Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Deacon of the First Orthodox Church of Trevor Lawrence reporting in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

EvilBeard posted:

If they don't cut him first cutdown, the players on that team know that it isn't a meritocracy.
He is extremely on the outside looking in, he's the only 3rd/4th stringer on the team who took *0* special teams snaps on Saturday

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Athanatos posted:

You think he said no or isn't good enough to play special teams in the preseason?
No idea.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

This is the sound of a million “Urban is a joke of a coach who will hand a roster spot to his favorite boy” hot takes suddenly going awkwardly silent

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

EvilBeard posted:

I still feel like if Tebow hadn't been so bad that twitter mocked his lovely blocking that Urban would've kept him around.
The very most impact that might have had is that it could have accelerated his being cut, but I doubt he would have made it past the 75 player cutdown regardless

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Urban Meyer health issues incoming
In all seriousness I'm pretty sure he'll last at least a year because he knows how bad it'd impact his reputation if he gave up before his first NFL season was over

After that, who knows

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

Greetings.

Also, the Jags seriously couldn't get more than 6th/maybe 5th for Minshew? What the gently caress.
His preseason game performance was dogshit

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Intruder posted:

Before going down the tubs Sanchez could never have been had for a 6th
Sanchez also had things like "arm strength" and "size" that made him an enticing prospect

Minshew's highest upside as a QB is Chad Pennington

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Intruder posted:

He's fine for a backup. Maybe since he has such a strong meme-based fanbase they wanted him gone so if Lawrence struggles there wouldn't be some call for him to start
It's really more that he isn't a fit for what they want to do on offense/isn't a great match to back up Lawrence. This team wants to do lots of downfield passing, which Minshew doesn't excel at. Beathard has a stronger arm.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

The Jaguars are a slam-dunk top 10 run defense and also probably a slam-dunk bottom 5 pass defense

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

They've totally overhauled their defensive front and gave up like 2 yards a carry in the preseason Honestly, good for him, people have said you can't say the quiet part out loud but maybe it shouldn't be quiet in the first place

Covid outbreaks in 2021 will cost teams games because of the agreement the NFLPA agreed to, and it's an ongoing health crisis. gently caress tact.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Me when I force myself to, for the 26th year, continue to support this awful franchise that makes the quality of my life objectively worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTJxvKD4uog

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

No loving way Urban Meyer finishes out the year as head coach.
The team has looked better from one week to the next for the first 3 weeks, but then again Blake Bortles looks better in each of his first 3 years and that didn’t matter either.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Intruder posted:

The Jags have been to three AFCCGs
Yes, every time we manage to get to the playoffs we somehow get to the AFCCG and lose in a heartbreaking fashion

Also we only do that every 10 years. 2027 is gonna be lit though

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Will Jaguars head coach Urban Meyer be on the sideline tomorrow, after being caught on video finger blasting a babe at a bar?
We already lost on Thursday op

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

EvilBeard posted:

From what I've heard, they've basically just thrown Lawrence into the deep end. he's adjusting protections, reading coverages, etc. He has a lot on his plate and he's doing well for a rookie, because he's being asked to do more. His numbers may not be superb, but he's getting valuable reps and he'll be better for it. He might be the sole reason for hope.
I'm pretty sure Urban came in expecting him to play like an immediate top 10 QB and planned over the offseason accordingly

Which, well, here we are.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Shad Khan is low key kind of a terrible owner.
It’s rapidly becoming less and less low key

He’s fine on the business side, joint-funding a bunch of improvements in/around the stadium, but he has absolutely no ability to make good football judgments and gives people way too much trust/leeway. Hell, he kept Gus Bradley through 4 straight losing seasons for no apparent reason.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

Like, who does he have running AEW, because it feels like night and day between those two properties right now. Make Cody Rhodes head coach already.
His son Tony Khan essentially has full control over AEW. But he also essentially has full control of Fulham and he is the Jaguars’ head of analytics, so not a great track record in terms of non-scripted sporting events

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

So you're saying there's a chance...

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Trevor Lawrence is a living god

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Metapod posted:

He has not played well in his first 6 games
Classic box score scouting, he's been getting better and better and the team around him is letting him down

Him in his first 3 games and him in his last 3 look like entirely different players

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 17, 2021

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Metapod posted:

He was not good last week lol
He had a 70% completion percentage and averaged 8.3 YPA, and it was his still his worst performance of the last 3 weeks, but easily better than any of the first 3

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Metapod posted:

also jones shenault and chark (who is hurt i know) are good players and robinson is a pretty nice hb. Line is obviously not that great and the scheme isn't the best but the players has to pass to are good
Shenault hasn't been able to get separation to save his life so far this year

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

EvilBeard posted:

I mean, he was a 4th round pick. It's not like they drafted a guy in the first round and then had to cut him.
Yeah, that’s a Titans thing

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

As both a Jaguars and Alabama fan I want Derrick Henry to stop playing for the Titans as fast as possible but also to live a happy, healthy life afterwards

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I’m… free.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Kirios posted:

Jags / wrestling fans (all two of you) - if you had to choose between AEW being great and Jags being terrible (current timeline) or AEW not existing and the Jaguars being a consistent 10+ win team - which would you take?

What I'm saying is - Tony Khan needs to take over the Jaguars.
I love the heck out of AEW but I’ve been a Jags fan since 1995, so the latter without hesitation.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Just abolish the Jaguars

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Kirios posted:

gently caress yeah the rest of the AFC South is behind you Tits fans.
gently caress that, Titans can eat a dick and I hope they go one and out like last year

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

If the Jaguars decide to roll out next year with a braintrust of Bill "Goatse Chin" O'Brien and Trent "Never seen an ACL injury he doesn't like" Baalke, I officially loving give up. This team doesn't want to make me happy so I'm not gonna let myself feel miserable because of them any more, at least in 2022.

Gonna have to contemplate what team I do support instead though (no AFC South Teams nor the Pittsburgh Steelers may apply)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Metapod posted:

Lol you won't root for a different team
Possibly, but the Jaguars aren't getting my emotional investment in 2022 either way if that happens

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Kirios posted:

imagine not sweeping the jaguars - truly the saddest team in the afc south
Haven't swept us for 7 years now in fact

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Kirios posted:

Okay I'm convinced - Colts are officially the laughing stock of the AFC South.
Worst QB situation in the AFC South and not even a first round pick

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

Hopefully some team will get desperate enough to trade for Wentz next year
Why in gods name would you, he's got a 20M salary for 3 more years

They're just gonna cut him after 2022, they get out of dead cap by then

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Intruder posted:

are you assuming watson comes back or did a davis mills illusion getcha
I'd take a cheap-rear end Davis Mills over the 20M contract of Carson Wentz without hesitation

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/1010XLAG/status/1480284493923725318

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

TSBX posted:

Please, not BoB.
Good news is that BoB doesn't seem as nearly a done deal as people were thinking

But I'm gonna be on edge right up until the announcement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

This is now the Hard Knocks liveposting thread