Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

God that's the most British thing ever.

Uh oh prevent accidentally referred a white guy for uh... downloading pdfs, how about you do a patronising series of book reports young man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

The idea of a white terrorist in the UK is so whimsical let's just get him to read Dickens

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

My union rep was a nice old guy who was completely ineffective and the managers made fun of

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

it is so very late why did i make this

Gdi lol

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Jakabite posted:

My bad I guess, I see her on the best selling lists and assume it’s another shocking crime novel a la Dan Brown, like the non military equivalent of Tom Clancy. If I’m wrong then apologies. Just seems like there are better books out there

Nah Mantel takes like 10 years to put out a rigorously researched historical novel about ugly but powerful men that she has historical crushes on

I liked the first two Wolf Hall books and haven't got through the final one yet

Theyr good books but her being a reactionary is extremely unsurprising given how she writes about stuff

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah the British public are pretty good/rude about it, it's the media and government figures who make a virtue of obsequiousness

But the media has an enormous impact on the way people think so it ends up bleeding through

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

The monarchy not having authority is one of those national myths that is obviously false on the face of it unless you've been brought up here

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

What does she think was done in his name?

It's twitter isn't it

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

No that doesn't sound right, we're the goodies

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

won't somebody please mountbatten tonty

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Rustybear posted:

I know its a caricature at this point to call him bloodthirsty lunatic but he's sailing as close as is possible in mainstream media to the great replacement with his islamism is an existential (sorry "first-order") threat to western society (whatever that is) bits; the third from bottom paragraph also pins the blame on politicians and the public who just aren't willing to stack enough coffins apparently.

It's insane how a former labour leader has ended up just completely swallowed up by the 'kill their leaders and convert their population' neocon mindset.

The labour right are actually as bad or worse as the tory right in some ways and this is one of them.
As well as, obviously, the labour membership being more sexist and racist about who they want as leader

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

My dad is a good dad and he's getting less lib but I can't push too far coz my folks both are much less equipped to lol at the current world than I am

Re: lockdown. My partner has been saying for months that the lockdown will start up on her birthday which is this month, lmao if she's right, she usually is

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Can we even call them liberal when they censor an article to remove the bits saying "these are the neo-fascists, this is why they're neo-fascists, and neo-fascism is on the rise".

Guess the liberal got scratched.

Sounds liberal tbh

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

So theyr raising NI and lowering benefits while energy costs are going up by like 20% during a plague and the fallout of brexit? Am I forgetting anything?

These tories loving love recessions
It's 2008 again but...again

Time for shock doctrine

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

The Question IRL posted:

'Sup wiggidy wieners.

So I haven't seen my daughter in person since the start of the pandemic and I have finally bit the bullet and bought tickets to fly over to Glasgow to see her for her birthday.

From the Scot's goons, what are the odds that a lockdown will be declared before the middle of September, or am I fairly likely to be allowed travel over to Scotland and actually spend time with her?

There are rumblings of one happening soonish but the rule of thumb is basically that the SNP have to do whatever Britain does but worded differently, so if the tories lock down the SNP will do so probably slightly before to maintain kayfabe.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Questions for defra? Not really.
I thought it was always that the beastie didn't have disease but regulations demanded it's death anyway. Which is why kier supported it.

Jfc

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Brits care a lot more about animals than people so the alpaca is gonna bring down kier or Boris

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Unless that eion has the inside scoop the series being cancelled may be speculation, mind you that other writer having her piece put in hold seems to suggest it's true

But I wouldn't be surprised if the graun just slinks out with the rest of the stuff to pretend this didn't happen
That's what I'd do if I wasn't an insane terf paper so... Oh

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I've lost a lot of weight over lockdown and I credit it to only imagining the chocolate orange fudge every couple days

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

All according to keirkaku

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

SpaceCommie posted:

Today's bullshit had finally made me cancel my DD to Labour and it's pretty liberating not going to lie.

Welcome, comrade

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

For the past 21 months we have had a government that does not find reality compelling, I'm not sure that HMRC could change that.

Phew just had to check I hadn't woken up in 2011

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I'd never heard of "the proms" until today and I want to return to that happier time

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

It's the same in Scotland v England, its getting rarer here but going down to England basically nobody is wearing masks

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I'm so sorry skull servant

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

1965917 posted:

What the gently caress? What did Reginald D. Hunter ever do to her?

