Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Crapple! posted:

I think this might be a fakeout or something and we'll see him in AEW at some point

Well at least you got one thing right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Alaois posted:

they're having the match at their first big US show

I think this is building to Mox/Tana in AEW.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hangman should win a gauntlet eliminator from the first position at All Out imo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

This but on Dynamite in like 2 weeks

All Out.

I want that Christian Cage title match. :mad:

Yes, I know I'm the only one. I don't care. :mad:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The parts where stuff was shattering and dudes were getting dropped on shards of stuff that had shattered were fun.
Jericho doing the green mist was the best part of the match.
I looked away during the pizza cutter because I have a weird irrational fear of pizza cutters. No, I don't know why.
Besides that, it was kinda boring?

imo labor four should be against Suzuki.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shard posted:

Not seeing much thoughts about FTR and PNP. Honestly expected PNP to win.

I kinda didn't.

Makes more sense for FTR to win now and for PnP to beat FTR for the belts later. Of these two teams, FTR is the one you should be pushing first, in my opinion.

And no, I have absolutely no idea who holds the belts between the Bucks and FTR now that Dark Order isn't getting a title shot. Lucha Bros?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shard posted:

I kinda want to go back and watch the Brody Lee Tribute now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9iOUm489pU

Here, cry.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Codependent Poster posted:

Yes, this is exactly how I feel. The iron is red hot right now and it's just going to cool down the longer you wait.

On the other hand, no it won't.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Me, a Naito fan, when people say this was a bad decision that is going to cool Hangman off:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

xbilkis posted:

I don't think Hangman's in danger of cooling off if you don't pull the trigger; I just don't think there's a better championship story to get the audience invested in in time for All Out.

The lone exception I can think of would be Darby, but every other conceivable contender would feel too much like filler to justify putting a white-hot babyface on the backburner one month before the PPV

Christian Cage and Orange Cassidy can both be heated up very quickly.

Lid posted:

KENTA.

That has nothing to do with him losing and also I'm still right about that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

xbilkis posted:

OC headlined the last PPV and Christian has been embroiled in the same midcard feud for two months (and I don't think he's ever really gotten a super hot reception from the fans since his debut, although my personal opinion might be influencing my outlook there). I don't doubt that you could produce an enjoyable angle with either one of them, but I imagine it's going to feel slight no matter what after giving the audience a lengthy taste of the biggest feud you could put together right now.

Yeah, I was wondering how adding Rampage to the mix would affect the cadence of the PPV build. Instead of having five shows before all out, you've got nine, and I had the same thought about just letting Hangman take on legit opponents on every single show to crawl back up to No. 1. Basically, the babyface version of Britt farming wins on Dark/Elevation

Orange Cassidy has a legit beef left over from Double or Nothing and outright said "this isn't over." Christian Cage is basically in the same position Miro was (except y'know, less bad than Miro was) where they're deliberately slow-playing him until they're ready to push him.

I know I'm the high man on Christian Cage and not everybody else here is as high on him but OC at least, would get a massive pop just for walking out in the same segment as Kenny. That's all you need.

GlenMR posted:

Did Jericho and Tana ever have a match after the "Baka-hashi" promo in NJPW? There could be labour #4.

Man, this is your lucky day. You get to watch that match for the first time.

El Generico posted:

Am I the only one who felt heel energy in this? Maybe just because Tana is so pure.

He worked heel against Lance.

I dunno. Moxley kinda has done everything there is to do as a face for now. I hope he's not turning though, I just love cheering for him too much. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Does anybody have a link to the promo where Joey brings up Big Biceps Tony?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really think Hangman wins at Grand Slam because Tony wants to do Christian Cage vs. Omega first.

btw theres rumors that a certain next big thing has signed with somebody that ain't New York.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

boxcarhobo posted:

its gonna be triller fight or some poo poo, brock aint comin

Wrong, he's labor number 5, Jericho must kiss him to win.

But also absolutely lmao at the idea of Brock murdering a Paul.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Btw, Hangman's Tale is already up on Spotify, apparently it's been around since March.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

A Fancy Hat posted:

My opinion of Cody swings wildly depending on how much his rear end is being kicked.

Brodie murdering him? drat Cody rules.

Cody beats Ogogo while dressed as a flag? I dunno, maybe Cody's just dumb.

Cody gets kicked in the face? This dude gets it, he's the greatest mind in wrestling.

There may be something to this. I was getting tired of Cody's championship run, then Eddie Kingston showed up and power bombed him onto thumb tacks and I was like I LOVE CODY

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They literally went up against the NBA Finals last week, I'm not worried.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
According to Fightful Select, AEW and Shaq tried to bring in Kurt Angle and Impact tried to bring him in for a one shot. He was flattered and specifically said he has a soft spot for Impact but considers himself not physically able to perform anymore so he never seriously considered either offer.

Too bad. Would still like to see Kurt as a manager in AEW.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shard posted:

Can I just say - Kenny is looking in amazing shape. Like he looked like a beast last night.

Apparently he got some stem cell treatment that's helped him a lot. He looks like he's moving a lot better out there nowadays.

Anyway,

NUM-BER

RO-SA

RRRRAAAAAAAAAUGH

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

Someone went even deeper and discovered who the true head of the table is.

