Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

People were being loving idiots about vaccines long before the internet, with basically exactly the same arguments:

Colour it in and that's a Ben Garrison, unhinged rant and all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Odd the thread should mention golden syrup, I went past the Tate and Lyle refineries today and noticed the storage tanks are no longer painted up like tins of golden syrup but just have generic branding on them, no wonder this country's going down the pan.

(A quick street view check reveals they've not been painted like that for over a decade now, so I'm just going to blame Gordon Brown)

Gordon Brown sold all the gold[en syrup]

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Can someone recommend a good trade union? I finally got around to leaving Unison, so if anyone has advice one to join for the charity sector that'd be much appreciated

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

escapegoat posted:

Mind if I ask your reasons for leaving Unison? I'm a member myself and I've been finding them pretty toothless regarding current issues at my workplace and was thinking of joining another one.

I don't really have much to do with them (fortunately: I've not had any major workplace issues) and in the absence of any strong reasons to remain with them I figure if I'm going to give money every month to a union I don't want it to be one that does this:

serious gaylord posted:

Didnt they literally just overrule their members and support Starmers amendment to the leadership policy?

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I am extremely drink and can i just say: gently caress conservatives

:hmmyes:

This should go in the OP as an efficient summary of past, present and future UKMTs