Eh its just a joke about him being handsome and charming and her being a protective parent
I'm probably giving her too much benefit of the doubt by a mile but that's how I read it

The actual best tweet is her saying leftists snowflakes are "dumbing down panto"
Which might be the funniest thing ever said

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

phew at least the IOPC is on the case

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Just letting shops sell things by whatever metric they want is also a popular gov policy coz they don't actually have to do anything themselves, same with the crowns on pints

The purpose of every mp is to perform no real function but still go on telly, pass money around and occasionally get red and swollen with blood and try to bomb somewhere

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Negative numbers are just inverted numbers, it's pretty simple to intuit imo, or I never had an issue
If you draw them out on a horizontal line it means you have 1 and -1 to either side of 0 in the middle

I only found out about imaginary numbers recently but they just add a new dimension,
so if you're drawing them out, as well as the horizontal line going from 1 to -1 with 0 in the middle, there's a vertical line with i and -i with zero in the middle.
It makes every number 2d instead of 1d and makes for some snappy and easy 2d coordinate calculations.

And they do that simply by imagining there's a number that's the square root of -1(the square root of 1 is 1, but -1 x -1 is 1 again. Another square root of 1),
Well let's just say the square root of -1 is a number called i
same as we get negatives by imagining theres a number when you do 4-5 =?
Or fractional numbers by imagining there's a number when you do 7/2=?
Or imagining that numbers exist at all

Theyr called imaginary numbers derogitarily and it stuck, iirc the guy who proved them thought negative numbers were witchcraft and instead complicated things even more.
The polite term is complex numbers
But every number, even reliable old 5, who you'd think would never betray you, actually is a complex number that has an imaginary component, it's just zero, and you'd write it as 5+0i if you wanted to freak the normies.
I think it'd all be as easy to grasp as negatives if they'd taught anyone it as kids.

I probably got something wrong somewhere, I've only recently tried to relearn maths.

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Sep 18, 2021

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

somewhere god has his head in his hands going "i never shoulda let these apes solve a triangle"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Gort posted:

Maybe Starmer wants to step down but wants to ensure the PLP get to pick his replacement instead of the membership

Either way it has to be done, it's pretty obvious they've done a great job of discrediting the labour right and if they did things the same way as before we'd all just rejoin to vote in whichever candidate they hate the most

It's probably their most important move tbh, they'd have to be completely stupid not to. It'd be like if we hadn't implemented open primaries or made any effort to prevent the right wing taking over aga

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Who do the right even have as their next candidate?
Or the left for that matter

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

Yeah he said that so that the 'left' wouldnt immediately fall into doing exactly what the right did and just wreck things for the sake of it. As soon as Kiers colours came out he was ripping on him as he should do.

Also Starmers essay is strikingly similar in both words and tone as David Camerons manifesto. Almost like it was stolen and rewritten.

we're going back to the golden age... 2012... her maj is parachuting in with James Bond!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

How should the EU be dealing with the UK, then?

Like the Kings of the earth we are! How dare you!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah it seems to be an easy one, not all women have cervixes including trans women and intersex women, I'm not even sure it's correct to day all cis women have cervixes

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I like building random Chinese furniture, you end up with lots of clever and unexpected ways of doing things.
Plus a lot of chinese stuff is actually pretty dang good nowadays and a lot of expensive western stuff is... not

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Failed Imagineer posted:

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1442749903675998208?s=19

Read this and involuntarily shuddered lol.

From Galaxy Brain to Galaxy Britain

LOL I did work with the people doing this stuff, at the end an old dude took us aside and admitted it wasn't going to happen and was just a vanity project for an MP

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Noxville posted:

Wait I thought Starmer won on perceived Electability, is making promises that your electorate know you won’t keep a quality that voters desire?

Joris Bohnson won a huge majority

Are we asking if prime ministers lie?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Aidan_702 posted:

when your mum puts you in a nice suit and tie and get a lovely haircut and become electable for the whole family

Which one of you is the chap behind Burnhams bloated carcass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Starmer is really loving bad. It sucks he just has a reputation as being boring cause he's a genuinely evil prick just in such a banal way that even he doesn't notice