Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

you can watch a man stab another man in the face with a fork on cable tv again. nature is healing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Doctor Baker is going to benefit from AEW's hot crowds in a way Hikaru Shida didn't have too (because she was good enough technically to carry the belt during the pandemic).

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

I liked Britt/Nyla more than most people I think, but I have a pretty high tolerance for sloppiness in matches, and I'm a HUGE fan of Britt adding more technical aspects to her moveset.

and, yeah, this is where I'm coming from.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

yea ok posted:

i wouldnt worry about it. nobody really knows

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

the best way to move on, imo, is with the tjpw show airing RIGHT NOW!!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3974148

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It cannot be stressed that Nick Gage was loving dead from a deathmatch at one point.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

graph posted:

lol that this was on tv 36 times

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The Bee posted:

Wait, holy poo poo, I might actually be free?

Soon. Hopefully.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Today is probably not the greatest day Billy Corgan has ever known...

Tony Khan bought out the rest of her contract, Billy's got a new pool to get installed.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Davros1 posted:

I hope we get Tanga and Tama in AEW along with Hikuleo, because that means we're just one step closer to getting HAKU on AEW. There's a lot of guys who need to get Tongan Death Gripped.

the motherfucking monster meng back on tnt called by tony schiavone you fuckin love to see it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

yea ok posted:

theres a lot of stuff every episode that i dont like. either due to my weird standards or just personal taste. but it’s so much more fun to post about what i like and enjoy about it so thats why i dont really worry about the bad crap

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

lol her contract probably wouldn't even pay for the ladder

I forgot it was an NWA contract.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
God and Country for Ogogo, Bullet With Butterfly Wings for Christian, some Zwan song for Shawn Spears, Bleeding the Orchid for Sammy Guevara, and Doomsday Clock for Wardlow.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MJeff posted:

NUM BER

RO SA

YEEEEEAAAAAAAH

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Yaya posted:

Dynamite hasn't done under a million since they put Wheeler Yuta on TV

steel drum boy.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

cams posted:

no it was wheeler yuta

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Bryan Alvarez doing matches in AEW is something that needs to happen eventually.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Dynamite is finally gonna beat Raw and Smackdown in the same week when we get an Orange Cassidy vs Bryan Danielson 60 minute iron man match

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lid posted:

It is a good thing that in 2021 Rodman is a face and Malone is the heel

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
So, if Best Friends were a heel act right now I'd say Bryan Danielson should debut feuding with them and the canonical last person to defeat Bryan Danielson, Chuck Taylor.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

kinetic77 posted:

Also if these signings somehow interrupt the Big Yeehaw from winning at All Out I will be disillusioned by AEW for the first time.

Why would they, they have to 1) be introduced 2) slowly build up their record in AEW 3) get associated with a younger act 4) learn to have fun again.

Whenever they debut, it's only going to be the start of the process.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

I am going to wait until at least one episode of Rampage before assessing it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

WatermelonGun posted:

if they want to send me “home happy” they should give me one of those giant turkey legs from renaissance fairs as i leave

they are not good, op.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Replacing JR with Punk would be a huge step up

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Konan literally doing cold read tactics.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

cams posted:

you guys have a weird idea of punk in your heads

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Alaois posted:

bayley hooking up with ricky starks after being engaged to his former tag team partner for years would be very funny

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

dracula vladdy AF posted:

I don't fully know who Sakisama is, but I hope she is the next joshi to come over. Imagine Excalibur explaining her whole deal to JR.

Excalibur having to reiterate that Sakisama is just Marie Antoinette to a bewildered Jim Ross would be wild.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Jim Ross has deffo called a Taichi match, I think.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
MDK

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The Grey posted:

should I know what TH2 is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu-olVgAbKg

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://i.imgur.com/aXiOIJQ.mp4

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Tweak posted:

Have MJF come out to Cult of Personality, but while he’s laughing at the crowd for being so gullible start playing miseria cantare for real

That is, in fact, how you do it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

karmicknight posted:

Konan literally doing cold read tactics.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Two years ago we'd just seen Fight for the Fallen, we had no real firm grasp of what Dynamite would be as a weekly show and some poor, misguided people were not yet sold on Kip Sabian. What a trip.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, hour two during the Friday march dropped noticeably each week.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
AEW has already received at least one talking to by TNT to "sell some loving tickets and get some loving eyeballs by promoting these types of thing"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Stay gold Tonyboy

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

a cyborg mug posted:

I’m now imagining Daniel Bryan in ChocoPro & enjoying the mental image. He would probably love it

Bryan Danielson joins the pencilarmy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

This has now led me to thinking about Bryan Danielson vs Chris Brookes and I’m hyped. Get that as a RevPro main event

How would Chris Brookes get conned into leaving Japan? (It's a DDT match) or:

DeathChicken posted:

Bryan would definitely be the one to break that big mirror at Chocopro with his head