Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Thoguh posted:

The hospital part might be the worst. They are straight up just not giving a gently caress about spreading COVID to patients so anyone that is remotely high risk or even who just wants to avoid COVID in general has to decide if a given procedure or screening is worth the risk. They do this poo poo and then have the audacity to complain about people deferring care or not getting stuff taken care of. It's because of their own policies!
Yeah, especially in places like cancer wards, where people were reporting low levels of masking among the staff. Folks getting chemo are among the most vulnerable people in the entire population!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Zugzwang posted:

Yeah, especially in places like cancer wards, where people were reporting low levels of masking among the staff. Folks getting chemo are among the most vulnerable people in the entire population!

they should just stay home if they are worried!

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I just checked my heart rate while reading this thread and it was 57bpm, an amazing feat all things considered

covid stay the gently caress away

Brag about it why dontcha! (That's great though keep it up)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

I just checked my heart rate while reading this thread and it was 57bpm, an amazing feat all things considered

covid stay the gently caress away

hey same, my resting heart rate was 58bpm and primarily why covid scares the poo poo out of me in that even a "mild" case can permanently gently caress up my otherwise very good health.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Chamale posted:

New York Times when the official U.S. covid death toll reached 100,000:

New York Times when the official U.S. covid death toll reached 1,000,000:

May 24, 2020 and March 24, 2022

edit: sorry, march =/= may

Rauros fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 24, 2022

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!

Louisgod posted:

hey same, my resting heart rate was 58bpm and primarily why covid scares the poo poo out of me in that even a "mild" case can permanently gently caress up my otherwise very good health.

I took some benedryl not long ago for allergies and it kicked my heart rate up to around 105 and scared the poo poo out of me, I couldn't imagine being that way all the time. I got a lot of bike riding to do this year

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

54 resting and I sleep at 41 :hehe:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Inspector Hound posted:

You're either going to live to 110, or you're about to die

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Chamale posted:

You're either going to live to 110, or you're about to die

What if he's already 109?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sex Arse of Calais posted:

Around 100-110bpm without the meds and up to 136(that I've recorded anyway) after taking them. Seems bad! It's like I do all that yoga and meditating for nothin'. It used to be lower, though I had the luxury of not needing to pay attention to it.

I hope so! Thanks for sharing, I'm glad to know you experienced some improvement with your symptoms and here's to them not returning. Maybe I just need to give it time. Probably a good idea to keep my doc posted at any rate.

Wow! Yeah that's too high lol. Sorry you have to deal w this, hopefully w time you can return to normal levels. I meditate daily for mental health but I've found heart rate variability training to have the biggest effect on my heart rate & blood pressure. It's really simple: you breath in a sustained, controlled, relaxed manner about 5x/minute. It's researched and supported by evidence too. Here's a video you can try if you have 11 minutes to spare .. Let me know if you would like to know more :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2imt1UCMY

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Inspector Hound posted:

uhhhhh

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Inspector Hound posted:

If you add your resting and sleep rate I'm STILL crushing you. My heart muscle is so big probably

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Thoguh posted:

The hospital part might be the worst. They are straight up just not giving a gently caress about spreading COVID to patients so anyone that is remotely high risk or even who just wants to avoid COVID in general has to decide if a given procedure or screening is worth the risk. They do this poo poo and then have the audacity to complain about people deferring care or not getting stuff taken care of. It's because of their own policies!

The patients don't care. Nobody outside of this thread cares. Covid, if it ever existed at all, is completely over.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!

Kylaer posted:

The patients don't care. Nobody outside of this thread cares. Covid, if it ever existed at all, is completely over.

lol yeah, any long term disability is just going to be normalized away just like being unable to walk a mile without injuring yourself has been normalized over my lifetime.

tachycardia is the new normal and early onset diabetes is just the human condition. people back in ancient rome lived to an average age of 41 so we're still doing better!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

that symbol he's making with his hand looks very similar to that ok white power thing, or am I confused

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Wow! Yeah that's too high lol. Sorry you have to deal w this, hopefully w time you can return to normal levels. I meditate daily for mental health but I've found heart rate variability training to have the biggest effect on my heart rate & blood pressure. It's really simple: you breath in a sustained, controlled, relaxed manner about 5x/minute. It's researched and supported by evidence too. Here's a video you can try if you have 11 minutes to spare .. Let me know if you would like to know more :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2imt1UCMY

