Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Last night I was dancing with someone on day 2 of a destination super spreader no drama wedding and she said to me "doesnt it feel good to be back to NORMAL?!"

Lol they didnt have hand sanitizer anywhere, no one wore a mask or even mentioned covid, and the bathrooms didnt have soap!

I looked really good though so that's a plus

euphronius posted:

first trunp thread was like 14000 pages

They closed the old covid thread to hide something, probably my good posting and everyone elses bad posting

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Tzen posted:

lol rip Wyoming

Wyo dont care most of that is empty anyway :laugh:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Tzen posted:

lol wait yall gettin paid to post????

This is one thing that really pisses me off about something awful, the hiding of systems to new users.

ATTN if you arent getting paid to post or havent set up your auto deposit post system just message any mod, they'll link your SA acc to a Visa cash card. Easiest money ever

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

McCracAttack posted:

Man, I wish I was a CHUD. Sounds way less stressful. You hear about a problem, you think to yourself, "Fake news.", and then you're back to not caring about anyone or anything else. I'm jealous.

Or a lib and you pretend everything is normal and fine..

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

inferis posted:

my partner works as a nurse on a covid floor at the hospital and i harassed him into wearing an n95 but he said he’s literally the only person doing that on the floor

He probably isnt wearing it :smith:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

we are going camping on Orcas in late September and it's going to own bones

You should go to doe bay and get naked in the hot tubs with a respirator on. Super relaxing

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Looks like covid won eh? gg

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

skewetoo posted:

I see at least 3 meltdowns a week on the street outside my place lol

Quit lookin at car windows

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fineeeeee

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

I have decided that COVID is over and suck and gently caress summer is BACK

Summers already over ya clown

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Its cold out summers over I dont need fuckin Google to tell me that. Sept "summer" lmao that shits outdated you're using boomer weather models

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

SirPablo posted:

My ten year old daughter's plan to get rid of covid.

1. Get rid of Facebook.
2. Wear suits.
3. Wear a face shield.
4. Wear two masks (the special kind). kn95
5. Load up on food at Costco.
6. Stay home until it's over.
7. School online, because people are stupid.
8. Everyone get the vaccine, quit being stupid about it.

Teach your kid about paying people to stay home so they dont lib it up later in life

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

I drove across the country and back this summer camping over a couple months, barely any masks anywhere. Occasionally a worker would be wearing one but no one else until very recently. One thing I always wondered was do people think I'm an anti vaxxer for wearing one because of signs saying you have to wear one if you arent vaxxed? Never had anyone say anything which was surprising tbh

Glacier national park and Bay View campground in the UP were the top shelf spots. Highly rec

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Trying to get her to go to the burial but not attend the funeral is going to be my argument. Dunno if I'll win. Throughout the whole last year we've generally been on the same page with COVID but anything involving her family gets dicey.

I went to a wedding for a sibling recently and it was the most wild covid isnt real poo poo I've ever seen. Someone turned to me during it and said "arent you glad to be back to normal?!" People get so weird about poo poo like this. Good luck! Try and be upwind of everyone is my protip and dodge the virus like :moonrio:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

err posted:

Can someone explain why there are 1,000+ posts since 7pm yesterday? What did I miss?

All the joke posts earlier aside, the nat guard has been deployed, shot or get shot

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Zisky posted:

You can boof anything with enough willpower.

*lube and poppers CMON straights

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

My quadruple bypass surviving uncle just got season tickets to ol miss bball, says hes really excited to go to the games

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

I eat horse paste...it is the same exact medicine in Soolantra that people with rosacea take, only about 10 times less expensive. It helps with my mold toxicity and parasites like no other. The problem comes when the less informed eat as much as for a 1250 pound horse, or probably the whole tube, vs a pinkie nail/sized dose, which is all you need on average once a week.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

:\ sister works in the medical field and apparently went through full burn out - started drinking heavily a few months ago and ended up in 6 weeks of rehab for drinking a liter a day.

fuckin a man.

our mom died of alcoholism so hearing this kinda hosed me up a bit. Glad she got help.

I'm sorry that's really tough, alcohol is a monster

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

lol glad we got on the virtual school option when we did.

now my kid magically attends Queen Anne Elementary.

Alright richy rich quit rubbing it in. Too bad it doesnt put you in one of the houses there too

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

I've been astral projecting myself to UQA for months.

You could probably hide in bhy kracke for a little while just tell the cops your kids go to school in the area? Or find an empty mansion and go full squatters rights there's probably a ton of second and third homes empty up there

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Rauros posted:

blessed to see it again!

I fuckin hate strawberry kiwi flavor

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

i really want to troll the ivermectin hangouts by posting pictures of puppies and kittens with "lookie at my new pupper, Iver" or "i got a good feeling about my new cat, named it Ivermectin". convince them it's the cool thing to do

Tell them that poison oak counters covid infections better than horse paste, you can actually see the yellow virus leave your body its incredible

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

at any rate i don't believe some pharmacy person is going to give a poo poo who you really are especially when so much supply is being wasted.

Yes white middle class people never gatekeep others for no reason

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

skewetoo posted:

I feel like I'm living in a hopeless world without a future and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. Probably a bad thing idk I'm not the ruling class

Sounds like you dont have enough private property

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Lol I'm sitting in an urgent care with someone who isnt here for covid and everyone else is walking around sick trying to get tested, they are turning people away at the door. Lmao :rip: I'm in danger

The Saucer Hovers posted:

ive said this before but im saying it again so people are aware it can happen to them. we were evicted during the height of a pandemic so the landlord could sell at the height of the market. number go up, open biden, apple paste my face, etc.

