Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How's soloing in the game? Last time I played was a few years ago and I'm only on super late night for US and don't think I ever bumped in to anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm in as Orthalia Kronos. Took forever to find a name not taken.

How long would rep take to grind to unlock Artificer? I like tech in fantasy settings and paladin feels boring but safe for a first life. I have the coins to unlock it but if I can rep grind and use the coins for feywild I'd rather do that

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Oct 2, 2021

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I had enough funbux from the last time I was subbed to go ahead and grab it. I figure I'll have more fun with a new class and hold off to see if I want Feywilds and the new expansion but in the meantime I snagged that bundle from a few years ago that give you a ton of crap

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Not regretting the decision. Running around with a d&d AK47 and being a menace to the wildlife rules

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What's the dev's stance on simple macros? I have a bunch of buffs that last 2 minutes which means I never use buffs

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo I'm glad I ground out the mount before going to do Saltmarsh. The zone is so big I assumed I had done all the stuff I could do at the time until I realized the level 32 in the quest log is misleading.

Will I get to keep the horse when I reincarnate or do I need to get the feathers again? And items I want to carry over need to be banked right? I'm awhile from being able to TR, but I want to know what I need to do ahead of time.

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 5, 2021

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Feywild rules. I knew it'd be weird but I didn't think it'd be killing windmills and gingerbread golems weird. It's such a better low level experience than the Harbor's loving around in warehouses

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I remember liking Ravenloft last time I played. I didn't get too far in to it. I dropped the game like halfway through the arc because I kept eating poo poo as a wizard. Swallowing my pride and first lifing as a paladin helps a lot. Only thing that bums me out so far is how dead the auction house is. I can't find anything good to buy and don't have anything worth selling, but so far I haven't needed plat for much besides hirelings and thief's tools.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Can I get an invite for Kiyroh Eastknight? Took me a few days of messing around to pick a class and I didn't want to make someone send out like five invites

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lmao I just now realized Saga quests can be repeated. From the wording on it I thought you could only turn them in once. I lost so much xp not doing that turn in when I was grinding Ravenloft

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a holder for commendations? These things are filling up my inventory

e:Oh they stack lol

is it me or do I really need to not waste a spell slot/inventory space on waterbreathing and slow fall stuff? I've dropped off cliffs and lost a sliver and got frustrated with a quest, was going to drown myself because I was getting shot and couldn't recall, parked myself underwater to die, and came back after the bathroom to like 1/4 of my health missing

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 16, 2021

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You get points based on reaching certain milestones with favor so it's probably 3 specific quests or something that was changed

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Should I get the Quiver of Alacrity or Litany? I can't raid with others because of timezone so I basically have to pick based on how doabl a solo run of the raids are

eh, gently caress it. I went with the quiver. I'm more interested in TRing than I am grinding endgame so this'll be a lot more useful. Now to farm a seal

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Oct 17, 2021

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

30.5 Days posted:

There's a teleporter that can take you to your quests?

Look for anyone with a green celtic symbol looking thing above their head. Newer packs especially have a dude that can teleport you directly to quests. iirc you have to pay shards to go to ones you haven't done yet and plat for ones you have

Speaking of second accounts, I made one with the cupons and deals for a door opener and any other random crap I want to do with a second dude. Can you powerlevel in this game? I need to grind out the favor for those expansions

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 19, 2021

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Fleshmaker's lab can suck my dick and balls I just want my seal aaaaa

The entire necro IV chain gives me a headache but this is a special kind of suck

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I managed to finish it. People hopped in once I posted a LFG. Trying to decide now if farming these is worth it or if I need to find an Ascension Chamber carry for my seal. Pretty sure I can't actually get to one of the chests for a shield fragment

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Oct 20, 2021

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lorem ipsum posted:

Yea, necro 4 is on most people's quest lists because it gives good XP and is pretty fast so groups fill up. Ascension chamber is going to be a hard sell though. I haven't seen a group for that in years. I'm not even sure how many people are needed, but if we can do it with 2 or 3, maybe some of us can help you.

I'll see about farming the shield and litany or whatever fragments. I'm probably just missing some trick to it because I haven't seen anything so far after doing everything but Fleshmaker's several times. At least at the end of this I won't need to farm 2 other teifling iconics for a move boost that eats a feat slot

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I managed to get a little over the drow unlock on my first life that I tr'd at 20. Can't pull up the wiki now but iirc doing a quest on elite or reaper gives the most points for both heroic and epic runs. I hit a wall around 800 favor on my current character at 27 because I don't have the gear or past lives to do anything harder than epic normals, but I could squeak out more points if I branched out on my sagas

As for what to grind, aside from the overarching stuff like 32 point builds, I set my sights on whatever tree helps my preferred play style most. I play casters so Feydark Illusionist is a no brainer and now my casters don't need to be a gnome illusionist

e:Oh yeah, forgot you can just go back and one shot everything at cap

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 20, 2021

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What's a decent way to get dragonshard fragments and cannith essences? My artificer blows through stacks of ammo but I'd like to use the fancy stuff if possible

