Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Professor Funk posted:

Bengals fans I don’t know how to tell you this nicely but Jamarr Chase is a bust

https://twitter.com/fourverts/status/1435961672741625859?s=21

I love the Bengals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
This is some Markelle Fultz like poo poo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sharknado slashfic posted:

I love the Bengals

Was it Leinart who complained about the football being different and Dennis Green was just like 'that's the ball we play with you idiot?'

I know this has come up before in a very dumb way.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
This is exactly why I’m not in the nfl right now

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So he sat out all of 2020 but still practiced with a college ball?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

boop the snoot posted:

This is exactly why I’m not in the nfl right now

My football career ended when a football went into the sky and never came back down.

Sometimes it goes back up, but never down

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Troy Williamson cashes his consultant check, pleased that his “oh poo poo it’s my uh.. eyesight?…” excuse is able to be used a mere 15 years late

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
There is probably an interesting discussion to have about how catching up to the speed of NFL is going to amplified for all the dudes who took 2020 off and how that will affect the first month of the season but this thread is for barking like a seal at PFT clickbait so

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Early-mid first round WRs rarely end up being a Pro Bowl level player, let alone even the best in their class.

2020: Ruggs, Jeudy, and Lamb all lag behind Jefferson (fifth receiver selected). Still too early to say anything definitively.
2019: AJ Brown went in the second after Marquise Brown, N'Keal Harry, Deebo Samuel. DK Metcalf went in the late second.
2018: No one selected until the very late first; Moore and especially Ridley deserved to go earlier.
2017: Davis and Williams are good-not-great starters and John Ross is a bust. Smith-Schuster went in the second, Cooper Kupp and Chris Godwin went in the third.
2016: Michael Thomas went in the 2nd and Tyreek Hill went in the 5th. No one selected in the top 10 but all the first-rounders are busts (Coleman, Doctson) or quasi-busts (Will Fuller).
2015: Amari Cooper was maybe worth his pre-draft hype, although not for the team that drafted him. Then it was Kevin White, DeVante Parker, Nelson Agholor, Breshad Perriman. Tyler Lockett and Stefon Diggs went in the fifth.
2014: Watkins was absolutely not worth it. Mike Evans and Odell Beckham were. Brandon Cooks was selected 20th so, I don't know, push?
2013: Tavon Austin went at 8, DeAndre Hopkins didn't go until 27. Keenan Allen went in the third.
2012: Justin Blackmon, Michael Floyd, Kendall Wright were your early-mid firsts. Alshon Jeffery went in the 2nd, Mo Sanu and TY Hilton in the 3rd.
2011: AJ Green and Julio Jones happened.
2010: Demaryius Thomas and Dez Bryant went at 22 and 24 respectively.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol @ these illustrations

https://www.usatodaysportsplus.com/storytelling/graphic-novels/nfl/pocket-tales/1630980664787/

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

There is probably an interesting discussion to have about how catching up to the speed of NFL is going to amplified for all the dudes who took 2020 off and how that will affect the first month of the season but this thread is for barking like a seal at PFT clickbait so

I mean, wasn't Sewell the only other top pick that sat out? And he sucked in the preseason too. But Chase's issues seem, uh, way worse than just "I'm still getting used to NFL game speed after not playing high-level football for a year."

fsif posted:

Early-mid first round WRs rarely end up being a Pro Bowl level player, let alone even the best in their class.

2020: Ruggs, Jeudy, and Lamb all lag behind Jefferson (fifth receiver selected). Still too early to say anything definitively.

We'll see what happens this year, but the 2020 WR class could be a 2011-type class. I wouldn't be surprised if Lamb was a genuine star this year. Tee Higgins was also really good! But just barely not a first rounder.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 9, 2021

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Professor Funk posted:

We'll see what happens this year, but the 2020 WR class could be a 2011-type class. I wouldn't be surprised if Lamb was a genuine star this year.

