Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

JR specifically said that Hangman/Kenny was far from over, so I don’t think Hangman is necessarily getting cooled back off. It’s not like Kenny isn’t behaving in increasingly erratic ways and wouldn’t do something like challenge Page anyway even if the latter followed the stip and walked away from his current #1 ranking.

Obviously don’t know what the plan is, but I don’t see Hangman going all the way to the back of the line immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lamuella posted:

2) FTR vs P&P. This is such incredible Big Fight Feel. poo poo, Santana is over as gently caress. Match is a little slow to start, but they slowly bring the heat. This is a good match, but the ending just felt weird. Not quite what I was hoping for.

For what it’s worth, Cash cut his arm pretty seriously so they had to skip straight to the finish, which I assume wasn’t planned to be Ortiz is pinned by a brain buster while Santana watches calmly from the floor.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pamela Springstein posted:

I hope the muscle Britt is bringing in is Jordynne Grace

She just reupped with Impact, not that that excludes her from appearing. Of people who are already available/associated with AEW, KiLynn King could work as Britt’s burly protector. I don’t know that there’s anyone from the recent WWE that make immediate sense in that context, but comedy option Iiconics out there with Rebel would probably too good and undermine Britt’s whole deal.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

smarxist posted:

I'd love a heel kilynn as Britt's heavy! they just announced a little trios thing with swole and red Velvet but they can back burner that for awhile

That felt more like a Stevie Night Heat-esque performers deciding to try something out on the C-show that wasn’t necessarily sanctioned by the office.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

your friend wicka posted:

Maybe I'm misremembering how they've booked previous title matches but it seems a little early for Hangman to earn his title shot, no? There's a lot of big shows between now and All Out, they'd just be treading water for over a month.

Also the commentary in that match repeatedly stressed that Hangman's emotions were getting the best of him and undermining his teammates, seems like addressing that is the obvious next step.

The longest runway to a PPV title shot was Cody-Jericho which was announced before the first TV about 8 weeks out. Shortest was probably the triple threat at like two weeks out.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I'm going to see AEW live for the first time next week, how do the tapings for Dark and Elevation work with that? Just show up early and stay late or are they filmed another day? Thanks

They’ve been taping before and after Dynamite, yes.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

lol look at the kicker from the guy who wrote that article:

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1420892318639534088?s=21

Also, had never heard of Front Office Sports dot Com before this afternoon.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

DeathChicken posted:

It's especially weird since they've never been shy about rolling out the MARK HENRY IS ALL ELITE as soon as it happens

There’s a gulf of difference between Mark Henry working in the office and CM Punk joining the roster.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Wasn’t the deal with TR and WWE more that they were looking for women refs and a friend passed her name on rather than them actively trying to recruit her specifically as a ref?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Gumball Gumption posted:

Y'all think next Wednesday will have story beats continuing what we saw this week?

Pretty sure we’re due for a Chaos Project main event, so they’ll probably just keep up with Snakeman and Pointman and their backstage hijinks.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Crapple! posted:

This would honestly be pretty rad. I can't recall ever seeing a 2/3 falls tag match.

FTR had 2/3 falls matches against both American Alpha and DIY in NXT and both were very good.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

One of The Revival's most lauded matches is a 2/3 falls with DIY.

As someone who loves tag team wrestling, I cannot stress enough how much I love the finish to this one especially,

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Rarity posted:

I never said that

And your complicity in the coverup or Danny Limelight’s deeds is damning.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Penguin Patrol posted:

hey what's going on with Ruby Soho? joker in the women's battle royale we think?

That’s be my bet if I were the kind of dummy who bets on pro wrestling.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Mel’s contract is pretty clearly being allowed to quietly run out, she has a day job and changed her social handles back from MelAEW to MelCruise a while ago.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

TV Zombie posted:

Are the wingmen signed?

Avalon is. It sounds like Nemeth has a tier below whatever gets you on the roster page, which I assume Drake and Bononi have as well, in order of likelihood.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Plans change

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

I've seen some speculation that his wife is due around that time.

That’s been my assumption and Hangman seems more likely to actually take the paternity leave Cody and Mox didn’t.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Hellblazer187 posted:

Aren't you supposed to wait at least three months for a pregnancy announcement?

