Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN?
This poll is closed.
PAINMAKER VS MDK 63 41.45%
ELIMINATION TAG 82 53.95%
ARCHER VS HIKULEO 2 1.32%
FTR VS PNP 5 3.29%
Total: 152 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Hangman losing, Stu bonking his head, Cash trying to use his radius as a weapon all sucked. I'm just about tired of the Elite and not in a worked way.

MDK ALL DAY and booing Cody were objectively good things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

LionYeti posted:

My one worry about the nick gage match is that sponsors are gonna get pissy about the violence.

TNT should run Cluck U ads.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Evil Badman posted:

and once stuff settles down

lol

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

StarkRavingMad posted:

Oh my god, the return of Tana trying to show his cheeks in every match

somewhere in the back a cameraman pulls out a dusty camera with a piece of masking tape that says "BUTT CAM"

"but sir, Thunder Rosa isn't on tonight"

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

MassRafTer posted:

Main event kicked rear end, can't imagine people being down on it. I feel bad for them.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I liked the Gage/Jericho match because it was way more interesting than 99% of Jericho matches, and I'm happy for Gage getting to do his thing on network TV. Plus the pizza cutter PIP with the Dominos ad was hilarious.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

That crowd was HOT for Dark Order. After the loss, it didn't really seem like "oh next week, we'll figure out a way to claw back from this" it just kind of happened and the show moved on. If they go into Christian vs Kenny now I think that would be a disappointment for some people.

edit: VVV I missed that because my kid wouldn't stop asking where Boom Boom was

luchadornado fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jul 29, 2021

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I don't mind being worked because it means I'm invested I guess. Here I am 4 hours later bummed out that Hangman lost, and if that's how Tony wants me to feel to make his coronation even better, he succeeded. Don't hurt me, Tony.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

shiksa posted:

ive got a first date with a gorgeous girl who is apparently really big into wrestling on friday and i think i might ask them if they want to go to united center to go see cm punk for our second lol

edit: i'm not going to jinx this happy scenario with a joke, good luck!

luchadornado fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jul 29, 2021

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

If stupid boring Christian gets the match with Kenny at All Out probe me for a month so I can laugh/cry at how lovely the Unprettier looks without posting my month-long disappointment

:toxx:

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Rarity posted:

The easiest way to divert Hangman is to run Hangman vs Matt Jackson at All Out. There's no way fans would cool on him if he finally put that piece of poo poo in his place

This would be incredibly great. Is Hangman going to beat some sense into the young bucks, as the Elite slowly crumbles?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

quote:

Page is the way, but all eyes are on Christian Cage
He is the light and the way that they'll only read about
I only pray Tony knows when to lift you out
Eight hundred days in the fire is long enough
You're going home

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Cavauro posted:

love the dead mother song being transformed into hangman's dirge

i thought it was fitting given the last X pages of this thread

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

What a bitch-rear end company.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

That's a good take on why you would slow down Page's coronation, a few posts back.

I still think it's all a big work - use the loss to gauge how hot the crowd is, and set up what looks like a match between Kenny/Christian. Instead of skulking and drinking, DO gives a pep talk, and Page goes on a tear. Two weeks before All Out have Page challenge Christian. One week before, have Page win and get the match against Kenny.

Yes, I am fantasy booking because Page is awesome and AEW has me emotionally invested.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Saying you're not going to watch the PPV or that Hangman is dead are bad hyperbole, but it's actually awesome to that people are disappointed and fantasy booking this poo poo because it means that people are invested in a good story and good characters.

Also, I'm cool with AEW taking more cheap shots at WWE now because it's obviously getting under Vince's skin.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Guillermus posted:

AEW needs to sign Sami Callihan so you all can enjoy his work.

callihan vs hangman page in a "losers leave town" match

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

DeathChicken posted:

I'm not gonna sit here and Always Bad Bray when the only company he's wrestled for of note could gently caress up the greatest wrestler alive

That's a fair assessment, and hopefully Trent? will be back soon enough.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

KungFu Grip posted:

People worried about bray wyatt not being good enough in the ring for aew like we haven't been subjected to multiple Luke Gallows matches the last couple of months

Luke is super low on the list of wrestlers I give a poo poo about, but he's been acceptable in his role lately.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

keith lee and windham rotunda as a tag team, but get this: they're the roly polys from a bug's life

