Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/willripleyCNN/status/1430410076335058945?s=20

US media really wants NZ and China to break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Penisaurus Sex posted:

I'm a little curious about who gave all these liberal media outlets their marching orders.

I remember someone posted an article digging into how the koch brothers bankrolled the great barrington declaration and most of the "ok it's time to get back to normal, we just have to live with this" rhetoric in the US and UK

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
that last one about the 10 year old really hosed me up

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

delta 8 is the ivermectin of the dirtbag left. it’s even named after delta!

seriously it’s not worth it

Just so I know, what’s the downside? Edibles here are hyper-expensive and I have a cheaper source for CBD but not THC.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Steve Yun posted:

The main Ivermectin Facebook group got shut down

I mean, I'm laughing but this is also extremely sad.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Atrocious Joe posted:

this is the real mRNA conspiracy

we had the basics of the cure for a bunch of poo poo years ago but it wasn't profitable until WARP SPEED

yep. basically 100% of their effort was on gene therapy for developmental disorders until it recently became clear that's very very hard

there are a ton of diseases for which we could easily create an effective vaccine even with decades old technologies but the market isn't large enough. even with the speed to phase I being much faster with mRNA vaccines, this isn't going to change anytime soon, because the trials are still too expensive compared to the expected profit.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

didn’t w poll come out yesterday that NZ gov has 70 approval for covid

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

euphronius posted:

Jacinda Ardern, for you my people yearn

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

euphronius posted:

yea cnn is completely full of poo poo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Jacinda Ardern my people yearn for you

that just proves how brainwashed they've become. they need to be liberated.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
wow worldometer has the US at 171k cases today. I think that's the biggest worldo has reported for this surge yet. it's the equivalent of like 200k or more on BNO news reports

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Help meeee I'm having covid/economic/existential anxiety :kingsley:

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Lastgirl posted:

the media has this way of just trying to manifest things

i don't think we need to manufacture consent about covid being a seasonal norm because some bored affluent media personality is staring at his navel going what if, do we?

"influential corners"
*under breath* jesus loving christ

See Afghan withdrawal, they’re scum. The media is straight up trash doing the bidding of their billionaire masters

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

that just proves how brainwashed they've become. they need to be liberated.

The virgin US media vs the Chad Comrade Xi

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!

Lacrosse posted:

Something my therapist pointed out was very very few people are capable of 'big picture' (aka critical) thinking. For some reason a large percentage of the posters in C-Spam are critical thinkers who are able to figure out things like how there's no loving way lollapalooza only had 200 cases, meanwhile your average person just laps that poo poo up without another thought.

why yes my brain IS very big thank u for noticing

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
tennessee didn't report too so we're probably at 175k cases

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Coldrice posted:

And third dosed. Pretty simple process really

grats!

post your trip report and side effects, too

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

love the media just making poo poo up

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Another CSPAM successful speedrun story

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I hate seeing this going around because we haven't adjusted to poo poo. We haven't learned to live with anything, we've made no modifications to our behavior, it's 2019 out there. We are currently, actively, and enthusiastically not doing poo poo about this.

So what's moving on? What are they even talking about when they say we need to accept living with covid forever? How is this vague vision of the future different than exactly what we're already doing?

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1430613448593862657?s=21

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Half the mri dept out with covid lol. Lmao. Delta is orders of magnitude worse than the initial wild type outbreak just lmbo nobody loving cares open the gently caress up biden is directly responsible for more casualties than trump and he's only been in office 8 months, just give him a chance he can kill so many more.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Der Meister posted:

yeah ok let’s let millions go unvaccinated and allow them
to decimate our health systems so everyone else can die of a broken ankle or whatever

also lets create ideal conditions for mutations that defeat the vaccine lol

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I think most Liberals and Democrats have enough of a shriveled conscience that they understand on some level that allowing millions of people to be maimed or murdered through their inaction and criminal negligence is not morally acceptable. This isn't to convince us, because we have no power, it's to convince themselves that they did all they could, nothing could be done, and that's fine because we're all okay with it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Asproigerosis posted:

Half the mri dept out with covid lol. Lmao. Delta is orders of magnitude worse than the initial wild type outbreak just lmbo nobody loving cares open the gently caress up biden is directly responsible for more casualties than trump and he's only been in office 8 months, just give him a chance he can kill so many more.

How many were vaccinated?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

skewetoo posted:

Help meeee I'm having covid/economic/existential anxiety :kingsley:

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

mawarannahr posted:

I don’t know if this is true but I’ve tried pretty hard to be informed throughout the crisis… and this seems true to me, as a layperson. but… WHY? what’s so special here?

Me. Yw.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

Time to ask for a raise?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Asproigerosis posted:

the magnet can protect you. some how, some way. put your faith in the iron and never let it waver. the magnet will push away the invaders.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
If you told this country that 1.5% of it could be murdered for covid to go away right now, almost everyone would do it because they like those odds.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Lacrosse posted:

I can't stop thinking about that chicken disease that's 100% fatal in unvaccinated individuals

don't get my hopes up, that will take some mutation cycles to achieve. maybe by like 2024 or 2025, if we're lucky.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

make love to the magnet

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/CheekyMark1917/status/1430412344740306948?s=20
https://twitter.com/starsdell/status/1430427559322296328?s=20

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/latest-pakistan-sees-surging-infections-deaths-79633354

quote:

OLYMPIA, Wash, — Washington state health officials say the number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients is doubling every 18 to 19 days in the state.

Dr. Umair Shah is the state secretary of health and said Wednesday that the surge driven by the delta variant of the coronavirus has “stressed, stretched and strained” hospital resources across the state,.

One hospital official said hospitals throughout the state are facing their highest levels of occupancy ever, and the impact has been especially hard on regional and rural hospitals where there are no critical care beds left.

love to read the big boy national news reporting on the growing tire fire of covid in your state. PNW is on course to get wrecked

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby
1.87% horse paste

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ZachBroussard/status/1430701613979602948

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Glumwheels posted:

See Afghan withdrawal, they’re scum. The media is straight up trash doing the bidding of their billionaire masters

yeah, the pretense really just fell apart from combo cuomo resignation + afghan withdrawal. They stopped trying as much throughout the late 10s but now in the 20s they're fullthroated in journalistic malpractice and disinformation with full view of the oligarchical ring kissing

like Brian here, who is a total bellend from his "fact checking" ascent is now vaguely calling upon the influential corners of the internet. Source bitch, you talking tik-tok or what?

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!

holy poo poo COVID got Santa. pack it in folks

(probably due to that dude in the inconspicuous inflatable tree costume stalking him)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

I mean, I'm laughing but this is also extremely sad.

I feel bad for the horses but this is tremendous content