Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Got my order in for the 64GB, it only took 4 attempts, shutting down Steam and signing back in when it thought my account was brand new.

I'm just glad learned their lesson and added an actual D Pad instead of their track / D Pad of the Switch controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Hated the track pad D-pad thing the Steam Controller had, but loved everything else. At least it led to Steam Input and being able to map controls.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hell yeah destiny 2 on the go CHECK

You could enjoy it right now with Stadia... on your phone...

Christ, please don't try that.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

tithin posted:

I'm looking forward to using mine for switch emulation. I've got one already but I don't get to use it lol

Is there any good emulation for recent consoles though, because all I've seem is really rough versions that struggle to run stuff like Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild.

I personally cannot wait to play XCOM 2 on the go, where it's not the weird Switch version.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

ColdPie posted:

First thing I installed

Nice, how long have you found the battery lasting for you, or do you only test it with a charger?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Two months is actually impressive, all things considered!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Moved from December to Q1 2022, I'll county my blessings!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
It's weird that we're a month away from the first batch and have yet to see any more news or advertisements for the Steam Deck.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

RandomBlue posted:

It's advertised on Steam, why bother with more than that when they're as back ordered as they are?

I was thinking more like updating that Steam Deck page, seeing as it has been more or less the same since the announcement.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I Have No Deck, and I Must Steam

That's a thread title if ever I saw one.

February / Q1 Release is fast approaching, hopefully we'll get enough reviews before having to put money down.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Yeah, I still don't get how I got Q1 with how broken the server was that day. Maybe Valve had an allocated amount for Ireland / EU and I got in under that.

As for payment, I wonder what the window will be like for that. Will it be, "Hey, do you still want to order this, if yes, then pay by 3rd to 5th to receive by the 28th".

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Also it could be that the 64 gig ones are Q1 and the others are Q2 onwards.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Okay, 3 day grace period to the 28th seems reasonable enough. Would have preferred earlier in the month than later.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Okay, I can live with that. A few hundred Enter the Gungeon or Brutal Orchestra runs is fine by me.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Still Q1, but still feel like it will somehow disappear from my grasp at the last minute.

Why haven't they shown off the Dock yet or given a price?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I was terrified to this I somehow hosed up my preorder, glad to see Steam just forgot to send them out!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
No wonder they are having trouble with these emails with everyone cancelling their preorders...

Can 't believe I am refreshing my email and my steam app on my cel lphone ever y c ou ple of minutes to t r y see if I my preorder has come through !

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Staggered Q1 emailing makes a lot more sense, but boy, does it sting knowing that I'll be waiting a while!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
No wonder it'll take so long to release the Q1 sets if Gaben has to fly to every country!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

pseudorandom name posted:

Yes, but on the other hand you're not putting it you your pocket with your keys and your change.

My comically large flared jeans from the 90's say otherwise! My steam deck with sit nicely between my techdecks, furbies and yugioh cards.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Kirios posted:

I've cancelled everyone's preorders here in advance due to the stick drift. You're welcome!

(shh..not everyone knows drat near every stick has some kind of drift. it's all about having a good deadzone to compensate for the fractional differences.)

It's always been a thing - the Switch's being such a widespread problem is what brought it to the forefront.

No wonder I didn't get my email or my deviery from Gaben, Delivery Boy!!!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I ordered the 64GB and have a 500GB card ready to slot it. I'm not worried about the load times.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Next round of emails is tomorrow, here's hoping Gaben delivers! But I know I'll be the end of March.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Has anyone received any emails for today yet?

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I got my email.

64GB version - Ireland, if that helps with trying to work out when yours is due.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

sigher posted:

To all of you that got emails, congratz, but I'm loving really disappointed that you didn't cancel your preorders because I'm still Q2. :argh:

I tried, but Gaben stole my lunch money.

Since I paid for mine, its now shows the option to reserve a new one for after Q3 2022, surprised it doesn't say 2023.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
So 2 days after paying for the Steam Deck, I've gotten the tracking information from Valve.

Sadly not coming up on the tracker yet, but there might be a chance of getting it later this week or early next week.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Soul Glo posted:

Ended up getting a shipping notification in email today and it linked to my Steam Account Details fwiw. This just means they've printed the label but it should probably get picked up by FedEx today and then I'll be able to see if it's two day or three day.

Probably will be three day because next Monday is the only day I'll be out of the house for the next two weeks :v:

Yeah, it was email and account link as you said. It has updated to say it is leaving the Netherlands...

gently caress

At the moment, we have two storm warnings coming in back to back, so good luck to any transport or shipping not getting delayed.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Wish this tracker was better, says the Deck has been in the Netherlands centre for a day and a half now. Must be having more fun than me at this stage.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
After 2 days of waiting, it has finally moved from the Netherlands to a parcel centre in Ireland, so I could with get it tomorrow or wait till some time next week...

YES!!!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Has anyone tried using PC Steam Back ups on their steam deck to install games quicker. I've set up a tester and hopefully it'll work out saving me time.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
At least they aren't leaving it to third party companies to make the decks like they did with steam machines, because boy those were real hit or miss.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Wow, if only there was a way to play AAA* games on your phone in the hospital...

Sounds like you would enjoy STADIA

:stadia:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
My order is in the country and arrived at the parcel centre at 6:15am...

Just get here already, Holy poo poo!

Watching it not move all morning was a pain.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Looks like my deck will be delivered today.

So that was paid on the 7th, deliver started on the 9th and according to Steam Support takes 4-8 working days.

At least I'll have it for the Saint Patrick's Break.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Just got the call to say the Deck has arrived, ow to dream about it till I finish work.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Okay, weird issue and probably something no one else has experienced, but here goes:

So I've been playing Metro : Last Light Redux on Geforce Now, streaming to a tablet or to my pc. The PC can handily run Metro, but I wanted to see how streaming to a smaller device would work out.
Now I have my Steam Deck, I wanted to see how it ran on that, only to discover that my cloud saves were not present on my Steam Deck. Thinking it was because it was installed on a Host computer for GFN, I downloaded it onto my PC to see if I could retrieve the cloud save. It immediately syncs the cloud save from GFN to my PC and I have my current saves. I then start it back up on the Deck, but the cloud saves aren't transferring over.
Does anyone have a fix for cloud saves, would appreciate it.

Also found that the Workshop items in XCOM 2 would not load, so I'll have to see if there is a workaround for that.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Metro Exodus is native, Last Light is not. But I'll give that a shot. All my other games have their cloud saves.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Veotax posted:

Welp, I was supposed to get my Deck today, but Parcelforce are useless fucks and never even attempted to deliver it despite it being marked as out for delivery. Have to hope they'll actually try on Monday.

Sounds like they got the parcel, looked at it and said "Hey, this needs to go into the queue for 24 hours before we deliver". It's crazy considering how many packages these places have to sort through a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Veotax posted:

Fantastic, I received my Deck this morning and I need to RMA it. L3 doesn't work, the system doesn't register clicking the left stick in the system software (doesn't light up when pressed in control diagnostics) or in game.

I've updated the system to the latest firmware, powered off and restarted the system, done a factory reset and then tried again without updating. Still not working.
Also Steam Support is throwing up an error when I try to submit a ticket.

Hopefully it's not going to take too long to get a replacement, once Steam lets me make a ticket.

EDIT: Managed to make a ticket in Chrome rather than the steam app

poo poo, sorry to hear that. I was able to lodge a ticket on the app when asking for them to clarify the deliver, so hopefully they will get you sorted out soon enough.