Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

That opening was an entire vocaloid MV in and of itself.

Looking forward to Library of UwUina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Good, bad, or indifferent, Carmen still owes the City and possibly the rest of the world four days of Light.

I'm only concerned with that.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Just Angela.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Acerbatus posted:

I've always felt it needs to be taken into consideration that the whole 'redemption of humanity' thing was planned by two people who would be considered, by our standards, amoral lunatics.

Angela did nothing wrong.

I think I touched on this a little upthread, but arguably the debate over whether Angela did anything wrong or not misses the point of what to be moral is about. Ultimately, morality is about the actions you take out in the world.

To extend that, the question then becomes not "did Angela do anything wrong," but "what can Angela do to fix the harm she caused by her action?"

TLDR: Angela still owes the world four more days of Light

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Doobeedoo posted:

I'd argue three days, then four days might not have the same effect as just seven days at once?

That being said, Angela doesn't owe the world anything. It's not like they did anything for her she needs to repay.
Sure, the moral course of action would be to give them what she made sure they wouldn't be given, but I wouldn't say she has any responsibility to do so other than the general "You have power, you have a responsibility to make a positive difference in the world" thing.

My conception of morality is that immoral acts are ones that deliberately/knowingly cause harm. I posit that Angela caused great harm to the world by withholding that Light; and so... well, I don't know if there's anything she can do about it now. But I would hold that it's an immoral action that should be rectified if possible.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Is that a can of bear-brand beer?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Counterpoint: A was a giant dickbag which overrides any other consideration.

Is it better to do the wrong thing for the right reason, or the right thing for the wrong reason?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

JointHorse posted:

Only the best, imported from Finland :finland:

holy poo poo, it's a beer-brand bear :haw:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Qrr posted:

Should have let Adam win, then everyone would unlock their full potential! Or die I guess.

Not or— and.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Are there any plans to bring this game to the Switch? Or to a DRM-free store like GoG?

(Or to Mac, while we're on the subject, though it'd probably not work on my device, which is sadly aged.)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Winterdragon2004 posted:

99 and 1/2 Ways to Kill a Bird by Tenenbrais

99 and 1/2 Ways to Kill a Mockingbird?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

TeeQueue posted:

Both games are incredibly super dense, but given that the only other game I ever wanted to LP was Pathfinder:Kingmaker... Let's be real, any LP I was gonna make would have been :words:. It's just who I am as a person.

I'd joke about doing Ace Attorney, but maybe that's a bit much for a joke.

...can you imagine an Ace Attorney game set in the LoRverse? :ohdear:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

:stwoon::golfclap:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

MetaMeme posted:

What kind of incident would be enough to do that?

The White Nights and Dork Days, for one… :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Arcvasti posted:

One of the Wing's Singularities is an infinite comment section where omniscient beings have unending arguments about people's power levels. By using T-corp technology to analyze these discussions, the City is able to give every Fixer a rough Grade.

So who would win in a fight: the Scarecrow from Batman, or the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz?*

*Not the Lobcorp version, the original.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Crasical posted:

Yesod... was always the dick.... :psyduck:

But does Yesod gently caress?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Wasn't LobCorp written in C#? I guess they switched engine since then for some reason if it's C++ for LoR? For the random number generator thing, modern C++ gives you access to different random number generators and has a whole module dedicated to doing that. It's not too hard to get some high quality but still cheap to compute random numbers, so I'd have expected them to use that. Alternatively they might be using the ancient C rand() function, which is probably more likely to have issues like that. So what I'm saying is, Project Moon might still be partly to blame here, depending on the details.

Sindai posted:

I'm skeptical of that RNG comment unless it was made by someone who's very familiar with the code. A bias bad enough to actually be noticeable by human players in a game like this would take a serious programming error since C#'s Random class should be fine for anything short of actual cryptography.

It'd make sense if they were using rand(), which is... bad, basically. Even though <random> and everyone's favorite algorithm (the Mersenne Twister) exists.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

MetaMeme posted:

I'm calling his bluff: I don't think he's good enough at photo editing or MS paint to edit loss in. I think he just said he did to gently caress with us.

I can confirm he did.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

golden bubble posted:

At least it's much easier to understand than the early beta system where guests could use your abnormality pages and you'd have to track those effects too.

That sounds cool, though.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

MetaMeme posted:

There's only one real augmentation that can get that kind of agility, c'mon now

:five: :golfclap:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Evil Kit posted:

Welcome back Malkuwuth!

:kimchi:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

What about the guaranteed 3 Emotion from C-chop it off?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

GilliamYaeger posted:

It only gives one emotion. The 1-1 and 3-3 dice don't give any coins because they don't have a maximum or minimum roll.

Oh.

That’s good to know.

Man, this game feels like it’s built entirely of edge cases. :lobcorp:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

StillFullyTerrible posted:

whatever you do, do not upload angela on the disk and put it in the big robot

A: "get in the robot, angela"

Angela: "you can't tell me what to do, dad"

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

TeeQueue posted:

Who's Gebura?

Hokma balls :haw:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Solitair posted:

Ravioli, ravioli. What's made of human meat-oli?

Flavioli

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

MinutePirateBug posted:

Through the power of friendship and love we SHALL TAKE OVER THE WORLD BUAHHAHAHA!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Theantero posted:

Unless you are playing as the Head :v:

Heads, don’t it? :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Night10194 posted:

Poor Netzach. Finally gets his beer vending machine, but all it has is light beer.

:doh:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

NullBlack posted:

To complement Noir!Bishop, we have Noir!Malkuth, trying to do the seductive standing in a doorway like a femme fatale, and failing because Malkuth's just too cute to be seductive

:kimchi:

Also, Angela still owes the world four days of Light.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 1, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

CHiRAL posted:

But what is Angela owed?

I don't know.

MetaMeme posted:

angela doesn't owe anyone poo poo for a million years of slavery and parental abuse gently caress the city

The city, maybe. But Angela did something that has affected an entire world adversely. That's not something you can just brush aside.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hwurmp posted:

*of Gebura

Gebureez nuts

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Xenav posted:

Don't worry, I'm certain an unnamed individual would be willing to sign a contract with him.

You just know that in an alternate universe, Kyubey was caught by LobCorp and turns agents into magical girls on the regular.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

In the name of the S&P, the NASDAQ and the DJIA. Amen.

The Dijon Jones spIce mix Assembly line?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Crasical posted:

Them being Revival Corp would put a spin on those nifty Rabbit helmets that automatically kill the wearer if it detects that they're panicking or otherwise about to become a liability.

Maybe the Rabbits are using the helmets from Birth ME Code.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

NullBlack posted:

who said anything about walking? As shown in Distortion Detective, cars exist.

Ah, but every car in the Project Moonverse is an eldritch Pinto.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

NullBlack posted:

could be worse. An older design of Netzach was so messy it violates logic (the shirt front connects to the left collar and the right hemline).

Oh gently caress, now I can't unsee that. :mad:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

dervival posted:

Had we not booked him, Gyeong-Mi would've revolutionized communications by introducing punch cards.

:golfclap:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Tenebrais posted:

Well drat it, now you have me too.

I'd say...
Roland - The Fool
Malkuth - The Heirophant
Yesod - The Emperor
Hod - The Hermit
Netzach - The Star
Tiphereth - The Lovers*
Geburah - Judgement
Chesed - Temperance
Hokma - The Devil
Binah - The Chariot

*If Tiphereth doesn't come back, then this might change as Tiphereth might not have her story focusing on Tiphereth as much in this game.

While I mostly agree with you, I have to insist that Binah is The Tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hot take: Every character in LoR is The Tower.