Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Platystemon posted:

Commander has bitten like two dozen SS agents, and none of them have developed hydrophobia.

The stats are rigged!

Joe Biden has been president for less than five years, the jury's still out on that

Those guys could already be dead and just not know it yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

speng31b posted:

i dont think this is a real truck

The truck is real but I think the trailer has been photoshopped a little, you can tell by some of the pixels

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

mawarannahr posted:

is this real?

Thank you for not posting the rear view with my license plate

Precambrian Video Games posted:

speng is correct, the trailer is real but the truck is obviously fake.

I stand corrected

v hosed up if true v

Professor Beetus has issued a correction as of 21:26 on Dec 30, 2023

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Twerk from Home posted:

Wait, Seattle only had 14 pedestrians die? What the hell, how is it so safe there?

Nashville is a smaller city with a hell of a lot fewer pedestrians and we had 49 pedestrians killed in 2022: https://wpln.org/post/nashville-set-another-pedestrian-fatality-record-in-2022/.

No loving clue because every time I visit I feel like I'm putting my life in my own hands by doing risky stuff like "walking on the sidewalk" and "crossing at a marked crosswalk."

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

my bony fealty posted:

my last thought before a centenarian great grandma with dementia turns me into a red paste in the crosswalk with her F150

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I have to assess car values with KBB all the time for work and it's kinda sad seeing people with like 25k debt on a 5 y/o vehicle that's now worth 10000

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Yeah turns out being elderly doesn't magically turn people into kind grandmas and Grandpa's, hosed up. Hope this old rear end in a top hat rots in jail till dead

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

my bony fealty posted:

saw a single car crash yesterday on the road that connects my neighborhood to the rest of the world. it's a narrow road, no shoulder, 35 mph limit, no passing, and is 0.75 miles long in total. lots of hills so visibility is poor. I have been passed on this road by pickups going 60 before.

in this case it was a BMW that careened into a telephone phone and smashed off the left half of the front of the car. dude was definitely going way too fast. there was a tow truck and not an ambulance so he was fine. what a loving dumbass hope his insurance skyrockets.

This is always my hope when I see truly psychotic behavior and it's nice to get confirmation that there's a non-zero chance

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
5 y/o ford trucks have estimated fmv of like 4 figures lmao

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Had to drop my partner off at work this morning, and I was nearly hit at an uncontrolled intersection by a driver who was staring down at their phone and never even bothered to slow down. It was pouring rain and I had to slam on my brakes. This loving country and the absolute morons who live in it

e: this was also a block away from a middle school lol

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Anyone who says "duurrrrrr it's dangerous when the speed limit's too slow" is just saying that they're a huge loving rear end in a top hat who drives like a maniac

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

my bony fealty posted:

love when there's someone pushing a stroller across the crosswalk and cars don't stop or slow down at all. infact they speed up to try and obliterate that baby.

They're trying to spare that baby from dying slowly in the coming water wars

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mister Speaker posted:

^ I saw a post that referred to the Apple Vision/Cybertruck dweeb as "the final boss of incels," lmao.

Wasn't sure whether to post this one in here or the America Bad thread, maybe it'll go in both:

https://twitter.com/esjesjesj/status/1753949576728342978

Nothing anyone can say about this guy is as hosed up as that picture

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I will say the nice thing about the gig bullshit is that if I ever feel tempted to get fast food, that temptation usually goes away pretty quickly when I see like 20 god drat cars in the drive thru

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Citing people for speeding and driving unsafely and violating parking laws is pretty much the best use case if we have to have cops and it's the only thing they should be allowed to do. A couple months back, we drove out to visit a friend who lives in the middle of nowhere. It was night, pitch dark because middle of nowhere, road conditions were terrible, rain wind and fog, and we were on a twisty 2 lane road with a 40 mph speed limit. I was going the speed limit and some rear end in a top hat rode on my rear end for a couple miles before roaring past in his big stupid loving truck in the oncoming lane. I sincerely hope that stupid piece of poo poo flies off the road someday and wraps that truck around a tree, but he'll probably just end up pasting a kid or two and getting off with no prosecution because it was just a "tragic accident"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Microplastics posted:

Speaking of GTA, back when I played GTA V i used to like driving around to my missions sensibly and it absolutely wound me the gently caress up when one of the AI cars suddenly changed lanes without signalling and bumped into mine

GTA V is one of the more realistic driving games for how often the cops flip out and cause major accidents

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

BonHair posted:

Lmao. But also that should probably be an unlockable mode or something

for real, I wonder if there's mods out there that increase traffic density. I'm one of those weirdos that likes to chill out and drive while following traffic laws playing GTA so this sounds right up my alley.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
What I love about that is that cops will aggro realistically, so if someone tries to go around you and hits a cop car, the police will ram them off the road and open fire. Even if you're not causing it, you'll still see plenty of chaos in the game, and tbh it's far funnier that way.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It's 2024 you can put whatever you want in your butt

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Ham Equity posted:

https://www.thenewstribune.com/opinion/article286060291.html#storylink=cpy

On the one hand, you'd think this has to be a troll. On the other hand, that is apparently a real place. And that does appear to be the name of the owner.

It's just so loving on the nose.

On top of all that it's a terrible and dangerous spot for street parking due to area traffic patterns and the congestion there.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Mauser posted:

the seemingly universal reaction to people being in the wrong while driving is for them to get personally offended that they did something wrong

Life in these United States

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Oh yeah did I post this when it happened a couple months ago? I keep getting reminded of it (like by your post) and kind of laugh every time

“The road has been closed for sometime, but they removed the barrier and road closed signs and drove directly into the hole,” said Tillamook County Sheriff’s Deputy Ben Berger. “This has been an ongoing problem, with people removing the barriers and driving on the closed portion of the road. Obviously it is extremely dangerous.”

Seems like if we put one of these in every town and city, the car problem will solve itself

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Celexi posted:

subaru has several audiences depending on sku, in the pnw for some reason the more popular brand used by lgbtq is vw.

like the forester is 100% guaranteed to be a tailgating rear end in a top hat also probably lifted, the wrx/impreza will be decked out in rgb and vaping.

The noble outback on the other is still proudly driven by flannel wearing lesbians and people bound and determined to drive no faster than the speed limit (me)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

FirstnameLastname posted:

never seen red light cameras help any intersection or stretch of road ive been on. speed cameras do stuff light cameras just make people money
they're usually contracted out to private companies who start loving with the light timers to shorten yellows and make people try to run poo poo more
people also start to jam on their brakes when they have plenty of time and people right behind them or are in snow/rain and slide out into the intersection

Feels like people could solve these problems by simply coming to a stop rather than try to unsafely speed through an intersection to "beat the yellow"

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

silicone thrills posted:

some content from an hour ago:

I saw some road rage poo poo happening at kaiser northgate this morning: some guy was driving behind some old lady while she walked through the parking lot yelling at her that she should get off the road and she was all "get over it" and he yelled at her a few times before he drove off. just some weird poo poo for 9 30am

if he hadnt have driven off pretty quick i was gonna call the cops on him. poo poo aint loving normal

Imagine being so loving deranged because maybe she cut him off or something that you'll follow someone into a hospital parking lot to scream at them.

lmao I was reading this going "what the gently caress I saw this exact same post somewhere else" and then I realized we're in the same local discord channel

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I don't need a Tesla to take big loads

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Inshallah

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
whatever it takes to get them off the road

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
cars: one weird trick to getting away with murder (if you're white)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I spend the bare minimum I can on my car for regular maintenance and try to spend as little time driving as possible, aftermarket enhancements are serious car brain poo poo