Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Just ordered my Deck because I wasn’t sure how long the wait would be in Japan.

Was about two hours. Looking forward to getting mine soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Is there any way to get GOG games into the Steam library? Just got my Deck and want to play Disco Elysium.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I installed some GoG games using the Heroic Launcher but they aren’t showing up in my regular library like regular games even though some of the guides showed that’s possible.

Does anyone have any ideas why not?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks for the help!

If you don’t hear from me again everything is okay.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I played some of Halo Reach yesterday and didn’t have any problems.

E: except not knowing anything of the story of the Haloverse, trying to make sense of it

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Got my GOG games to appear in the library with art, but less success getting them to run.

Also they won’t shut down and seem to just stay there in limbo but I can play other games.

Instead of spending a whole ‘nother night trying to fix these issues instead of playing games I might just put them in my Steam Wishlist.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
How difficult is installing Emudeck without a mouse and keyboard?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Thanks for the advice everyone!

I’ll give it a go later when my new SD card comes.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

It’s pretty nifty

You Need Steam Deck Plugins In Your Life! Easy Decky Loader Install - YouTube https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kNGJ13VSRLk

I’ve had trouble with getting all kinds of stuff working but Decky was really simple. And cool. And good.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

You can install it in under a minute and some of the benefits are legit.

Even something super simple like having the protondb compatibility badges displayed on each game’s page so you don’t have to go look it up or roll the dice on something that valve haven’t verified themselves is a game changer.

Seconding how fast and easy it is. I really like how quick it is to sync my AirPods using it.

Can you tell me more about the Proton thing? I really don’t understand what the various Protons do and when I should be using which one.

For example I just installed GE 35 today. Should I be using that for all or is it case by case?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’ve got everything running on Emulation Station but have one possibly stupid question: how do save states work?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

loudog999 posted:

There is a Decky plugin that shows what the hot keys are in most emulators installed with Emudeck.

This sounds awesome, thanks!

Now to find out how to exit back to Emulation Station instead of shutting down the whole thing.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Think I’ve spent more time trying to get Colecovision games to work than playing regular games.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Lord Lambeth posted:

Augmented steam has a quick and instant sell option. it's a browser extension through chrome and firefox

Cool. Just made a few hundred yen

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
What’s the best way to get ScummVM working on the deck?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I had ScummVM set up as I would do other emulators but it wouldn’t show up in Emulation Station or in Gaming Mode.

I added ScummVM in Steam, went back to Gaming mode and launched it and everything worked just like that.

All my ROMs are on the SD card but they’ve always just worked.

Gonna follow up this success by trying to set up New Vegas. In a couple of weeks…

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
^^Join the club!

How do you fix the missing art that appears on your home screen? My Scumm VM looks horrible.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

njsykora posted:

You can do it in Desktop mode like normal, or install the SteamGridDB plugin if you have Decky installed.

Thanks!

Edit: Man that was easy and thorough. Double thanks!

I’ll check the Decky route out.

Btw, is there a way to reorder the Decky plugins list? They should make a plugin for that if not.

hadji murad fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Feb 3, 2023

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Now I want to know about the feasibility of Unreal Tournaments on the Deck. Even bots are okay.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Why wouldn't it be feasible? poo poo, I should load up UT2K4 on Steam now that I think about it.

Jeez, just searched and it’s not showing up in the store at all.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

njsykora posted:

I got a PS5 today and set up Chiaki4deck so am now playing Gran Turismo 7 in bed.

This is cool. I got Chiaki working pretty quickly.

One Q, I put it in sleep mode on the Deck by pushing the power button, then the whole thing froze on me and I had to go into the PS5 to continue with the game and save.

How do I get around that besides not pushing that darn button. (serves me right for doing things with the kids around)

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I set up EmuDeck already and everything works great.

Except for the drat Colecovision…

Anyhow, I have installed some HD texture packs for GameCube and Wii but I’m not sure if Dolphin is incorporating them correctly.

Besides the graphical fidelity, how do you know if Dolphin is correctly using them?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Barreft posted:

Primehack is nice and easy, it comes with emudeck. Also the prime remaster rom is out if you want to play it. it runs really good on the deck

How does the remaster compare to Metroid Prime under PrimeHack?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Want a Decky plugin to rearrange my Decky plugins.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

Yeah, you basically tell the game which version specifically to run when setting it up. Per game.

I’ve seen people on videos with many versions installed but I only have a couple. Should I install all of them?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Sounds like the trouble I have with the Colecovision. It shows up in Emustation but nothing plays.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Watching the Cryobyte video.

Hope he wraps up with a full summary of what to do….

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Seems like he gets into it a bit more than that.

E: upon rewatching I see that you can just hit recommended settings. Thanks everyone.

hadji murad fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Feb 21, 2023

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Hell i spent 10 bucks on a forum and it’s not even troll free

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
How about that Steam Deck huh?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

HopperUK posted:

Would you like to talk about it?

Hell yeah. Is Arcade Paradise good on it?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Rip to a real one.

Edit: apparently he’s alive but illiterate

hadji murad fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Mar 4, 2023

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

RandolphCarter posted:

I use the Futurama boot video.

The first and only thing I’ve added so far.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
This site is an awesome device for playing Pentiment.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Pentiment, my friend.

this!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I want to play the Half-life’s. I assume pick up the Orange Box, but which version of 1. Source?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Black Mesa runs alright out of the box except for loading sequences which pause a long time.

But more importantly, what setting changes the look speed because it is way too fast using the thumbsticks?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Just get reading glasses. Worth it.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’m playing Trails in the Sky. It’s really fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Suddenly can’t sign in to my SteamDeck.

It starts up at the Sign in page. Once I add my account and password it asks me to approve it on my phone, then it just goes back to the Sign in screen.

Been 15 minutes of this and I’m ready to give up.