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Cavauro posted:

cm punk is going to debut against sting and do a buckle bomb then drop onto his rear end in the center of the ring and start yelling about breaking the fourth wall and say "hi seth rollins how ya doin'?" and "i'm not getting colt cabana fired but it's in my contract that he's going to be booked a lot less and his contract won't be renewed" and then cm punk will pick me and divorce his wife and be my boyfriend

still better than Christan/Kenny at All Out

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don’t think it will be Christian at All Out, but I can’t imagine him not getting a heel reaction and Kenny getting a face reaction if so. I’m going to watch either way for Darby and whatever Britt does. I imagine we will finally get some match announcements Wed.

I still think we're being worked re: Hangman, and even though I :toxx:'d it and have been joking about it, Christian/Kenny would not be the drizzling shits. It's at least conceivable they could pull off a 5-star match.

But it would mean I'd go from cheering against Kenny to cheering for Kenny, which is not the direction Tony seems to want to go there, so I have no idea?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I meant we're being worked that Hangman won't be at All Out, when this week we could find out that there's still a chance but he has to overcome some great odds.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Big Bobby Bandit

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

flatluigi posted:

do other places talk as frequently as SA does about mel or did they just all assume aew was letting her contract ride out over the pandemic and move on

The Board is really similar to SA except for tolerated chud posting by 1/20th of the members and worse gimmick accounts, right down to still talking poo poo about Rovert. Someone go check if they're on the Kidd Bandit train yet.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

MassRafTer posted:

Love the bad faith poster trying to claim it's the lead in days after it was reported the lead in was low. And when you could already see the quarters and how the match built. Such lazy trolling.

Trolling implies it's done deliberately to elicit a reaction - these people are just dumb and have dumb opinions.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

reignofevil posted:

So like, dark is not live. They've known in AEW that max was gonna say that for six days.

I honestly didn't get the duke lacrosse joke until someone called it out here. The Simone Biles one is merely tasteless until you know all the context - which I doubt the majority of people do.

So I can see how it slipped by, but he obviously needs someone watching him at this point.

Vindication for those of us that found his interactions with MJF to be a little much, I suppose.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Dango Bango posted:

It was all over the US news last week and it brought out a ton of lovely opinions about mental health and attacks on Simone herself.

I think most people's understanding is that the Olympics are stressful and she noped out. Having lovely opinions on mental health and attacking people personally are still relatively acceptable in society, unfortunately.

I was implying it's even worse than that if the sexual assault poo poo is related to her mental health.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

The only solution is MDK vs Platinum Max

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Youve never had a situation where a boss told you something was OK but you knew it really wasn't?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Yeah, what Sammy said is seriously hosed up.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Sammy also issued a relatively sincere apology and it was an isolated case if I recall?

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

If this were WWE, Vince would have Max go over Hangman just to rub salt in the wound.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

shiksa posted:

rape joke? thought it might be some other reference to duke's world famous lacrosse team.

I legit wondered "who the gently caress is Duke LaCross - some SoundCloud rapper or something?" because while I remember that famous case, it never crossed my mind that anyone would be dumb enough to make a rape joke, in front of an audience, in 2021, for a 15 year old event.

But I guess Max is dumb enough.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

MotU posted:

lmao though that like everyone is paying attention to AEW like at this very moment due to Punk/Bryan/Adam Cole talk and then lol "rape / mental illness / vagina / covid's fake" rap like if I were tony i'd be pissed at max and the editing team real fierce

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I'm American and I still didn't make the Nassar/Biles connection. I thought it was just par for the course "being lovely about mental health" and she was just stressed about having the Olympic spotlight on her.

You might say Max's raps have layers of context - getting shittier the deeper you go.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

If you disagree with Max and think that vaginas are actually cool, hello@allelitewrestling.com is just an email away

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I keep reading Everrise as Ivelisse and getting thoroughly confused.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Shard posted:

This thread DESPARATELY needs a new Dynamite. Thank science it's wednesday

Praise Dagon.

I can't read embedded tweets for some reason - is Hangman out of the top 5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Cool, everything is coming together for my fantasy booking of Bray Wyatt coming in but he's billed as Adam Page, and the announcers ignore it other than mentioning that he's traded alcohol for cookies