Yeah yeah yeah that's great but take a look at this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shard posted:

I swear, a buncha folks got the ol' internet brain when it comes to AEW. When do we get a senator clutching their pearls over violent wrestling ruining our children - millenials. While also appearing on a Walking Dead podcast probably.

Metal Gear Sold 2 was right: It's all junk data from top to bottom

I never played MGS2 but I've seen that speech in it and it is loving blazingly on point.

And then Death Stranding was like "lmao a future where America has collapsed, we're all isolated and completely reliant on deliverymen, yeah, nice one buddy, real likely."

I wish Kojima would miss. Just once. Or that he would predict something nicer.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If it were up to AEW, I sincerely believe this would've been a complete surprise, but TNT's like "c'maaaaaaaaaaahn" with the surprises after Sting, so they're basically telling you without telling you so that there's that teeeny little bit of plausible deniability that lets you act like it's a surprise when that guitar rift hits.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I gotta be honest, I was having a hard time paying attention to it even before the injury because of its spot on the card. Following that 10-man tag and directly following the Tanahashi promo....not a great spot.

Same thing with the First Dance announcement and the Hikuleo/Archer match. Just couldn't even pretend to actually be watching that match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Crapple! posted:

I thought Frankie Kazarian would interfere to assist the Dark Order. This seemed like the perfect time for him to do something meaningful

The Elite wasn't using their numbers advantage and didn't cheat until the very end when Omega started pulling out belts. Kazarian only comes out as an equalizer.

graph posted:

not to veer but it's a lot more than a handful compadre

Not to veer and shanky.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hangman winning at Arthur Ashe has always made more sense. I spent a long time trying to figure out the alchemy of that with him winning this 10 man tag, instead of realizing it just made more sense for him to lose the tag.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

I think he's making a mistake. Not a fatal one, but the Naito comparison does feel apt

Naito's arc ended with them literally selling out the Tokyo Dome.

Gaz-L posted:

I dunno about doing two AEW title changes in a row on free tv.

55 million a year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

History Comes Inside! posted:

And getting his moment ruined by KENTA

I’m ok with this because we get more KENTA

Dark Order isnt gonna show up to save Hangman until 5 meekly wanders out when the beatdown is already over and I'm going to turn into the Joker.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Scoopsgal I'm already real mad because I know he's not winning. :mad:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also I don't really feel the Naito comparison is apt at all. Hangman is winning the belt at, absolute latest, Full Gear, four months from now. Naito's journey start to finish took like seven years.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Procrastinator posted:

this only matters if he would not have done tremendous business if he had won the belt on the previous attempt. which i think is very very hard to prove.

Or you could just compare WK12's tickets to WK14's.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Having Hangman beat Kenny after Daniel Bryan is unable to beat him makes it even more impactful and checks off the high stakes dream match along the way

And Full Gear is literally named after Hangman

If Hangman isnt winning at Arthur Ashe, Bryan should show up and immediately start beating the poo poo out of Hangman and screaming at him that he's not ready. Basically trying to beat Hangman either until he dies or is ready to beat Kenny.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Me when someone says they're not buying All Out:
https://youtu.be/lE5bAlfs4eg

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Drakkel posted:

Is there any sign whatsoever that Christian is the one getting the title shot or are people just doomposting because they just assume AEW is gonna do the worst possible option?

Tony Khan didn't sign his favorite wrestler in a heavily hyped debut and then immediately have him stare down Omega for them to not do the match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

smarxist posted:

JB had his shot, if we're looking at rankings/build possibilities, it's gotta be Christian or OC, and you could argue OC already had his shot too sooooooo

OC said "this isnt over." after DoN and the way that match went down he does have a valid claim to another shot.

OC/Kenny is also a good main event for All Out. Personally I would prefer OC on TV (I was thinking First Dance but clearly that card doesnt need more juice) and Christian at All Out but either way is fine.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also btw Punk/Darby isn't main eventing over the title. That's not happening, not in a million years, if anything it should OPEN the show.

Now, MJF/Jericho for Jericho's career?

Thaaaaaaat might main event over the title.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JT Smiley posted:

Some of y'all get way too upset over a couple of people having different opinions on wrestling than you do.

I agree, it's really unbecoming and to be clear the upset people are the ones that disagree with me.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shinjobi posted:

I will also make poo poo up wholesale on what people are annoyed about

You got worked by a wrestling storyline, do you want a freakin medal?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You could argue, relatively successfully, that AEW should never do a title change on anything except free TV ever again.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I've never watched an episode of AEW in my life

Yeah well we'll see about that when Suzuki is announced as the next labor of Jericho. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

STAC Goat posted:

People who care deeply about something have big reactions to it. I personally like the decision and think there's lots of great room for stuff with Page here that still keeps him on track to beat Kenny. But I also came at it as someone who felt like his story wasn't complete. For people who did feel his story was complete they're upset and worried that things might have gotten delayed. That's understandable and reasonable. So let people voice their thoughts and vent their concerns. I don't get why this place is s resistant to that and prefers to just insult people and act above it all.

Agreed and just to be clear the ones being resistant, insulting and above it all are the ones that disagree with me.