My uncle did this to me its deffo real

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

euphronius posted:

lmao turning people away

"We're completely booked today, yes tomorrow too.. try down the road by the KFC at that urgent care.. oh its closed? Yea sorry good luck"

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

nexous posted:

sorry bro, gotta get divorced.

told my wife today we gotta cut ties with a bunch of dumb chuds (her family)

Thoguh sweatin and tugging at their collar

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Lol they had an intern click on each county with the paint spill bucket

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

brugroffil posted:

who was it that kept making GBS threads on firefighters in the previous covid thread last fall, insisting they were useless?

All jobs are equally useless there is no such thing as unskilled labor

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

i am harry posted:

that’s the covid infecting her sensory organs through capillaries. quarantine in separate parts of the house so you aren’t huffing each other’s virus discharges

and from there gently caress knows, try not to die I guess

This is something I've thought of a lot. If my partner started showing symptoms it would be very hard for me to leave them but I get thats probably the best play. Would yall leave your significant other if they tested positive? Not sure I could do it tbh

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Pohl posted:

lol what

Lol I know right? I'd just respirator up and hope for the best I suppose. Not like they can go to a doctor to get help. Sick people cant take care of themselves, we have animals, where are they or I going to go and with what $? Airbnbs and hotels over $200 a night lmaoo who got that money

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Der Meister posted:

why would you leave someone simply for getting infected

I figured people are quarantining away from each other in their house, or second home or hotel or whatever and we dont have that option. Not like leave them forever my bad

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Lacrosse posted:

I'm glad I'm single so I don't have to worry about a lovely partner abandoning me because I got sick

:laugh: I dont post great always, I'm not trying to abandon my partner. It's something we talked about together.. what to do if one of us gets it? We couldn't come up with anything besides take care of each other in our studio apt. "Leave them" was deffo a poor choice of words

gradenko_2000 posted:

If you don't live in a space large enough for the both of you to quarantine separately, and your government doesn't have dedicated quarantine facilities, then take care of each other

I don't know what the medical implications of huffing each other's covid breath is (though I'd love to know) but it's just practical

No doubt. It's a more difficult question for people with kids and I originally thought of it because a poster earlier was in this exact situation and talking about quarantining in a different part of the house

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 28, 2021

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Shitpostradomus posted:

ok my wife can't smell dank weed but said it smells like gas and vic's vapo-rub.
said it's more of a "can't smell anything but when i can, it's real weird which notes pop out" kind of deal.
also managed to find a loving abbott test which is trash but something while we wait 1-3d for a PCR.
ordered it online. having a friend drop it off.

every minute clinic, weekend walk-in, CVS, Walgreens has 0 available appointments.
you have to go to the next state for a rapid test.
just the absolute super-coolest response going on rn

Wait those drive through tests at walgreens have to be scheduled?? I know urgent cares are booked days in advance. gently caress that's ridiculous and stressful I'm sorry. How is anyone supposed to find out if they got it

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Optical Inch posted:

point is authority should be legitimate and justified. when the threat is an airborne disease, making sure that everyone is vaxxed and masked up is justified for the common good of the tribe

Authority should be legitimate and justified... for the common good of the tribe lmaoo wow

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

El Mero Mero posted:

I guess my attitude right now is sorta fatalistic. Over the past year the only events we've gone to have been small-group outdoor funerals (not covid related) and I miss my friends, who are more family than most of my family.

With the booster it's incredibly unlikely we'll end up hospitalized or even with long-term impacts if we get exposed. We'll also go back into hermit mode right after the wedding, so asymptomatic spread to others isn't a fear either. The friend also confirmed that all of the attendees are gonna be vaccinated.

This seems to be the attitude almost everyone has, hermit mode seems pretty rare though

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

VomitOnLino posted:

Since we're exchanging CRACK/PINGS and other helpful ideas here anyway:

How do you goons deal with your hair?
Mine is so long now I can tie it up into a pony tail which is annoying as gently caress and probably accelerates my male pattern baldness lol.

I'd just use my buzzer to cut it but there's two problems with that:
1) My buzzer is kinda poo poo and gives up half way through - that was fun finding that out in the early days of the pandemic...
2) Even as I eventually managed to complete it manually, I realized that I had a skull shape that makes me look like a cross breed between KZ escapee and potato

Put the bun on top so it doesn't pull as hard or use a chunky scrunchie

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Real Mean Queen posted:

The best lockdown media is anything that sucks that also takes forever to get through. I regret not keeping a list of all of the horrible things I’ve watched all the way through during the pandemic, but there are some real winners in there like Lexx and Teen Mom 2. I think I’ve seen most of the notable tv adaptations of Stephen King’s works, and I definitely watched all of The Magicians. I saw a good amount of True Blood before I got too bored, and I’ve been going through Below Deck: Mediterranean because it’s like Vanderpump Rules but with added boat problems.

I’m still locking myself down, I’ve got this down to a science. Find something that you instinctually hate in a way where you can yell at it, put it on your second monitor or some other situation where you can still post or play games while hating it, and just let it rip. Pause it when you go to the bathroom.

The final level is Love Island and a lot of weed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

covidactnow.org

Notables: WV++ NE--

I'm never gonna be able to look at Missouri without seeing koolaid guy again it's like the fed ex arrow for me