Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Homora Gaykemi posted:

i will vote for whoever will get the proper Ninja Warrior back on SBS

For a brief period, you could find the condensed version of the show on youbute. All the bullshit cut out, just the runs.

Reminded me of the old Mythbusters Streamlined you could find back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

NPR Journalizard posted:

I completely believe that Morrison would prefer to see people die overseas rather than look bad.

Replace "Morrison" with "any politician".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
All medical advice = get phizer.

ScoMo talking out his arse = get AZ

Comstar please, you're making me agree with JBP here!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Pwnstar posted:

My fave is getting sent home for coughing too much and then getting in trouble for not having a doctors certificate to make that a valid sick day.

Sick days need to loving change. Either make a doctor's certificate available online or via phone consultation or, preferably, if your staff say they're sick, believe them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Senor Tron posted:

My workplace moved to 4 day weeks and they are amazing. Do recommend.

I've been doing 9˝ hour/4 day weeks for the last couple years now and it still feels like a holiday every week.

I literally cannot overstate the benefit to my mental wellbeing from having three days in a row.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I'm not "technically" on a 4 day week, I just moved all my poo poo around so I would be. Ordinarily, I'd absolutely hate working an extra 90minutes a day but, knowing it gives me 3 days off, more than makes up for it.

I'd love to see a world where no one worked more than 7 hours/4 days (better would be even less, natch) and could still earn a living wage. I try to convince all the other staff to do it, too.

Like the opposite of a crab bucket. Crab trampoline, if you will.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

hambeet posted:

He is now a Swans supporter.

Literally Warwick Capper, Mr Speakah.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
murder
nationals

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Well, it's not like they employed Sam Newman or anything.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Solemn Sloth posted:

It’s honestly astounding that you seem to think that following the advice of the expert body established specifically to provide this kind of advice is some kind of fringe position.

If ATAGI decides, upon examination of all the evidence, that I should go get AZ, I'll immediately get on the app and and book a jab.

Until then, I'll continue to take their advice over self-serving politicians and their booklicks.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Looking at the exposure sites, it seems someone drove down to Barwon Heads to visit the football club, went to officeworks and an Apco.

Just the dumbest poo poo. Had to be someone "just going for a drive to the beach". Now there are three tier two contact sites 80km out of Melbourne.

And I know that Apco, it's huge and incredibly busy.

:sigh:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Solemn Sloth posted:

Why is that the dumbest poo poo? If they had no symptoms and didn’t know they had been exposed why would someone not go for a drive like that? If us pursuing no underlying community transmission means you still shouldn’t go more than 3 metres from your front door for fear of unknowingly spreading the virus then what the gently caress is the point of it?

"If they had no symptoms" doing a lot of lifting in that sentence.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Tommunist posted:

I dont think you can reasonably blame asymptomatic people.

Seriously though, I'm not blaming. Just really loving tired.

By "dumbest poo poo" I just meant loving all of this.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Tommunist posted:

You seem very mad about this one particular issue.

3rd Amendment violations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Reason for wishing to enter the country

code:
[ ] Reunite with family
[x] economy
Approved!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Eediot Jedi posted:

As a society we need to have a good long talk about calling repeated events 2.0. When you're saying "lockdown five point oh" with no irony it's time to let it go.

Better than "lockdowngate"

hambeet posted:

hey konomex. there's at least 5 schools now with kids as confirmed cases in vic

Those removalists really hosed the entire state, didn't they?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Maybe they were hoping Jenner would run Hopkins over and kill her?

Would be great for the ratings. Hell, even I'd tune in to see that.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

The Peccadillo posted:

"The government has completely missed the mark when it comes to identifying the group of young offenders who are the most prolific offenders in our community," he said.

They'd prefer socks and pillories.

It's pretty easy to identify kids in need who are acting out. Actually helping them despite the best efforts of "tough on crime" politicians and cops is the actual hard part.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

bowmore posted:

I don't think he has been doing anything, probably hosed off back to Hawaii

December: fires burning half the country. Fucks off to Hawaii.

January: Victorian covid cases exploding and state enters lockdown. Fucks off for another week because his first one got cut short by all the ungrateful bastards dying.

You can't expect a man to work forever, can you? Standing around in the back of NSW pressers looking like a smug oval office can't be easy.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

freebooter posted:

Incorrect. Albanese will win and announce that we have to cut Newstart further.

