Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

The Peccadillo posted:

There's no such thing as a sick day for an office job anymore, which has been kinda hosed/funny to see

can you explain further for a rough hands like me? Like surely you still need time off work to see a doctor or sometimes you'll just be actually too sick to do any work surely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I would like woodenbong but not the tweed in Qld please and thank you

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Hey guys I just got here I heard the funniest joke about Eric Clapton

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Crossposting from ausgbs

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I don't want to come in to bat for the insane conspiracy dude itt but its kind of amazing how dense some of you motherfuckers are to conflate "authoritarianism" with "fascism"

Anyway since the gbs thread is a better politics thread than the politics thread is I'm going to say I feel good about giving up smoking a fucktonne of pot to focus on my other great joy in life, sticking things up my dickhole and into my butt

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Konomex posted:

Whooosh.

sorry was that post meant to be funny? I'm sorry. lmao. I'm laughing my rear end off.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

As a society I think we need to do more through interstitial version updates between major upgrades. I will not be taking questions on what this means

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Please don't quote my posts with typos in them before I can correct them. Also I do not notice typos in my posts until someone quotes them. What i'm saying I guess is I'm on smoko leave me alone

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

If I wanted more police I would simply stage a BLM protest in my town

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

If twitter dunks aren't real then why am I crying

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

ease up, he's getting divorced, a fact which I only found out after I saw that steak and felt compelled to google "is anthony albanese getting divorced"

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Greens politician

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

bell jar posted:

because I don't particularly want to die.

ok boomer

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

you merely adopted the wiggle, I was born into it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

KennyTheFish posted:

Governments are people. It’s people who suck.

Have you heard about drop tuning? Incredible poo poo my man give it a go

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I remember when anidavs Bill shorten schtick felt like a harrowing sliver of optimism in a world that didn't deserve it and now hes been proven right and it gives me hope for the future

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I literally snapped a pencil irl when I first saw this lmao

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Box of Bunnies posted:

we have to protect Movie World's fake Austin Powers at all costs

Wtf mum!!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

droll posted:

The one that the data says is less efficacious. Can you share your data that suggests they're all the same?

:hmmyes:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Pleasant Friend posted:

The world would probably be a better place, and necessary for climate change, if spoilt bougie dickheads couldn't just fly down to Amsterdam to see a soccer game on a whim because its cheap.

*In the most insufferable fuckhead voice I can produce with my mouth* friendo, you should log off for your own mental health. This catastrophizing is bad for you

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

thatbastardken posted:

graves are cheap, it's coffins that are pricy

Looking at the ratio of land/house prices over the last 40 years I can only assume this is no longer the case

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm at the "applying for non-combat entry level tech positions in the ADF" stage of depression and unemployment.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I actually meant to post that in the gbs shitposting australia thread but tbh I think its political enough to work here

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Synthbuttrange posted:

Boris, Trump and Scotty

You do not gotta hand it to him but trump did literally inspire people to commit sedition

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Individual action can't solve this problem but that's not the same thing as 'individual actions can't make this any worse by entrenching it as accepted behaviour' and it's wild how often moral dilemmas around capitalism are simply people's inability to acknowledge that

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

hooman posted:

Yeah but the problem is that by that logic, don't own shares, because you're entrenching the acceptableness of infinitely growth and infinite profit. Don't have a superannuation fund because they invest in shares, therefore making it acceptable. Don't buy electronic consumables because they're made in slave worker conditions, same with most clothing. Don't use any electricity or any transportation because fossil fuels are going to kill millions. There is no ethical consumption under capitalism, and individual action cannot fix systemic problems.

Basically we all draw our own line at what we consider ethical and what we don't. There's obvious examples of unnecessarily unethical (slavery) and necessarily unethical (consumption of fossil fuels/electricity), but where we each draw the line in needing to look after our personal wellbeing is individual.

That's fine but its also extremely pathetic to make a big deal about where your line is and then shifting it dramatically the second you have the equity to participate in this particular form of inequality that specifically affects the real circumstances of a lot of people

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

That guy pushing dominos meme where the tiny domino says 'the love interest from baseketball has a son with autism' and the biggest one is 'i see a dog getting kicked on my twitter timeline'

E: wow they'll let anyone make a meme nowadays huh

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Sep 20, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

dr_rat posted:

Thoughts and prayers for those who are on a supermarket shift this morning in vic

That's just a chemist warehouse after someone got caught shop lifting skin creme and flipped their poo poo

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I wish I could believe that there was a deeper meaning to them using the naval flag beyond the Australian conspiracy movement being a sadder weirder version of the US one with all its obsessions with gold fringes and maritime law

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

We have poo throwers and that's all the Australian political landscape will tolerate

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

teacup posted:

I’m leaking

hi leaking i'm dad

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Magpies gonna take it this year. I believe.

E: who the gently caress is voting for sulphur crested cockatoos. Democracy is a lie. gently caress this!!!

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 27, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Craig Kelly

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

tipping the doctors office equivalent of a beer tray into one big syringe and shooting it into my dick behind the bio waste bins

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I'm unclear what Qld has to do with the Sydney Easter show

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

JBP posted:

Looking forward to the day where some tragedy befalls and auspol poster and when the cop comes to help

This is almost exactly the opposite of my lived experience with the police tbh but who am I to question the credentials of famed good poster JBP

to be fair if I didn't want the police to show up and insinuate a violent crime enacted against me by a total stranger was somehow my fault multiple times I probably shouldn't have allowed myself to become the victim of a violent crime.

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Oct 13, 2021

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

freebooter posted:

loving sucks but I don't see an easy way around it unless we want every little shop and cafe to have to hire bouncers.

I really would like to see the government push very hard on enforcement for the first few months (both patrons and businesses). Now is the time to be conditioning people.

Agreed. My first thought is that ultimately it doesn't seem any more egregious than making us enforce QR code compliance (which also sucks but lacks a viable alternative) but the less rational part of my mind worries that ultimately there's some intangible increase in likelihood of it escalating beyond simply telling people that its part of the condition of entry and they have a big fuckin sook and gently caress off without any trouble

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

If your job's stressful enough, any room can be a crying room!

The keg room or walk in fridge typically fulfils the role of the crying room and the employee sex room in hospitality

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

My go to method was to find all the poo poo in the cardboard bin that hadn't been broke down and just kick the living poo poo out of it. My bosses always thought I was a good employee but in reality it was a deeply Jungian exercise of trauma displacement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

For the record I was bullied too much :(