Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

otherside didn't really crash, it was just a pretty strained production for a series where people seem to mostly prefer the manga and original novels. It has one or two original eps by the author that even people who were broadly underwhelmed seemed to like tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I still think the videos making fun of objective messes like a 15fps video of a guy constantly stating, cursing, and inserting random fart and siren sounds into Mario 3 are funny, but yeah its time went and even chip strayed into just mocking people with disabilities on multiple occasions (granted they deleted those).

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the MCU has colors?

e: besides airfields and the surrounding lawn that is

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

getting into some of leaf/aquaplus' stuff revealed to me the truth that big-eyed 90s/00s styles are ftw, actually

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I sometimes look at that site for sales listings and laugh at the posters while I'm there but

who cares dude

the only "relevance" gaf/era ever had was devs posting there bc the creep admin put in an email gate and a lot of those got driven out for crimes like "localizing senkags"

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Willo567 posted:

have any japanese dragon quest fans or gamers there in general ever commented on the horrific poo poo sugiyama said, or has it been ignored?

I'm sure there's individuals talking poo poo, but there's not much space for it in "journalism" and apparently the one gaming outlet that noted his issues back during the Olympics got dumped on hard.

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1446018541660950534

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

I would genuinely love for them to pick up more shirobako like stuff

One of the PA works guys talked about going to a conference where shirobako was singled out as a "what not to do" for appealing to international audiences

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Space Flower posted:

yeah i remember this, wasnt it the director of shirobako/gup himself

Nah, it was Horikawa.
https://twitter.com/horiken2000/status/710391206274945024?t=HQErsug52ICxTh44OAjL-Q&s=19

https://amp.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/4curn1/pa_works_ceo_kenji_horikawa_on_shirobako/

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The Colonel posted:

f... four hours......

the podcast itself is also just an audio version of pat and woolie rambling to each other on stream for I guess an entire afternoon

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They're strategy games with a bunch of upgradable units that have passive and active skills and a bunch of meter and ammo-based weapons. They're fanservice games though, so in the modern games especially the default difficulties are very lenient and about messing around with your favs over anything really taxing.

e: 30 in particular will straight up say things like "these guys are really weak, so just mess around and figure things out!" for the first two stages' objective text

Motto fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Oct 29, 2021

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Every VN writer gets one weird pseudo-adaptation that they personally guide off the rails in an awkward way due to them not usually working with anime

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Arist posted:

Also, just say "Senpai," who cares, it sounds better than attempts to write around it

Nah

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

as a rational person I simply don't care

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

What the gently caress is Bottom Tier Character Tomozaki

a pretty decent LN but very shoestring anime

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

the d4dj rap battle episode is good because it has a joke about flipflappers

(ZAQ, the singer who did the flipflappers OP, cameos at the start having a rap battle with a real life friend of hers who's also a singer, and the friend dunks about her only doing OPs for anime nobody's ever heard of)

they also did the OPs for Concrete Revolutio, which even less people watched

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DoubleDonut posted:

Grouchio please just post normally

I'm sure giving him more attention will make things work out

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

time for a look at the follows of literally any anime/manga industry person

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Acerbatus posted:

I forget, was that the recent yuri anime that ended with like an 80 year time skip to when the characters were dead? That was weird.

Maybe you're thinking of AdaShima, but that was in a BD bonus novel that was several post-series stories about them as adults.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

my grudge (unserious) against crystal tower is that the default raid UI setup on console (or at least was for me) is insanely bad so I loaded into my first raid with a bunch of bars plopped right in the middle of my screen

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mix. posted:

my interpretation of NGE is entirely through the lens of one of my exes randomly deciding that they wanted to be 'the kaworu to my shinji' even though I at the time knew literally nothing about NGE. and wouldn't you know it that relationship crashed and burned pretty spectacularly

you hung out for a few days until you killed them?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

unicorn is kind of mid imho you should watch Hathaway instead

hathaway had okay parts but almost every part with gigi or the federation guy was really weird or lame

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/amanogawatenri/status/1472777276119216129

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

starting to suspect that snail won't actually make a real vtuber thread and is doing "a bit"......

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

a hard ban would be more coherent, esp since afaik most people just talk about them elsewhere now and all that's here is a few people intentionally or obliviously needling the regulars into getting mad about the content of the barely-active chat thread yet again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

It says a lot about how much better SA has gotten

it's not this one