Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Pead posted:

There is going to be a direct line between this EO and a kid's death

I can't believe there aren't thousands of lawsuits about things like this already. I don't think I've heard of a single one this entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

went to look for pictures of the Pakleds and it turns out this kid was even fatter than those actors

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Casey Finnigan posted:

it's completely insane that Biden hasn't said anything about like half the hospitals in this country being overrun

"We're building back better, with human bodies mixed in with plaster like Tamerlane used to do."

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

They are just trying to hold off an armed riot, because if they said there was going to be no in-person school this year there literally would be one.

I'm not exaggerating. Pickens county courthouse was the last place I saw an honest to god klan rally (~2002)

https://www.wyff4.com/article/pickens-county-parents-protest-start-petition-against-districts-virtual-learning-decision/37317560

Literal slack-jawed yokel, lmfao

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Stevie Lee posted:

2nd week of September will be incredibly bad

My dining hall opens at exactly that point. Masks required everywhere indoors on campus except the place I work. Hundreds of students from all around the world, many of whom are going to be homeless because the school admitted way more new kids than housing exists for, coughing and sneezing and sucking and loving right in my vicinity.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
God's Not Dead is loving hilarious, watch it.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I unfriended the biggest chud I knew on Facebook some time last year because I was tired of seeing his bullshit and felt bad that I was only still friends with him so I could see when he caught covid and died from the combo of disease and obesity.

Haven't checked Facebook but I found his Twitter and he hasn't posted anything since March. He was pretty active on there, so I assume he is dead.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Holy poo poo, how are these guys not still the #1 meme right now when people are dying all over and leaving trails of self-owns across social media?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
We just had a two hour meeting about the importance of customer service.

We're still planning on being fully open, with thousands of college kids in our dining hall, obviously unmasked while eating, even after we've learned Delta breaks through the vaccine, fucks people up, and doesn't give two shits about all our nice new plexiglass.

And the school is reinstating three person dorm rooms because hundreds of kids are homeless without them.

"Well, we'll see what happens at schools that open before we do." LMAO

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

mod sassinator posted:

lol they're starting to slow rollout the news that child vaccines are not coming any time soon: https://www.npr.org/sections/back-t...nih-director-sa

reminder that they've known this was the case, no approval before 2022, for at least the last 3 months--maybe even 6 months

How has some variation of the movie John Q not played out yet? Do Americans hate their kids? :psyduck:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I'm just so tired of it all.

*sigh*

I have information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
https://www.reddit.com/r/ivermectin/comments/padl3b/who_scientist_may_face_death_penalty_for_advising/

that lead me to this: https://americasfrontlinedoctors.org/

At this point, it's impossible for me to tell the difference between the Genuine Morons and the psychopaths who think it's funny to convince them to eat horse paste and go blind.

LMFAO

LMFAO

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Real Mean Queen posted:

America’s frontline doctors is 1000% the website these guys send each other to, everything you see on there is completely in earnest

I am laughing so hard I'm crying.

Is there anything in the Book of Revelation about millions of people being dumb as gently caress? We've got war, we've got pestilence, we've got famine in many places, and we've definitely got death, but what color horse does stupidity ride on?

Just kidding. There can't be four horsemen because their horses are sick and all the horse meds have been consumed by your in-laws.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Shitpostradomus posted:

it's a public group. if the names need to be edited, i can do that real quick and re-upload/swap 'em.

"we've been asking to start the horse paste protocaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Ivermectin just sounds like a word that would get stuck in boomer brains.

Iver-mectin.

Iver-mectin.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Covok posted:

3 million people is 1% of the American population. God, it might hit or exceed that figure. That's some grim poo poo.

well, at least we finally did something about The 1%. :berned:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

"Self-appointed fact checker of the Left. Lover of wine, fun, cheeseburgers, and liberty."

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

mod sassinator posted:

I remember someone posted an article digging into how the koch brothers bankrolled the great barrington declaration and most of the "ok it's time to get back to normal, we just have to live with this" rhetoric in the US and UK

one of the kochs died of old age a few years back right? the other one has absorbed his evil powers.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
They are doubling, tripling, quadrupling down on the horse paste.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ivermectin/comments/pbmryd/there_is_no_evidence_whatsoever_that_ivermectin/

This looks to me like a carefully crafted astroturf combined with a cultivated army of morons.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

I hate this word more and more every day.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Pillowpants posted:

https://twitter.com/patricklsimpson/status/1431694797060853762?s=20

Here's a Twitter thread I just made using HHS data on staffing shortages and ICU Occupancy now and expected. I turned the data into color-coded maps for everyones pleasure.