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man, artificer is so much fun a few lives in. I have enough rune arms banked and enough plat to fill in the gaps for the really good ones. I go turret mode and just tab target with auto attack on and flame grill mobs when they get close. All the rogue kit added in is just a great bonus. Only downside is no numbers or symbols in names so I couldn't go with the super original and hilarious name P3-N15 for my robot dog

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Oct 23, 2021

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ihki posted:

This might be stating the obvious for most of us, but make sure to visit the guild airship every so and so hours to pick up guild buffs, which provide an enormous boost to a character of any level. Airship zone-ins can be found on most significant public hubs as marked by an anchor icon. Interact with the doohickey in the center of the deck.

also if you have a pet have them interact with it for buffs too for shits and giggles

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a way to salvage augments or should I grind a stockpile of these Night Revel gems?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Sheesh, I thought artificer was falling off pretty hard. Then I hit level 10, got my heavy repeater from spookyland, and now I'm a gatling turret that shoots fireballs and these undead enemies melt

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How's Detect Hidden or whatever it's called and Knock on a proper caster class? I got some scrolls for my PLD and they seemed useless. Am I just going to have to accept splashing in to rogue if I want to unlock things?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a solution to the reagent problem? A bag I can put them in or something? It's so annoying keeping up with them that I'm thinking of rolling human next life just so I can sneak in the Eschew Components to a build. I wouldn't mind it so much but I never have any Strength so I can't just buy a boatload of materials and keep them in my backpack

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
more like what goes up is my repair bill

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wasn't in the group I'm just shitposting

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
About to TR and can't pick between bladeforged paladin or teifling scoundrel bard. I feel like I could have an easier time doing more elites and R1s on the paladin, but I also want 2 more scoundrel lives to free up a gear slot

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My last life was a spellslinger bard and absolutely ripped through everything so I think I'll grind out the other two lives for that while the getting is good

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That cloak looks too high def to be in this game

Finally getting in to R1s and it's pretty satisfying Color Spraying the ghost guys and blasting them apart with sound. Had a much rougher time on my Arti. Cone attacks feel just right in this game for all the twisting hallways opening up in to confined rooms. I wish Lost Souls dropped sub reapers because they'd be super handy the first few lives before I had gear.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are REHN runs still important or should I be spreading out and doing more single completions?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There's a gnome pure druid build that looks good, not sure how good of a caster it'll be though. Obviously it's not human but you could substitute the gnome stuff with human

Build two on this page

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/516052-Strimtom-s-Hardcore-Ready-Character-builds-Season-3

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man, the game gets great once you're over the banking at 18 hump. Slot my purple rain epic attack and go to town on Elites three levels higher than me. I don't even have much level 20 gear so I do it in my questing stuff from 15

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Annnd this convo made me need to check something I read once and turns out I was stacking gear like this was another MMO thinking it'd give me tons of Charisma. Had to shuffle through my bank for 45 minutes to get some gear that isn't immediately cancelled out. On the bright side I've doubled my health and armor.

If it were any other game I'd be pretty pissed but so much gear has so many cool effects that I don't mind the shuffle

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 2, 2021

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
oh man fatesinger has an ability that gives you no arcane spell failure time to go plate bard I guess

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Cursed Blade of Jack Jibbers is worth mentioning, if not to suggest a dedicated grind for it than to point it out if you're questing in the area. Kind of a gamechanger and nothing to really point out it exists

New epic trees are great. The old system felt really clunky and losing all the traits I wanted to level to two trees I don't care about was clunky and unfun. Lots more options in the new one and it feels more in line with the 1-20 enhancements. I managed to go from having trouble doing at level elites to R1s two levels above me with the new trees

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
fair enough. I ran in to a situation where a guy asked if I had one and like I said I didn't even know it existed

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

StashAugustine posted:

How far out of your way do you have to go to hit 5k favor in a life for the +5 tome? I'm only second life so the full XP penalty hasn't kicked in yet and idk if it requires lots of grinding or just being selective about which quests to run.

I'm three lives in and going from 15-30 mostly R1 with no repeats gets me like 1.5-2k I think? 5k has got to be near full completion on elite/reaper

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i like the level progression at 20+ where you go from wiping out a drow city in the underdark and chumping lolth's generals to beating up fishmen in a mash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The huge/colossal bags are all worthwhile if you're sticking to one character. The ingredients bag can save you a lot of points you'd spend on craft bank upgades. Hirelings folder is real convenient if you TR a lot. You can put all the hirelings you use while leveling in it and pull them out as needed. If you're a caster Feydark Illusionist is really good because it gives you a lot more wiggle room on race choice, but you could do the rep grind for that instead. As for iconics, Bladeforged and Teifling are really strong. Bladeforged is a really good paladin, which you'll want for past life feats, and teifling scoundrel bard spelllingers are really strong and fun right now.