Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Nuts and Gum posted:

I spent over an hour trying to get a pre-order in yesterday right at 10am pst, by the time the pre-order went through it queued me up for Q2 '22 expected release :(

Anyway, re-watching videos and seeing the combo touch pad + gyro controls in an FPS just gives me a big computer nerd boner. Can't wait.

Yeah what up also at launch but because of servers melting got stuck in second wave buddy :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Dramicus posted:

To be fair, the switch has problems running a lot of older and indy titles smoothly. Even 2d card battlers like slay the spire can lag. Which is why I'm super interested in the steam deck, at the very least it will play all those types of games flawlessly.

That's kinda what spurred me into getting it. I've been increasingly annoyed at paying the Switch tax on top of getting a gimped experience

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I should mention that despite Steam Boxes being a failure, my prototype from Valve was my main gaming PC from 2013-2018 and literally the only upgrade I did was replacing the 500GB SSHD with my already owned 1TB SSD.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Oh hey my second ever quote is not edit screwup

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

It would be silly as hell to do that for a portable, but having all that connected to a dock for when using it at home would be cool if this is your only computer

I was just thinking, that'd be an interesting solution. I have a gaming PC but it's far too large to carry upstairs conveniently, and I haven't had good luck with Steam Link. I have a Deck on preorder, and using an eGPU would give me an almost desktop analogue plus able to run on my TV with a bit more grunt

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

repiv posted:

Again, eGPUs aren't gonna work with this thing. They require a Thunderbolt USB-C connection which the Deck doesn't support unless Valve forgot to tell anyone.

Oh oops, missed that part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Antigravitas posted:

I've noticed that the yuzu developers are quite active and they've been pretty positive about mesa's performance…

If the N-Gabe plays switch games better than the switch… :allears:

I mean, even if it plays games as well as the Switch I'll be ecstatic. I'm mostly in this thing for the retro emulator factor. But after buying the BioShock Remasters on Switch and being appalled at their performance, I'll be happy playing my Steam version of that with better performance. Throw in Switch exclusives and I'd be set