Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Dubious posted:

no mods no masters

posting is a gently caress

Born to poo poo, forced to post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Why is someone posting football junk in the bird thread

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

mowa deez nuts

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

chamois posted:

daker mayfielb

Toker Blofeld

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/jimtraffickant/status/1366825092701904898?s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I guess this is true but how much difference is there in a 4th-7th round pick than an UDFA generally? Does it vary via position? That's the kind of thing I might be interested in learning more about. It's true that the 2000 Ravens had great depth that could always be rotating and that helped them. But I always just considered that more luck than planned.

Depth can also come from having extra money to allocate to solid but cheap vets. The Texans for years only paid like 5 dudes and the rest of their team was awful. Coincidentally enough, this year they went the opposite route for obvious reasons and they have one of the best rosters when it comes to like players number 21-53. Obviously those top 20 matter A LOT but it's interesting to think about.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

N:
https://twitter.com/Jake_Trotter/status/1441440959493857293?s=19

V:
:sickos:

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Gatts posted:

Good timing cause Landry is out like 3 weeks on IR right?

Yup

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Someone who is good at math, is this good?

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1442220803857154050?s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

The Shittsburgh Stoolers

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/PFF_Andrew/status/1442211683582185478?s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I think Bakers shoulder/shoulder brace is bothering him. He was accurate the first couple games until the injury. And when he's struggled in the past, it was usually not reading where the open guy is, not whiffing on the open guy. I hope I'm right and he steadies out as he heals. There was also a comment after the game about that route where it was confirmed that he expected OBJ to stop in the gap, not continue to go. Idk. I'm not worried yet.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Gatts posted:

Baker needs work done on him to fix his accuracy. If he starts panicking and moving around when he doesn’t need to or his passes. I wouldnt pay him a big contract at this point, he’s too inconsistent.

Problem is I’m not sure who else is or could be available.

Good news is that if he continues up and down he can't demand a market setting deal.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

chamois posted:

to me, if you prefer any bird other than the 3 foot tall rainbow colored one that can speak english you've outsmarted yourself

did a macaw write this

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Funny, since he probably can't smell

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

That image is truly terrifying. Big "bought a ghostwriter and artist off Fiver" energy.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

One Int
Two Int
Read Int
Blew-It Int

Edit: there's a better joke here. Someone else help me pls.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

They died doing what they love, spreading COVID and vaccine misinformation and loving Trump

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Myles has sunk so low as to hit players' hands with his own helmet, while still wearing it. Despicable.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I like the Ohio Browns

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Gatts posted:

This division has a bird, a cat, and a dog but what is a steel? Does it just lie there when the other three go on adventures? Does it just show up on the battlefield as if it is participating?

Steelers? Oh no they got this whole thing wrong. It's supposed to be Stealers.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Do Shittsburgh Stoolers

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

The Bengals are gonna win

Yeah they're gonna win...win the "lowest score award!"

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

sweet thursday posted:

All I'm seeing is The Peoples Team over .500

Donovan The People's Jones

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

I think this is the worst football game I've ever watched.

Worst I've ever seen was primetime AFCN vs Dolphins, but it was that Steelers MNF game. The infamous stuck punt.

https://youtu.be/x7DTNEa2E7w

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

A Watt-ful Pitt tied Detroit. The same Detroit that the Ravens needed a record FG to beat, and the same Detroit that the Browns squeaked by today. Christ this is a weird season all around.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

If the Steelers go 8-8-1, Tomlin can still hold onto that "never had a losing record" tidbit.

I hope they have a worse record than that.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Eric Steinbach

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Shamarko Thomas

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Shawn Lauvao

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Definitely one of my training camp mvps, I legit thought he'd be good

As a Browns fan, I agree

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Weather for Saturday is supposed to be freezing rain. Which is probably in the Browns favor.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

gently caress Joe Woods.

Controversial opinion: Joe Woods is fine. Our defense is the reason we've been in the last few games. Ravens started to come back against our D, but that's mainly because our offense couldn't do poo poo. Plus, our D scored 7 points in that. And with the Raiders, we had 2 turnovers and held them to 16 points. (And it would've been 13, if we converted a single first down.) That should be good enough. We're 12th overall in scoring defense. Our offense is really the problem. If we had this defense last year, we'd have hosted a playoff game.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

If the Browns can't win the division, I'm rooting for the other Ohio team. I just hope Derrick Henry gets back soon.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I was more joking that the Titans are the other Ohio team, but I 100% agree with everything you said. Bengals will always be better than Ball Pitt. This year feels like a wasted chance, but we're still a .500 team after 14 weeks. I feel like this is just what happens now that we're no longer a true tire fire who wins like 4 games a year. I'm hopeful for the last two games, and hopeful for next year.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

If the Bengals lose I'm going to call them the bungles again :twisted:

Not. Cool. Words can hurt.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I do agree that he feels like a Ravens player.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

No way. He's a QB who was consistently good and found his WRs. Ravens haven't had one of those since 1996.

Michael Jackson still held the Ravens' single-season receiving yards record till Mark Andrews just broke it in the last game.

At least Lamar took the title from Ben of the AFCN QB with the most "oh come ON just hit him! THIS IS BULLSHIT" plays per game.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1485012683418222598?t=78dRrlwWW7EeDLiV2R7Hbw&s=19

Posting in 3 threads. Gotta share the news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

It's kind of funny that the Bengals ended up being what the media was hyping the Browns as for 3 years

How so? They're built completely differently. Or is it just the Orange Ohio team part?