Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
The one thing that looks iffy, to me, is the only controlling one ship against multiple ships part of the game. Still going to pick it up because it looks great besides that but still would have liked to see more than just 1vX fights. Hoping that there will be (already is?) some way for other ships in the fleet to influence fights without being active so there's incentive to create other types of support ships and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
It only takes, like, two hours tops to update to win10 and it's free if you already have a valid 7 key :shrug:

Won't even lose anything.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Perestroika posted:

Digging through the game files, it fortunately does seem like very nearly everything is just saved in simple plaintext. I haven't had the time yet to actually experiment, but from the looks of the files it seems quite possible to just mod them to, say, cut fuel consumption in half across the board.

You can easily modify the stats of every ship part including everything to do with costs, fuels, crew, speed, armor, damage, etc. It's really quite thorough and written out in an easily understandable way.

The next fun thing to test will be custom parts.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Kenlon posted:

Borderless window mode? Time to re-buy it after my refund.

They already fixed the most major of complaints and are (have?) even reintegrating windows 7 support for the crazies still running it.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Eason the Fifth posted:

Game fun? Or wait for a sale?

Very fun. Worth it now, imo, though still some small things to fix if that bothers you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
EM Jamming is just flooding everything around you with radiation to disrupt signals. It's incredibly easy to triangulate where a jammer is because it's like a giant screaming beacon with "LOOK AT ME" in neon letters.

Basically never use jamming in your main fleet, instead you want to use it like an EWAR plane and have it flittering about at long range disrupting and overwhelming radar from picking up your main fleet.

It'll also draw in every single ARM so be prepared for that.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 07:23 on May 2, 2022