3 months is when the chances of miscarriage drop significantly, yes.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Eat My Fuc posted:

Yea it’s just the miscarriage speculation is weird to me but only a suggestion if it’s not weird to others carry on.

the real miscarriage is that of justice by those drat dirty elite week in and week out

It’s not speculation, it’s just the conventional wisdom around when to announce a pregnancy widely.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Speaking of guys I want to see wrestle Bryan Danielson.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Somehow Juvy doesn't pose quite the same threat as the convicted bank robber who came back from death

Looking forward to his match, I'm just saying

I am really dreading them teasing a time limit draw when Jericho can’t convert on a top rope move.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Given July just ended, I bet that contract expired at he end of July.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I’ve probably said it before, but I really want Fuego to get a TNT title shot before Miro drops it.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

coconono posted:

Cody's gonna take a kick to the throat on purpose so he can have a cool wrestler voice

Call up his friend Glenn and see if he has any of those voicebox speakers laying around still.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Malakai Black and Thunder Rosa getting added to the shop are going to give Dark Order and Best Friends a run for the top selling items of the week, but Hangman/Dark Order merch is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

NXT non-competes are 30 days.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MorningMoon posted:

what in the gently caress

okay, the Trios Title/Tournament is loving upon us for sure.

-Death Triangle back and getting matches everywhere to remind folks they belong on the top
-Andrade might be coming in with a stable being built
-Wheeler Yuta is absolutely there to eat a Trios pin because, dammit, they've been wanting to feud Death Triangle and Best Friends for over a year and people keep getting injured, so here's a fifth friend.
-HFO basically has two+ trios configurations (TH2+ROBO and PP+Blade, or Matt)

And now the absolute violence of Mox, Eddie and Darby being debuted against the freshest jobbers yet.

Butcher gotta be returning soon too. HFO needs to add another solo goon.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Scarf posted:

Andrade is gonna win over Fenix and Penta, leaving the door open for the greatest trio ever...

The Butcher
The Blade
The Bastard

Hear me out, what if Andrade outbids Matt Hardy for Butcher and the Blade?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Huntman posted:

I've convinced myself it's Lance Storm and if it isn't, I'll be bummed out bc I'm hyping myself up for it like a major dork. I'm sure it'll still be dope regardless.

I was very in to Lance back in the day, and would happily accept this but Gage->Juvi->Lance feels like a real weird de-escalation. I have no other suggestions besides someone from the Inner Circle, but all the labors so far seem far more physical than psychological.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Lethrom posted:

Gage at 2 was a great move because the sheer "oh I guess there are no rules anymore and literally anyone or anything can show up" has been keeping me interested. That's gonna have limited returns because that only works for like two weeks but whatever.

Yeah, this is 100% correct. Spears made you think it was just going to be a Pinnacle gauntlet, and Gage completely blew that up. Juvi is interesting, but by putting him after the Gage ordeal, it’s less of a slam dunk even though we know it’s a slam dunk. I could’ve seen Storm in Juvi’s spot, but I don’t see them doing back to back history challenges.

Either way, I was not looking forward to five prominent Jericho singles matches at first, but now I’m in to see what’s next. Still fast forwarding through Judas though.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Vandar posted:

Tony was backstage and he heard the rap so uh, the time for him to be mad was a week ago.

On the one hand, Tony’s able to recite the match history of any prominent wrestler from the last thirty years, so I find it hard to believe he doesn’t have a passive familiarity with what we’re major news stories from the last 20 years. On the other hand, he’s also devoted significant brain space to wrestler match histories, so maybe not.

Anyway, Max should have to annotate the references in his raps, and have some intern in Jaguars legal sign off on them before he gets to do them in front of people if the dude can’t recognize the line between heat and genuinely crossing a line at 32 years old.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Alaois posted:

his voice in the Road To promo was noticeably deeper than his voice in the promo that was on Dynamite so i must regretfully diagnose Tommy End with Youtuber Voice

Tommy End starts opening all promos with “Hey, guys…l

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

projecthalaxy posted:

lol at the sudden appearance of everrise

Mox, Eddie, and Darby is a fun team though

Poor Daniel Garcia never had any hope of matching their energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1423065497709563912?s=21

Seamlessly transitioning the Men of the Year into a feud with Varsity Blonds, while they presumably park The Acclaimed for a while.

Max also isn’t on tomorrow night’s Beyond show anymore.