Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I am very happy to not have to worry about AFCN champion Browns, or losing the division at the hands of helmet sparring dummy Mason Rudolph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Man, the narrative 12 weeks ago was that the Ravens couldn’t close games out. Now they’re using the 4th quarter to take teams out behind the shed and put two in the back of their heads.

I need to find the stats on how long the Ravens have led this season, because it has to be an unseemly number.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Oberstwo posted:

don't post stuff like that or next thing you know dlink is gonna walk out of a tiny door in a tree and tell us he always knew the steelers would sweep the Ravens

He can enjoy that while TJ Watt watches the playoffs from home again

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

I think tyler huntley could legit beat the rudolph steelers

He would have beat the much better Bengos last year if he could have hung on to the ball

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

D-LINK posted:

Ravens ain't poo poo

I think you’ll find they’re the AFC North Champs, actually

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Cavauro posted:

pit(tsburgh lol)

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

You have to forgive D-LINK, it’s hard knowing that TJ Watt’s career is going to be wasted like his brother’s; it’s only natural to lash out

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

god drat i loving love the afc north

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

sharknado slashfic posted:

If we could just get the Titans back it would be the perfect conference

Just disband the Jets and Panthers and we can go back to 5-team conferences

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I can maybe see the Chargers but LMAO at going from Lamar to Bryce.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Oberstwo posted:

Mark go the gently caress away youre gonna disrupt the goddamn flow

Honestly it terrifies me that he’s going to come back, they’ll try to force feed him, and everything just falls apart.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I’m going to be annoyed if Monken winds up one-and-done in Baltimore

I’m going to be even more annoyed when he then winds up flaming out like Daboll apparently has and no one ends up happy

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

It's wild that y'all are unhappy with having a top 5 TE that regularly gets open-as-gently caress-somehow and also is a YAC machine.

It’s definitely deranged-fan.txt, I’ll cop to that. Years of Greg Roman being seemingly unable to make adjustments will do that to a fan base, I think.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I’m glad everyone can stop pretending that the Browns winning would be a good outcome now. Not even Joe Cool can redeem that miserable excuse for a franchise.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

John Harbaugh has lost 4/5 playoff games. That's almost five in a row. Lost at New England. Lost to the Chargers. Lost to Tennessee. Beat Tennessee then lost to Buffalo for loss 4. Lost to Cincinnati. Not to mention that blown game in 2016 or whatever against the Bengals late season.

My dislike for Harbaugh isn't even about that and I didn't even think of this until just now. So how come Harbaugh doesn't get flak for playoff losses but these other guys do? He's made of teflon because he doesn't do anything so you can't blame him for anything. His coordinators take all the blame.

It is true, however, that we do not get blown out very often under Harbaugh.

How many of those games did he have his starting QB for though

Hell he almost beat the Bengos with Huntley, it’s not his fault that Snoop went full galaxy brain at the worst possible time.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

It was also a dumb playcall when Dobbins was running like crazy you give the ball to him not the backup QB. That was the only game he didn't have his starter for.

And again Tomlin had a broken down Roethlisberger after full seasons of punishment and also some middling and bad QBs in current times but he gets blamed. Harbaugh doesn't. In Marvin Lewis's first playoff game they were rolling until Carson Palmer's injury but he still gets blamed. Harbaugh doesn't no matter what happens.

-Lost to the Chargers in the season where the offense wasn’t tailored to Lamar’s skill set
-Lost to the Titans because of classic AFCN bullshit
-Beat the Titans only to have Lamar concussed in the 3Q against the Bills
-Then Lamar was out for the end of the last two seasons

Meanwhile in that same timespan the Steelers lost to a Browns team that had half of its starters out due to COVID, and let Blake Bortles style all over them. It doesn’t take a brain genius to see why one fanbase might be optimistic and the other a little cranky.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

An offense that was built for Flacco in September isn’t going to be tailored for Lamar in November no matter what sort of wishcasting you do. They were able to make something work and got some good results out of it, but that’s not the same as what you got in the 2019 season.

Anyway if the Ravens don’t make it to the AFCCG you’ll probably see Harbaugh’s seat start to get a little warm so maybe you’ll get what you want regardless.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Glad the AFCN contenders separated themselves from the pretenders

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

At some point the Ravens being good in the regular season and loving up in the playoffs should probably be addressed by the team

They improved their OC and DC, and made the championship game

There’s only so much they can do when the Chiefs’ front had Lamar in a blender

I guess TFF favorite move would be draft OL in the first?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

We’ll do what we always do and go for an aging wideout, hoping to catch the Boldin lightning in a bottle again, and you’ll all like it

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Nuk is probably available

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

mightygerm posted:

Macdonald is getting poached and we’re going lose several defensive players in FA. It will be a shadow of its former self.

Not that it matters if we just choke and panic in the playoffs again. Need to solve that and I don’t know what the source of that is. It’s not just Lamar, it’s the penalties, play calling, fumbles, the team just lacks discipline.

I think Macdonald is safe for next year, actually

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I’m constantly flummoxed by people assuming that Harbaugh not poo poo-talking his coordinators or players is an indication that he doesn’t care, actually. I’d much rather him be taciturn and handle it i private than go full Dennis Allen.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Crockett Gilmore

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Someone needs to get Lamar some benzos for the playoffs

He’s just tired from having to run through a loving gauntlet every year to make the playoffs

Lamar take my energy

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

Pittsburgh has indoor plumbing though

Citation needed

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

graph posted:

ever heard of the Pittsburgh Toilet op