will give you a free tetanus shot.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

thatbastardken posted:

or get bitten by a dog! doesn't need to be a stitch-worthy injury even.

I moved a ladder with my cordless drill with a huge sharp drillbit on it then tried to catch the drill with my arms when it toppled while my partner watched, knowing what was about to happen but saying nothing because they didn't think I was that stupid (They were wrong, I was that stupid).

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
It's not a protest unless a journalist just doing their job gets pepper sprayed and by that metric this was a protest.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
How retroactive could it be though given it's probably going to be massively underfunded.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Zenithe posted:

Did I imagine jobmaker. That was a thing right

It existed but only made like 50 jobs

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

BrigadierSensible posted:

I had no side effects whatsoever from either my 1st or 2nd Pfizer injection.

you're the secret double blind control

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Konomex posted:

I mean, what even is this? I know people who would serve this to me, but I wouldn't serve this to someone. For one, waaaay too many peas and corn. I'm going to ignore the steak because I don't like steak, but even if I didn't I'm aware some people would call it a warcrime. It's missing at least one other element, not to mention... sauce? Seasoning? loving flavour?

Come on Albo, you can do better than this sad meal on a plate.

A balanced meal rule of thumb is half your plate should be vegetables, 1/4 carbs and 1/4 protein. So yes that plate is missing mashed potatoes and wouldnt hurt to add some like beans or broccoli to round it out.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
I'm fully vaxxed and I say let 'er rip

<rico.gif>

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Halo14 posted:

Christ Gladys, it's not an ICAC Enquiry

loving should be

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Phigs posted:

Do we even have good quarantine procedures now to keep the next potential variant out?

It's unclear how good (bad) the c1.2 variant is but I think theres a pretty good job that delta will outcompete it.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

JBP posted:

Federal Labor can win off Vic flipping. Chisolm, Deakin, Casey, La Trobe and Higgins are different varieties of gettable. I can't see libs winning anything they don't hold in most states and Qld are likely pissed off enough to flip a seat or two, however I don't know a lot about Queensland's electorates and I'd be speculating wildly rather than moderately.

And I haven't included Kooyong which is within the shadowy realms of possibility to go not blue, which is a win.

Don't forget WA lol

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Lolie posted:

The Opposition should hold an 11 am press conference daily with the Leader, Deputy Leader and Shadow Minister for Health.

No one will cover it because our media landscape is cooked

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Senor Tron posted:

In Adelaide had an anti-mask protestor approach us on the street while walking back from lunch. He had a big yellow star of David pinned to his chest and was walking up to anyone wearing a mask to loudly yell at them "ZERO CASES IN THE COMMUNITY".

Yes officer I felt threatened and acted in self defense when I popped him one in the face.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

The Peccadillo posted:

I don't know who this is

I know who a few people in the background are but I don't know what the british guy who invented the vaccines cause autism conspiracy and the guy who got canned from Vice for starting the Proud Boys have to do with each other and or our freedom

It's meant to be riffing on this I think:

But unironically

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

All these tweets aren't convincing this isn't a parody account.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Are the aboriginal communities self-regulating fairly well or is there some white savior bullshit happening?

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

JBP posted:

I don't give a gently caress at this point. Everybody has been given their chance and if you are still waiting on your vaccination don't attend a venue or gently caress up by going to a friend's house or whatever. Easy. If you haven't had it you can't work either so big shrug from me.

Unless you live in regional NSW like my friend who was only able to get their second jab last week despite trying since the very beginning to get jabbed with ANY vaccine including AZ.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

JBP posted:

Cool well they are well ahead of deadlines for venues and mandatory workplace vaccinations. Good for them for being so diligent!

Skated in under the deadline but many people including roughly 50% of their employees and by their estimation about 50% of their customers will not.