Right, I suspect him and Jeudy would be bolded names if I did this exercise a year from now. Nevertheless,

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

Not arguing against your point here exactly but Deebo's got a chance still I think? He just needs to get over getting injured or going on the Covid list constantly.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Professor Funk posted:

I mean, wasn't Sewell the only other top pick that sat out? And he sucked in the preseason too. But Chase's issues seem, uh, way worse than just "I'm still getting used to NFL game speed after not playing high-level football for a year."

We'll see what happens this year, but the 2020 WR class could be a 2011-type class. I wouldn't be surprised if Lamb was a genuine star this year. Tee Higgins was also really good! But just barely not a first rounder.

How are Chase's issues way worse than any other NFL rookie issue? This is all based on some training camp bullshit and one pull quote that sounded funny.

And like six dudes in the first round opted out in 2020 what are you talking about

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

lol too bad I have such a great avatar

Edit: ah, it's not as good avatar size anyway, the details make it great

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

And like six dudes in the first round opted out in 2020 what are you talking about

Chase notes that himself in that quote. Not exactly as an excuse but as an 'I might be rusty' thing.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

How are Chase's issues way worse than any other NFL rookie issue? This is all based on some training camp bullshit and one pull quote that sounded funny.

Well, he also looked bad in preseason games.

Grittybeard posted:

Not arguing against your point here exactly but Deebo's got a chance still I think? He just needs to get over getting injured or going on the Covid list constantly.

He is definitely not a bust and a solid pick for the second round, but I don't know if he will ever put up the numbers to get a ton of attention. So far he is a better football player than he is at accumulating stats. And he needs to stay healthy.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

[minigun revving up]

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

wandler20 posted:

lol too bad I have such a great avatar

Edit: ah, it's not as good avatar size anyway, the details make it great

what if you just cropped his weird rear end face

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Pain of Mind posted:

Well, he also looked bad in preseason games.

He played like 15 snaps all preseason

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

what if you just cropped his weird rear end face

I think the fairy Gronk is better tbh

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Have you watched Ja'marr Chase this preseason? Obviously a small sample size but he literally looked like he forgot how to catch the ball. He could totally course correct but his issues don't seem like just normal NFL rookie stuff.

quote:

lmao, yeah you're totally right. In my head I was thinking top 10 picks, but even then Lance didn't have a season and near top 10 picks like Slater/Parsons opted out too.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Chase had like 4 drops on 5 targets. It's worrying

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I am offended by all of whatever this is. Thank you.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Guys idk I just feel like maybe tonight I might count out Touchdown Tom what do y'all think

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I kinda feel bad for Chase because he accidently gave an honest answer and now is getting killed for it.

He's not gonna drop balls forever, what would concern me is the reports that he wasn't separating well in camp. Then I hear "well separation wasn't really part of his game" which is also concerning for a top 5 pick

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

blarzgh posted:

Guys idk I just feel like maybe tonight I might count out Touchdown Tom what do y'all think

Hey, it's your funeral.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
LET'S loving GOOOOOOO!!!!!

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1435815226948026371?s=20

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm counting in Downtown Dak

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Today is football day

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Big Beef City posted:

I am offended by all of whatever this is. Thank you.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Cowboys are overrated and overmatched and will lose badly.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hyped

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

:hmmno:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

AndrewP posted:

I kinda feel bad for Chase because he accidently gave an honest answer and now is getting killed for it.

He's not gonna drop balls forever, what would concern me is the reports that he wasn't separating well in camp. Then I hear "well separation wasn't really part of his game" which is also concerning for a top 5 pick

His whole thing was Anquan Boldin but faster so an inability to catch is what I'd be most concerned about.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Bucs will look like a joke if they don't win by at least 2 possessions

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

As a Ravens fan I have made an art form out of coming up with excuses for receivers playing badly so I'm pretty used to them, but "the ball looks different" is a novel one. I'll give him points for creativity.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Is there anyone on the Cowboys defense likely to do us all a big favour tonight?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Didn't mean to imply he was a N'Keal Harry level player, just noting that he was selected before AJ Brown. Even if he does develop into a Pro Bowler, though, he's still a second rounder!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Bucs will look like a joke if they don't win by at least 2 possessions

they're gonna lose by 15.