Thanks for doing this. Also, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Pingui posted:

The distance was based on research dating back to the late 1800s

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

pigz posted:

Hard to imagine people getting upset about fans,

My guess is they'll say "IT JUST BLOWS THE VIRUS ALL OVER THE PLACE!" combined with some insane theory about OnlyFans.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Koirhor posted:

I agree with the earlier sentiment that we cannot live with Covid, it puts way too much strain on our medicial infrastructure. Unless of course that’s the goal and in 5 years only the truly wealthy will have medicine and only via concierge doctors

I don't think anybody's plan is that malicious. I think it's just leadership hoping Covid just miraculously goes away because they can't fix it. You know. Like Trump.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
We had Space Quest III on the 386's in The Computer Room and I assumed the teachers never took a look at it because they totally would have uninstalled it if they knew what was actually in that game, lol

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Casey Finnigan posted:

it's insane that every individual school district in the united states needs to individually learn the lesson that opening schools leads to massive infection. it happens in every single school, and they never change their behavior

You would think "It won't happen here" would be daba doop doop dead by now.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sLSlukFanc

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Salt Fish posted:

Really starting to suspect the country is collapsing and the government is trying to hide it from us for as long as possible.

Long as the SA forums servers stay up, I'm good.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
no boosters, we must save those doses for poor countries

are you going to ship those doses to poor countries?

no

:allears:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
s/o is in a zoom meeting with a professor and i overhear "yeah we're recovering from covid, it's weird because we're both fully vaxxed with pfizer..."

this is going to happen over and over again for at least the next year while the dummies in charge get dragged, kicking and screaming, into officially allowing boosters

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Feste posted:

And, meanwhile, this 50 microgram, which is that half dose of what the original dose is, is really important for Moderna because, as we know, they're tapped out on manufacturing for the rest of the year and into 2022.

Tapped out on manufacturing the vaccines.......

Tapped out on manufacturing the vaccines.......

What does this mean? They can't make any more? What else could this mean?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

The Vinja Ninja posted:

Remember, they purposely are mis-testing leading to a greater number of false-negatives, they are supposed to amplify viral replication by 4x but they changed it to 3x because of conservatives in the news wanting more negative tests for positive cases.

Do you have a source for this information? I completely believe you, I just want to be able to convince other people.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Nocturtle posted:

One thing about our new endemic COVID world, what are parents who care about their newborns supposed to do?

Well, there are these crowds of very angry people shouting "SAVE THE CHILDREN!" so maybe they will help?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

jetz0r posted:

i was talking with someone today, i've known him and his gf/wife casually for like 8 years. they had a kid a few years ago. his wife is a nurse of some sort, i think physical therapy.

he was talking about how at the start of the pandemic, he was trying to be a little cautious about stuff, but she was not going to stop going out. she would tell him that she was going to the bar and he could either come with her or not. she dealt with covid all day at work and didn't want to think about it after work. so they'd go out to places because she couldn't stop going out to dinner, bars, and events.

she died of covid 3 months ago.

I'm an introvert. It's a piece of cake for me to avoid people. My partner is an extrovert. She was willing to play it safe until she got vaccinated. After that, I have had a hard time talking her out of going places and doing things un-masked. Her lungs are already damaged because both her parents smoked indoors. She knows this, she knows the risks, she believes all the doomer data I show her, she isn't a succlib or a chud, but she's insistent that she must hang out with people or she'll go insane. And she might be right. She's had some serious breakdowns during all this.

I work in a university dining hall that opens for full indoor, sit down, take your mask off and spread this aerosolized virus all over the building in a matter of days.

If I'm not posting in a month, I'm dead.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Animal-Mother posted:

If I'm not posting in a month, I'm dead.

lol 0wned

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

We're just going back to the 1950s health wise.
Oh, good. I can drink gin for breakfast and get a doctor to recommend me a brand of cigarettes.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
apply flavor paaaste

boots with the fuuuur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Ice Phisherman posted:

I fully expect hospital and then social collapses in at least the old confederacy. It'll be what happened in India.

The funeral pyres in the streets will be more dangerous here, what with all that American fat burning.