My friend posted:

Tl;dr Under 40's had approximately a 2 week window to start their vaccination process to be fully vaccinated by now in this area, if they followed the official advice, and sfa people would have been able to get an appointment in time. And now they have to stay home so Sydney can go out.
Does anyone know when I can find out the timeline for government advice on vaccinations? As a regional area Under 40's here haven't had the same time to get double vaccinated as Sydney.. and if I am right about the times for the official health advice there may actually be proof that under 40's in non-hotspot regional areas are being discriminated against on the basis of age as everything is based on Sydney, which had different health advice in regards to access to vaccinations for under 40's.
Can anyone help with me getting official information in the timelines? I'll be contacting NSW Health and all the local medical centers as well to see when they started offering Astrazenica to under 40's, because it was well and truly months after it was offered to under 40's in Sydney, and we were only recently able to get Pfizer. Unfortunately, due to supply of Pfizer going to Sydney there has been a significant backlog on Pfizer appointments.
Is it ok that under 40's must have two doses by now, if they haven't been given as much opportunity as those under 40 in Sydney? I'm deeply curious as to what the time margins are here as some have been lucky enough to get both doses (including myself, who actually went against the health advice at the time) but many of my friends under 40 haven't had their second shot despite all efforts to get one.
This isn't about Vaccine hesitancy, but simple access and time. Can anyone help?

Spookydonut fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Oct 10, 2021

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
*nervously shifts tie* I don't gently caress the coal mate.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Launchpad McQuack posted:

There is also the fact not everyone can get vaxed for health reasons.

Those people should be front of the queue for health care.

The other kind of unvaxxed person who is a big dum dum should be at the back of the queue, they can have their free health care but everyone else who did the right thing should get their free health care first.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Health care will always need to be rationed until we can just inject someone with nanites no matter whats wrong with them and it stops them dying.

Mass casualty events are the most common case where triaging happens and people are left to die because it would take too much time and effort to save them.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
I frequently forget about covid in WA except when I scan a qr code on check-in, and then notice maybe only half of people doing the same.

Totally primed for a massive uncontrollable outbreak.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
As long as its not treason and you don't go to jail for a year or more you can be convicted of a crime and not be disqualified as a member of parliament

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

freebooter posted:

I am like 99% positive Morrison didn't invent saying "how good is!"

Where the bloody hell are ya?

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is how you get Dutton as head of the LNP

This is how you get Dutton, smiling, and trying to gladhand and kiss babies.

Both of these are horrible things.

Is Dutton's seat secure enough?

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Pleasant Friend posted:

I think the LNP are well and truly hosed this time, Albo will be the smallest target PM in history.

The only question in my mind is will they get a majority or be forced to work with the cross bench / how long until the rags are openly calling them nazis on the front page.

Thanks to the LNP precedents they can go after those rags

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

SecretOfSteel posted:

How likely is a leadership change? I thought it was part of their strategy at this point.

my take on lnp popularity since last election is its about business as usual (despite the pandemic) and stability of government, which a leadership change pre-election would undermine.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

JBP posted:

People whose families have long abandoned them.

Can confirm, we cut ties with father in law and he has literally no family left in his life now and it's exactly the sort of poo poo he laps up.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
instead of rail why cant we just use big speed boats

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
We know we're going to lose the next election so lets destroy future budgets with military spending so we can claim labor is poo poo at economic management.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

JBP posted:

Ten days iso :xd:

Ten days Isocubes

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Greg of Doom posted:

McGowan

What a oval office gently caress him.

Thanks tho.

lmao whos rereg are you

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Mental Health needs so much more funding in this country.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Animal Friend posted:

Bucky quoting me quoting his twitter sockpuppet quoting him

I'm so happy.

ftfy

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
No way that isn't very carefully staged by some staffer making sure they look normally placed but show up in the camera frame.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
WA fuel cabal recently switched to 2 week cycles and i hate it already.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Heart attack from snorting coke off the body of a thai woman.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Murwillumbah completely flooded, gets no support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

I've never talked to one of the how to vote people, I'm afraid they'll engage me in political discourse if I tell them I have opinions

As a weary veteran how to vote hander-outer for the greens i never was the one engaging in any kind of political discourse it was always people with brain worms engaging me about dumb poo poo and me less and less politely telling them to gently caress off as i got older.