Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have the best car. the best one

you don't have a better car than me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i went on pimp my ride and lil wayne was like

'dude this car already too pimped. really cool car, i like your car. you have a really cool car'

so he didn't pimp my ride, we just hosed instead

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll drive your butt

I'll give you a rimjob

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the best car is a 1989 geo metro. it has a 3 cylinder engine, and is roughly the size of a small dog. does it go fast? no

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can it go faster than a guinea pig or is that its top speed

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why do we need cars when we have ninjas

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
car culture is the loving worst. i want to be able to bike around in my city but it's loving impossible, i'd get smashed so instead i have to pay to operate this dumb loving machine.

number 1: they're loud
number 2, you get no exercise, just sit in a position that's bad for you
number 3] they're too expensive
number 4) they're ugly (you're ugly too)
number 5. they smell bad
number 6| they're expensive and everyone judges you if you don't spend enough on them
number 7\ i hate them
number 9} they make you antisocial
number 10- i hate them

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

has anyone ever invented a kind of caltrop that can affect car tires but not bike tires
that would probably be pretty easy, just make it push the spike up when enough weight is added. could be an issue with fat people but what are the odds they're on a bicycle

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

If you hate something because other people judge you, take that as an opportunity to self-improve. It's important for your enjoyment to exist outside of other people after all other people don't give a gently caress about you, be sure to return the favor especially in leisure activity.
i'm feeling very judged

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow. if i ever have to be anywhere near shamokin please jam a frag in my mouth and blow my loving head clean off then tie my feet to the bumper of a semi tractor and drag my body in the opposite direction

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norton posted:

why don't cars have some sort of limiter that prevents them from going over 80mph or whatever? like yeah you can still speed on most roads and accelerate like a jerk, but the crazy people going 100+ past me on the highway should not even be possible. our solution for this is having cops set up sneaky traps all over the roads, presumably to maximize the number dangerous traffic stops I guess.

there is no horse power or speed limit on any car??? the only thing stopping people from driving around at 260 mph with bugatti veyrons is the money, it's insane.
this defeats the only good purpose of cars which is sending rich people into poles at 200 loving miles per hour, disintegrating them in a raging conflagration

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zegermans posted:

Same size bed
the really stupid thing about this was it was done to satisfy CAFE fuel standard regulations, ostensibly to help save the environment. basically small trucks are still pretty dang heavy compared to cars due to the utilitarian nature of their construction, but the fuel economy regulations go by square feet of vehicle footprint. that means big fuckoff trucks get to have lower mpgs than itty bitty trucks, and it's easier and cheaper to just make a big fuckoff truck with low mpgs and pass the cost on to the consumer and americans don't give a gently caress because they're dumber than dogshit

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vomik posted:

yeah for sure - obviously part of it is technology / regulations and a designed smaller truck today would get much better mpg
That's the thing that's infuriating. We have all this new technology that could go into making more fuel efficient trucks but instead it goes into making bigger heavier trucks with the same fuel efficiency as the earlier smaller ones.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zegermans posted:

Both my dad and father-in-law need to have a truck for actual work things, and both of them have to go on wait lists and/or multiple dealerships to find a single truck that isn't a crew cab.

Also gently caress cars, this is my favorite place to go in Austria when I'm visiting family and something like that can't exist in the US

my dad is similar in that he is a contractor and needs to regularly move lumber and poo poo but just wants a dang fuckin single cab that gets 26+mpg like his old 2000 s10

he's regularly all flustered like "these used to be farm vehicles now they have all this fancy electric mumbo jumbo poo poo and heated seats and lighted windshield wipers in them"

Dolphin has issued a correction as of 16:44 on Oct 5, 2021

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Until the mid 2000s trucks were the cheapest vehicles you could buy. Now, accounting for features, they are the most expensive.

I'd hate to be a contractor right now because trucks cost way too much and vans are all pumped up too due to van lifer types.

Such a stupid trend my god
2000 Cavalier 2dr Coupe MSRP: $13,160
2000 S10 4x2 Regular Cab MSRP: $12,655

2021 Chevy Spark MSRP: $13,600
2021 Chevy Colorado MSRP: $25,000

lol

lmao

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

it's true, anybody who thinks this isn't true hates the free market and invisible hand
the free market gives terrible handjobs

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lKq1fGtXFM

do we love this or do we want to throw it and it's rider off a cliff

im happy with either thread conclusion but i don't want to be on the wrong side

Dolphin has issued a correction as of 19:25 on Oct 6, 2021

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fitzy Fitz posted:

this could revolutionize transportation than electric cars ever could. americans would never go for it though.
yeah the problem in us cities with bicycles as a primary mode of transport is the winter and the rain. throw some fairings and an extra wheel or two on an e-bike and they're viable every day of the year

it would never happen though and they'd be more dangerous on roads with cars than regular bicycles

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

actionjackson posted:

how do you even move there if you are in the US, do you need to have some special skill where an employer would hire you over someone German?
teach English

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ride your bike on the sidewalk. risk of getting pancaked on the road is too high and Americans don't walk anywhere anyway

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in michigan they're constantly trying to figure out how to fix the roads which is hilarious because the obvious solution is don't bother.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

indigi posted:

how long does it last and how long does it take to charge. pretend ur a salesman and don’t tell me to just google it.
like 45 miles and 6 hours to charge

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
commercial trucks are also loving garbage

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Russian troll farm posted:

Don't mind me, just zoomin along on my fossil fuel powered personal transportation device. It's fine though because its not a car
don't mind me just buying into exxon mobiles carbon footprint personal responsibility propaganda

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Russian troll farm posted:

i said quite clearly that they should be illegal, car-boy
what was that whooshing noise

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll go out and burn 20 barrels of crude oil in my back yard right now i don't give a gently caress. it makes no difference. we hate cars as a system not some stupid hippy "I'm gonna save the climate by walking" bullshit

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tried to buy an ebike, accidentally bought an eboy

not gonna return though

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i tried to skip one time but someone called me a word i didn't like... i think it was "human being"

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
running is not fun it's a derangement. i did it for years until i stopped because it isn't fun. if you think it's fun you have a microchip on you

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hill sprints are actually kind of fun because you get to sprint up a hill and be bulimic at the same time

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if my grandmother had wheels should would have been an ebike

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why do I need a ebike i already have a eboy

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

God Hole posted:

*my date meets me outside the restaurant, their flushed face beaming at me as their toned muscles glisten under the moonlight*

"ugh repulsive!!"
when you ride a bicycle is the seat visible

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
too many words

gently caress CARS

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they're redoing the road outside my house and i wish they'd just tear it up and put in a nice walk instead. i can't have my windows open ever because it's so loving loud so in the summer i have to run the expensive loving air conditioning or listen to motherfuckers blast by at 300 loving miles per hour rolling coal in their stupid rear end jacked up shitboxes

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

Oh, so that's why the Tampa suburbs look the way they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORzNZUeUHAM
This is an excellent video.

Man, imagine if we didn't have so much space between things. Like what if instead of the supermarket there were smaller markets and more of them so you could like, walk 4 minutes to get to them.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Remember the movie Cars. About a society built entirely for the needs of cars.

It was a documentary.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
speeding tickets are a funny idea

we designed this road fast enough that you can drive a car 250 loving miles per hour but we don't want you to do that so we put up signs

since we didn't appropriately engineer this road to limit speeds, we put up signs to rely on the human brain to keep speeds down. we also installed multiple dudes with guns as a secondary measure.

Dolphin has issued a correction as of 20:17 on Oct 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
think I'll just let my friendly adorable dog out so she can play outside for a bit..

oh no she got crushed to death by a 2 ton metal box.