But only for single mothers.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

commie kong posted:

Everyone is going to be suddenly and deeply concerned about China just before the election, probably.

e: might get probed for mentioning China. Not my intent to stir the thread. Just saying they’ve used up “boat people” and there’s another effective distraction available to them.

Mate, as long as you're not doing genocide denialism bullshit, no one gives a poo poo if you mention China.

And, if you are, well there's a CSPAM Auspol thread which was literally created for genocide denialism , I poo poo you not.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
That's just it, they're not even doing our genocides - they doing the "Uyghur genocide is CIA op" thing.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
He invested a huge amount of political capital in pushing the AZ before the whole blot clot thing came up.

Naturally, rather than using the best information available and jumping on Pfizer, he has to pretend his first decision was right all along and doesn't care what negative effects this will have on people.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
That's some Trump level "Not my fault" right there.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Look, we gave everyone more than enough access to AZ to keep them safe. And, if they died after taking it, it's their fault for taking it in the first place despite the best medical advice on the matter which I did everything in my power to override.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
So, you're saying that the text which is darker, bolder, in a different font and less out of focus might be fake?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Senor Tron posted:

And now NSW is trying to persuade the other states we should give up some of our vaccines to NSW.

A great plan if it had come a few weeks ago accompanied by an early lockdown to ensure the outbreak didn't spread, but there's no loving chance any premier is going to get their states to be on board with the idea when they are now facing down the barrel as well.

So, you're saying it's ScoMo's time to shine?

I don't hold up vaccine delivery to others states, mate. Oh wait.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
If it's in Brisbane, just have it during schoolies week for the loving hilarity.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
ATAGI only had to change their advice because of loving ScoMo in the first place.

Maybe blame him, not the people who listened to actual medical experts.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Nah. Bolt wouldn't have acknowledged the Aborigines.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Zombie John Laws?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Christensen should stick to his first love - loving $2 whores in the Philippines.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

hooman posted:

I have defeated you by giving you everything you wanted, thus making me the winner.

The Wimp-Lo of political parties, trained wrong, as a joke.

I know the Democrats managed to do this once* with some horrific bill the GOP were trying to push through that would have broken a tonne of poo poo in their country, but were doing it just so they could scream about how the Dems were blocking them. So, the Democrats just stepped aside and refused to oppose it, meaning it would have gone through by default.

That meant all the Republicans had to scramble to stop their own bill from becoming law.

* just once, then went back to being even worse trash than Labor.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
gently caress me, that kid was a hero.

EDIT: Why is there no milkshake duck smilie?

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Jul 27, 2021

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

hambeet posted:

you'd think a prolonged lockdown would be worse for business than a couple of uppity casuals not having to be your wage slaves for a couple of days or at worst a week or so?

Because companies are woefully understaffed. Even one person calling out sick can throw everything upside down because there is literally no one else to come in to work to cover for them.

Kanban of human misery.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Solemn Sloth posted:

No thanks, I’ll blame Gladys for seamlessly moving from “we don’t need to lockdown” to “this lockdown thing is way too hard, 70% (of eligible population) vaccinated and we can let it rip”

Multiple other states have managed to deal with a delta outbreak without being colossal fuckups

Is it only NSW and SA with lib premiers?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Doesn't count. Not Australia.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Here in Canberra the supermarkets are just using ordinary employees to enforce QR code’s and I don’t think that’s appropriate.

Yeah it's hosed.

Staff members have absolutely no power to get people to sign in, but the health directives say they're responsible if people don't do it.

I can just imagine some poor bastard having spent their 8 hours being abused only to be called in by a manager saying "We've received a number of complaints about you from customers. This is your first and final written warning. No you don't get to defend yourself, you're a casual and have no rights."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Eediot Jedi posted:

Keeping the car radio on abc news is going to kill me

Every time they play a question time clip where a useless gently caress gives Morrison the sloppiest verbal gobbie so he can then claim the fed gov isn't a poo poo golem that had to be dragged loving screaming to do any part of its job, how they present themselves as taking measured responses to a developing situation and not so far behind the ball hubble can't make them out is so aggravating. Someone just call them out on their bullshit please. Albo gently caress off you're not going to wedge the libs with $300 jab bucks.

But if they do that, they might lose their Canberra press club pass.

Also, can't believe they voted down the $300 vaccination incentive because it was "an insult" to the Australian people - as decided by people making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Animal Friend posted:

Anybody who still wants to defend Gladys or NSW can meet me behind the bike sheds at 4pm

Do schools even still have bike sheds?

Where do kids go to smoke vape?