Thank you! :hfive: I'll give this a try. Mindfulness meditation has been a fantastic tool for me, so I'm definitely open to new techniques.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

actionjackson posted:

that symbol he's making with his hand looks very similar to that ok white power thing, or am I confused

it's a number 3 indicating the number of points he made for putting the basketball in the hoop from a long distance

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

lol yeah, any long term disability is just going to be normalized away just like being unable to walk a mile without injuring yourself has been normalized over my lifetime.

tachycardia is the new normal and early onset diabetes is just the human condition. people back in ancient rome lived to an average age of 41 so we're still doing better!
Ultrarunning saw a tremendous boom after the book Born to Run came out. I wonder how race enrollment will look going forward, lol

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

nexous posted:

they should just stay home if they are worried!
It should be a surgeon’s personal choice whether to mask or not while they are breathing at a body cavity they just created

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Plank Walker posted:

it's a number 3 indicating the number of points he made for putting the basketball in the hoop from a long distance

why didn't he just extend his pointer, middle, and index finger like a normal person, instead choosing to use something that has been coopted by white supremacists

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
59 rhr over here with congenital heart disease, blood thinners and a mechanical valve wassup

(covid is going to gently caress me up when I finally get it)

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

actionjackson posted:

why didn't he just extend his pointer, middle, and index finger like a normal person, instead choosing to use something that has been coopted by white supremacists

lmao shut up nerd

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

actionjackson posted:

because "normal people" don't know about poo poo like this and wouldn't care if you told them lol

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

actionjackson posted:

Sometimes they pull up "antennas" from their "head" because they are aliens. You gotta know what to look for though

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

actionjackson posted:

idk but literally all basketball players do some variation on that and some even go so far as to make the index-thumb circle into rudimentary eyeglasses

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Not content to measure their mass death in terms of 9/11's, the Americans began counting fatalities in fractions of the Holocaust...

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Sometimes they pull up "antennas" from their "head" because they are aliens. You gotta know what to look for though

lebron James illuminati CONFIRMED

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

actionjackson posted:

why didn't he just extend his middle finger like a normal person

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Real horror isn't recognizing how bad things are, and how much worse they are likely to become in the near future.

Real horror is realizing that compared to historical norms, conditions even in these pessimistic expectations are still so, so much better than how the overwhelming majority of premodern humankind lived (and died).

What was accepted as perfectly normal in the past is worse than almost anyone today can really comprehend.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

actionjackson posted:

i doubt it was going through the mind of player, but i can't say the same for the editor who chose that image

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

U-DO Burger posted:

i doubt it was going through the mind of player, but i can't say the same for the editor who chose that image

You & actionjackson have internet poisoning

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Kylaer posted:

Real horror isn't recognizing how bad things are, and how much worse they are likely to become in the near future.

Real horror is realizing that compared to historical norms, conditions even in these pessimistic expectations are still so, so much better than how the overwhelming majority of premodern humankind lived (and died).

What was accepted as perfectly normal in the past is worse than almost anyone today can really comprehend.

That's why we're going to end up back there.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Arivia posted:

i'm really excited for everyone else to get long covid or die of covid because that means the entire world will be accommodating to covid mush brains like mine and i won't have to feel so slow or bad any more

Mr President?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

You & actionjackson have internet poisoning

well yeah we post in this thread

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Strep Vote posted:

That's why we're going to end up back there.

infant mortality & labor associated mortality need to go way up before we get there. People back then still got old, but the averages were dragged down by dead babies, mom's, and kids

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

in this example, this person is displaying two white power symbols, but you may find if you do enough research that these cancel out, allowing him to show his stance against white power, while also indicating he made a 6-pointer

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Kylaer posted:

The Great Mortality by John Kelly is a really good read that details extensively just how much it sucked to be alive during the black death.

It's weirdly comforting to know people reacted in similar ways then as they are now. Not that it improves the present situation, but I like working with something I can sort of understand.

What I don't understand is the thought of "things were worse once so it's pointless to make them better than they are now" (not implying that's your take here Kylaer, just a sentiment I hear and see often)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Kylaer posted:

Nah. Back then, they didn't know any better.

The real horror is that we *do* know better and we are actively making things worse for us all