Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/itsMoenski/status/1417091306225115136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Pro-tip, before you equip your White Mage job stone, head back to Gridania and pick up a quest from Braya in the Conjurer's Guild called "Unicorn Power." It'll give you a free mount upon completing it, but the quest can only be done as a Conjurer.

how many things like this have i missed not sure I’ve ever gotten a mount from a random sidequest

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

where do you start the special weapon quests. i only have samurai and dancer above 50 and i've never seen a blue quest about it. there's rowena in idyllshire but she's locked to seemingly every class that i'm not

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

where is 'eureka'

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

in ARR they occasionally had the scions say stuff like "this is a job for the warrior of light and their band of adventurers" before duties yeah. they don't bother for later expansions

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah having just finished the msq i would recommend picking up an alt class (or two) that starts at 50 or 60 just so you dont waste msq experience when you get there

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh i didnt realize that at all what else shares exp pools

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the art style improves as you go for the most part. the important characters all get multiple makeovers that are all upgrades, at least, and you start getting like cool lion guys in the story instead of boring big blue dudes. they even pare down the hideous garlean armor

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also you’re probably crying

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

maybe if you do an hour of nothing but MSQ but even then i think it's more than ~100 hours

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

posting this here because i think this weeks fashion report is maybe the easiest one ever

https://twitter.com/KaiyokoStar/status/1423598664300122114

the easy 80 points is just two pieces of newbie gear and will get you the full MGP reward
do note you still need to have something equipped in all the other slots though

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they need to haukke manor as a command mission option so i can finally get the cheevo for viewing the whole map

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think finishing stormblood story unlocks a way to level 61-70 easier and the same for shadowbringers and 71-80 but nothing comes to mind for where you're at

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i promise you can like the game without liking tataru lol

and yeah they fix most of my aesthetic issues with the game as the msq progresses but the lalafell never stop waddling around

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I would not really recommend re-playing ARR if you already have, personally. it's a good experience if you're coming to the game for the first time but would suggest you just watch a youtube plot recap instead if you already played it once. if you start at heavensward you've got a month for each expack before the new one and if you get through all that content you could always replay ARR in new game+

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there are some fights where the tank will need to know what's going to happen ahead of time yes

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wheres the 60 weapons start? wouldve done those ages ago if I realized they were just tomestones. wait is that idyllshire and then azys la whatever?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should prorate all teleport costs by proximity to your nearest cheap teleport location so as to build in the potential savings from doing multiple teleports

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

there are little icons for all the status effects on your character on your ui somewhere, the positive ones and negative ones are separated out, theyre referring to when the negative status effect has a 2 on it for 2 stacks

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what was the relic step that needed max company seals? because i’m sitting on that now and should be good on ventures for a long time so i may as well

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cool i’m gonna buy those. also sitting on 10 each of the boned and shells, someday ill figure out how to put em all together

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm at rank 11 and i've never bothered stabling for xp have i wasted a bunch of time

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it takes at least to the end of hw to hit 10 anyway

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the trial has a gil cap right? so you need to have a full acct i’m pretty sure

the msq can get you to 3m if you do not buy much, which you def don’t need to if you do it all on one class since it’s trivial to stay geared up between tomestones and quest rewards. if youre rigorous about reselling high quality quest reward gear on the marketboard (also cant be done on a trial acct) then i think it would be pretty easy to get to 3m

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

fashion report plus

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3973448&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=75#post517720639

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/auuo/status/1442619946681339905

even sakaguchi cant figure out how to buy the game lol

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shields look neat they should let more classes use them

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah im not sure why they havent made all the vendors like those

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the bomber jacket is the only exclusive item i believe

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

five unique dungeons iirc

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hmm should i farm a bunch of the ARR relic fates at once. like as long as im in the zone with these weapon ill never otherwise use, kinda makes sense to try to get 3 or 4?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

Yeah but you can type during the long cutscenes. Just start typing and you can bring up chat even in loading screens.

I don’t know how that works on PS4 though, but I assume if you’re on PS4 you aren’t chatting a lot anyway.

the chat box doesnt even show during cutscenes on ps4

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

edit better suited for the other thread

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

QW6DFV5T plz!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i took like a year long break between ARR and the expansions and would pretty much recommend that unreservedly

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Whenever you have a question about why something works like it does, assume whatever nightmare code is operating behind the scenes is preventing it from working in a way that makes sense. The consequences of building A Realm Reborn on top of the complete and utter trashfire that was 1.0.

i know this is said a lot but i don't think it's actually true. one of the youtubers asked yoshiP about the technical debt from 1.0 during the media tour and he said there is no technical debt from 1.0, that was the purpose of building a whole new game

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why even level a class if it doesnt contribute to your amaro

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cant imagine anything less boring than number going up, personally

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shoc77 posted:

People are saying that endwalker is the best expansion for FF14.

Given all the hype, should I just skip the previous expansions straight into it?

I'm still just beginning Heavenward and it will probably take me half a year before I reach endwalker, which by then the hype would have faded away...

thats_bait.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm not really sure what that means tbh so i think it is something that is an issue for other mmos and not this one.