Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Generated Wizards
Apr 16, 2016

thatbastardken posted:

all the country folk i know drive toyotas exclusively

Older Toyotas specifically seem to be the gold standard. New Toyotas and Holdens are acceptable but you're on thin loving ice mate.

My dad lives in the East Kimberley and he will not let go of his 1996 Landcruiser despite it crumbling a bit and being in sore need of at least a turbo (the AC cuts out a lot when the engine's under load too which is :discourse: in far northern WA) - there's no electronics to get dust in them or otherwise go wrong, plus since everyone has them the local mechanics know them and will actually have parts for them. There are people in town with Great Wall utes and also a couple of BMWs/Audis and those break down all the time and have to get schlepped to Darwin to get serviced/fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generated Wizards
Apr 16, 2016

lol

Alan Jones has moved to youtube streaming and it would seem that he sucks at it as much as he does anything else. Stream crashed within 3 minutes of going live and then 2 hours later he was able to get online to both spout unhinged conspiracy stuff and rant about dumb poo poo like how apparently the ferries in Sydney suck and they suddenly changed a bus route on him.

Apparently Dominic Perrottet also made an appearance, continuing the theme of Mr. Jones not really being silenced by anything except his own uselessness.

Generated Wizards
Apr 16, 2016

I was in Coles this morning and shelves definitely looked a lot more empty than usual, people are preparing for the apocalypse by buying up all the rice, oats, chicken nuggets and cat food. Every supermarket near me has quantity limits on cat food, but it's not a problem in the pet supply stores so I'm not sure if it's a supply chain thing or if there are just loads of cat-owning preppers.

What the gently caress is going on with parliament at the moment, holy poo poo. It's never been the pinnacle of reasoned discourse but this 'Mr Speaker that guy is a CCP agent' 'no u' poo poo is causing me physical pain, is this seriously what the agenda got cleared for them to do? Surely there are less loving stupid ways to suggest to voters that Albo is a dirty commie

Generated Wizards
Apr 16, 2016

Yeah shelves have definitely been a lot emptier lately with the flooding, but it was noticeably worse today - felt like half the store was empty and they had lots of staff putting out whatever stock they did have. One-two punch of having gently caress all available and having people rush in to scoop up as much of anything that didn't already have quantity limits as possible, or lots of people have developed a sudden passion for frozen green beans and granola

Generated Wizards
Apr 16, 2016

Some of those rental e-scooters have appeared in my suburb in Perth and I hate them because the people who hire them just do not have any concept of safety. Personal scooters and e-bikes have been cropping up in steadily increasing numbers but they’re mostly fine since the person usually has some idea of what they’re doing and has a chunk of their own dollars invested in not crashing the loving things. I’m not sure if they even have a bell, never gets used if they do

Hopefully people get less poo poo at using them with time because it’s a good idea to have rental transports readily available but as they are now they’re annoying as gently caress