Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
CAGE VS STARKS 22 18.33%
CAGE VS HARDY 7 5.83%
PAGE VS DARBY 61 50.83%
THE MAGICAL GIRL VS THE BAD GIRL 11 9.17%
MOX VS KARL 13 10.83%
SAM VS WHEELER 6 5.00%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

neither, they both have what was coined in here by the clever people as the “wwe stink” and as we know, that’s a smell that doesn’t fade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

enigmahfc posted:

does anyone know if there are going to be any pre-sale codes for the tickets that go on sale this Friday, for the Cincy event?

it was just in the email about tonight's show

tomorrow morning, 10am EST
FLEETCIN

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

I'd like Punk for the Hangman and Kingston potential, but Danielson for working well with the most people I guess?

Tony's said in interviews back at the start though that the names he wanted for AEW were the Bucks, Kenny, Cody and Punk, so I would reckon he might be more tempted to throw money in that direction.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Didn’t Punk come out to a Bouncing Souls song at some point?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Stroker Ace posted:

I think he used Night Train for his final ROH show.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

The Stroker Ace posted:

He came out to "Night Train" for his actual farewell match in ROH, against Colt, which is where the crying Punk covered in streamers pic came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL_gyLkecSk

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

MJeff posted:

Which reminds me, Tony Khan, sign Bret Hart to manage *spins wheel* PAC.

do not play with my emotions

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

MJeff posted:

People still going "why is this Dark shmuck not ranked" in the year of our lord 2021.

Britt used Dark matches to get the numbers on her resume before she became #1 contender.

My biggest issue is Shida being #5. After being champ for a year, she should be #1 contender and get a rematch.

Obviously, the rankings are a work, but I think they should have some degree of consistency instead of making them a “see who’s getting a push” chart.

Sorry for the pages back call, but I’m catching up before tonight.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

I think he used Night Train for his final ROH show.

The Cameo posted:

He came out to "Night Train" for his actual farewell match in ROH, against Colt, which is where the crying Punk covered in streamers pic came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL_gyLkecSk

Like I said, I SHOULD like the guy.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

BDawg posted:

My biggest issue is Shida being #5. After being champ for a year, she should be #1 contender and get a rematch.

that's WWE talk

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Kunabomber posted:

that's WWE talk

Didn’t Mox get one?

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Your vote only counts if it includes the top 5 theme songs you’d give both of them
Get punk but instead of giving him any of the themes fans would want and/or recognize I think we need to get critically acclaimed, voice of a generation, metal outfit, Downstait to compose him a new theme.

C M PUNK
A E DUB
SOMETHING SOMETHING
CODY RHODES

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

BDawg posted:

Didn’t Mox get one?
Mox got a nightmarish unwillingness to be removed from the main event which loving sucked, so, let's not

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I really hope they follow up on the Andrade/Death Triangle thing tonight. I'm super curious to see where that goes.

I like the idea that Andrade is going to try to force out Pac, because that means we likely get an Andrade/Pac match. If that happens though, I'm not sure who Pac teams up with for backup.

edit: Actually I could see BBB splitting from HFO and adding The Bastard. That'd be a fun stable.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 22, 2021

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Andrade's got another interview segment tonight so I would expect follow-up

BDawg posted:

Didn’t Mox get one?

Mox got one because they wanted to do a high-stakes gimmick match to bring resolution to a dangling plot thread (Kenny/Don screwing Mox and stealing the title)

There's no reason to run Britt/Shida back unless you wanted to try to pull off a double turn or something, and they had the opportunity to do that the first time around

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m so glad people don’t understand how rankings work after 2 years of rankings.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

coconono posted:

I’m so glad people don’t understand how rankings work after 2 years of rankings.

buddy people don't understand how the AP Poll works after 95 years

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The Andrade sit-down is literally and explicitly about Death Triangle.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

buddy people don't understand how the AP Poll works after 95 years

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

I just tried to subscribe to AEW+ on Fite and it keeps giving me a 403 error :smith:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

John Dudebro posted:

cm punk vs brock lesnar was the match that convinced me pro wrestling was actually cool and something i should get into. therefore i would pay to see cm punk face aew's closest equivalent of brock lesnar, :wardlow:

I would pay so much goddamn money for a brock/punk mma fight

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Tonight’s card is Bryan Danielson vs CM Punk, with guest appearances from The Rock, Bret Hart, Blitzkrieg, Mick Foley and more. Should be a great show!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Tonight’s card is Bryan Danielson vs CM Punk, with guest appearances from The Rock, Bret Hart, Blitzkrieg, Mick Foley and more. Should be a great show!

tony schiavone said its a "one match show"

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Punk is/was as good at wrestling as Christian, twice as good on the mic and a million times more of a draw.

Give him the money Tony.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

blunt posted:

Punk is/was as good at wrestling as Christian, twice as good on the mic and a million times more of a draw.

Give him the money Tony.

As decidedly not a Christian fan... Are we sure about that first point

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

As decidedly not a Christian fan... Are we sure about that first point

I stand by it!

(They're both "fine")

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Okay yeah, I'll take that

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Dynamite Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3974108