Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CombineThresher posted:

If we're counting the women's title tournament, Aja Kong lost by countout. Clever finish, too.

Yeah that was a great finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AngelicoAAA/status/1420430563710734345

Is Angelico hinting that the trios division is going to be under Lucha Tag rules?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

inthesto posted:

"I do not like Kenny Omega"

- Cody Rhodes, 2019

He didn't say that

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

explosivo posted:

Yeah I was talking to a friend about this yesterday, it's really nice seeing all these wrestlers having fun what they do and getting rewarded for it. I still keep waiting for the curtain to fall and actually it's horrible and everyone's miserable and hates each other but other than Ivellise who actually just sucks nobody has said anything of the sort.

That plays into Eddie's commentary work the other night as well... Part of the reason it was so great, for me at least, was how excited Eddie seemed for everyone during their matches.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:hmmyes:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Pylons posted:

Is Angelico hinting that the trios division is going to be under Lucha Tag rules?

If I remember right that basically means there's no tags, it's just "as soon as your teammate is out of the ring you can jump in" pretty much.

Also if they go by LU/AAA rules it also means a trio can include women if they want.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Endless Mike posted:

He didn't say that

He said that you son of a bitch

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
On Busted Open Tony denied the Bodyslams report that he flew to Chicago with the EVPs. He said parents were on the plane, he was at Bare Knuckle that night to see PVZ and the EVPs were at home.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I loved how the ref kept threatening to DQ Kong in that match for using the trash can on Ryo, so she handed the can to Shida and threw Ryo into it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

On Busted Open Tony denied the Bodyslams report that he flew to Chicago with the EVPs

Of course he did, we all know you're not getting Kenny and Cody on the same flight together :rolleyes:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/tony_deppen/status/1420440878649331717?s=21

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/SilverNumber1/status/1420415878550671363

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/realmmarshall1/status/1420090754454761475?s=20

smh AEW running old feuds again

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Biggest crowd since I think Revolution 2020?

https://twitter.com/WrestleTix/status/1420442693537251329

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I mildly regret no longer getting to see WWE try to counter-program a charity show

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1420399161883512846?s=20

tony no, please keep doing what you're doing, DQ/Countouts should be used like once a year

If you think about it a countout where you throw somebody out of the ring and then cuz you beat them up so bad they're tired and sore and don't wanna fight you anymore is a pretty badass way to win, maybe we should give countouts a second chance.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Hoping to see one of those “this program contains violence” warnings we’ve seen once or twice tonight

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

The first time a problem has been fixed by adding Chavo.

Edit: More importantly, who came up with Tablet Guy?

Pylons posted:

Yeah, I need the Tablet Guy lore.

Uh, his name is Shoulder Lint Guy, get it right, please.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Returning to the platform that got him over as a heel is probably a good way to recover from the godawful Cody feud that did nothing but bury him and the Factory week after week lol.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

Uh, his name is Shoulder Lint Guy, get it right, please.

Do not disrespect Tablet Guy.

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Returning to the platform that got him over as a heel is probably a good way to recover from the godawful Cody feud that did nothing but bury him and the Factory week after week lol.

All QT gives a poo poo about is getting to wrestle, putting over his best friend probably made this the best 3 months of his life.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MassRafTer posted:

Do not disrespect Tablet Guy.

All QT gives a poo poo about is getting to wrestle, putting over his best friend probably made this the best 3 months of his life.

I mean that's fair enough for QT since he's got plenty going on besides his in-ring career but it certainly didn't help his students who just got clowned on alongside him.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

yea ok posted:

im excited for aew dynamite

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Drakkel posted:

I mean that's fair enough for QT since he's got plenty going on besides his in-ring career but it certainly didn't help his students who just got clowned on alongside him.

The only one who wasn't helped was maybe Ogogo. They went from nothing to an actual program. And Ogogo got a major PPV program out of it too.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Tornado DDT on live tv followed by the nightmare jacket presentation for winning the friendlympics. I am loving here for it.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

MassRafTer posted:

The only one who wasn't helped was maybe Ogogo. They went from nothing to an actual program. And Ogogo got a major PPV program out of it too.

Great that they got to be on prime time TV but it was also a bad programme where one of them had to eat a pin from Brock. That was how Solo lost the W I believe.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Great that they got to be on prime time TV but it was also a bad programme where one of them had to eat a pin from Brock. That was how Solo lost the W I believe.

He lost the W because as a jobber he shouldn't have any.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
QT and Solow don't matter. Ogogo and Comorato are going to be fine. Ogogo would still be on TV getting pushed right now if he hadn't had to go get eye surgery.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

I wonder if that just means "tags = partner out of ring" like Dragon Gate uses, or if they'd go full 2/3 captain's fall with it.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

That's a local show as well.

When I was in high school, my friends and I loved calling into the evangelical shows and ask for prayers for other people (usually for non-existent venereal diseases).

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1420455263723655173
Hmm.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This was left on my car this afternoon.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Your car takes off the mask to reveal IT’S STING

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

MassRafTer posted:

Just a random Sting fan, nbd

e: who does this?

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

"Looks like something a bird left on the hood of my car"?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

MassRafTer posted:

"send this guy a message he'll understand loud and clear"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

what is that, a pontiac?

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I loved listening to TK on Jericho's podcast. Dude was a legit die-hard wrestling fan growing up and it shows in the product.

Yeah his love of wrasslin is probably the largest factor in what makes AEW such a fun place to be. I love that so many old vets are flocking there not to steal the spotlight but just to be a part of making it go on to the next generation. So many of these old guy have plenty to give even if they cant put on tights and go 20 minutes any more. Speaking of....

DLC Inc posted:

Tommy End talkin about how he's been brainstorming stuff with Jake the Snake. Can't think of a better guy to ask for advice from, especially if Malakai Black can deliver anything even half as good as the "wallow in the muck of avarice" promo https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1246383-malakai-black-on-aew-creative-well-figure-it-out
I. loving. Love. This.
Malakai Black has a ton of nerd energy he wants to give but Jake has enough talent and credentials that he can take this "young guy's" ideas and help refine them. Garth Marenghi Black was fun but Jake can help make this guy legit scary. Seriously, nobody can do quiet menace like the Snake. That and this will help Jake as well, since he can be a positive influence and leave a lasting impression on the world he devoted his life to. Really feel good moment and I hope poo poo like this keeps the old vets happy. Would be nice to see Jake the Snake have some peace for a chance. If only Brodie got more time...

MassRafTer posted:

That makes me want to put my hands in my pockets and gently kick the driver in the shin.

yea ok posted:

im excited for aew dynamite

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/RefAubrey/status/1420459255715536897

God, I could go for some COWBOY CHIP righ tnow

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tony Lemon Chiffon-y is a pretty good gag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug