Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

should require a CDL to drive anything larger than a minivan, driving tests should be much harder as well. also big roads should have train tracks plopped right in the middle of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

In its time it was the largest streetcar network in the world and we just paved over it for loving buses

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

At least the Blue Line will finally be getting some love with the new 7000 series cars which should speed things up a little bit from O'Hare. Still beats the poo poo out of sitting on 90 by a longshot.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

my dog and i got buzzed by some jackass SUV for having the audacity to use a crosswalk, pedestrians should have the martyrdom perk enabled

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

should require a CDL at the minimum to drive one of those trucks, we'll see how many people really need them for "work"

i see scrappers make it by perfectly fine in the oldest piece of poo poo pickup they can keep running and they actually provide a useful service unlike tahoe cabin owners

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

couldn't happen in my city because we privatized parking meters and need to pay them off whenever we remove parking spots! :psypop:

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

https://twitter.com/abc7chicago/status/1459219504043593736?s=21 this is an act of war!

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

Polo-Rican posted:

it's absolutely pathetic that for millions of americans, this is 35 minutes of their morning, every single day, forever (and they wouldn't have it any other way)

https://twitter.com/emveezee/status/1462936147512807431

Almost every Starbucks around here has to have traffic horses in one of their entrances now because the traffic spillover from their drive thrus basically shuts down a lane at every meal rush (even evenings). And you can't really park close in the lot because there's a chance you get boxed in by the loving drive thru line.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

If I don't hit the button at my busy street I get like 10 seconds to cross. Gotta make sure to hit it after I cross just to make sure all the drivers get an extra 20 seconds of mild inconvenience (carbrain suffering).

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Just parking and ordering inside is so much faster than waiting in a crowded drive thru.
The Starbucks around here don't even have the cafes open anymore, just the drive thru lane. They also closed many of the locations that don't have drive thrus. Dunkin' better, anyway.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

Blockade posted:

my neighborhood

Make a QR sticker that links to goatse and a shortened URL sticker that also leads to goatse.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

lil poopendorfer posted:

you have the lake shore paths immediately adjacent too it , why tf would any non-car go on the drive? There are two paths, one for pedestrians and one for cyclists. I don't even think pedestrians or cyclists are allowed on LSD tbh

of all the issues with Chicago, it's a decent city regarding not driving

It's better than most, but post-lockdown the drivers here are loving lunatics. The amount of me-me-me aggressive tailgating, red light blowing, complete abivalence towards anything in the street that isn't another car is off the charts.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

https://twitter.com/GovPritzker/status/1603086130039103490

i loving hate cars!!!

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

Lol there are people in the replies blaming the building for not being strong enough, a level beyond carbrain

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

just need to build everything out of bollards, simple as

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

Drivers and flyers owned by snowflakes, I couldn't ask for a better Christmas present. Trains, meanwhile, are doing metal poo poo like lighting their switches and tracks on fire.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

https://twitter.com/urbenist/status/1618324574185353216

the car overlay breaks carbrains lmao

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

the other day i left a dog poop bag filled with snow on a car blocking a crosswalk, haven't seen the car since lmao

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

The sharrows by me are just turn lanes with bikes painted on them whenever there's a bit of traffic. Not to mention the impatient drivers that get sick of the traffic and zoom into it like a bat out of hell as a passing lane.

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

https://twitter.com/malikfnlol/status/1624517819827372032

oh my god, i'd take my chances against the self driving over this lunatic

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

Hubbert posted:

Don't worry, folks - suburbia will become a self-correcting problem over the 21st century. :)

Just get the hell out while you can.

they will sooner bring the end of the world then change their suburban lifestyles in any meaningful way

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

i love walking during rush hour and i can beat all the stupid cars on foot

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

https://twitter.com/elijahsquid/status/1655568327777955841

This carbrain's hitting the rev-limiter

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

Blockade posted:

I live in Chicago right now.

The L is fine, but has very limited coverage compared to NYC or large non-US cities, everyone I know gets around on the buses mostly

It always kills me to remember that a lot of the bus lines used to be streetcars, and in many cases the rails were paved right over in the 50s. Totally flat grid layout perfect for trains, bikes, walking turned into personal drag strips

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

Stereotype posted:

I took the bus there from Reno which was nice, so while I did fly across the ocean, I didn't get a car and drive in

People get uniquely bent out of shape about burning man when every sports game in the nation looks like this:

Not my stadium. Could be denser tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

Idk I left a dog poo poo bag (filled with snow, not poop) on a BMW that blocked the crosswalk and they never did it again. Get creative