Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
There’s a joke about the Cowboys playing in Tampa being the closest they’ll ever get to a super bowl again but I can’t flesh it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Manoueverable posted:

Because 28-3 exists (thank God). Also, not to re-litigate, but right idea, bad playcall, bad throw, great individual play, not as shameful as it seems at first blush.

Pretty shameful though.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The problem is everyone counted out Touchdown Tom at halftime. So many people were saying “hahahahaha get hosed Brady!!!!” and stuff with obviously plenty of time left.

Never count out Touchdown Tom.

This thread will still make this mistake and that’s why he’s in his mid-40s still slinging it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

You could probably get a trainer to offer him some mystery performance enhancing juice and he would allow it without any questions.

It’s one of the things I’ve noticed about anti-covid vax people. It’s literally the only thing they feel this way about.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I hope it ends at halftime and they spend an entire part 7 on just the second half.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mega64 posted:

How loving long does it take to educate yourself on a vaccine?

Like eight years that’s why I listen to doctors and scientists about it.

I know you didn’t mean it this way but this is generally my approach to stuff like this. I have no fuckin idea and I don’t plan to find out — we already have experts to do that for me.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Has any RB ever had back to back 2k yard seasons? I’m 99% sure it has never happened.

But my bold prediction for the year is Derrick Henry will get another 2k yard season.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

fartknocker posted:

This is the same guy who screams for a flag if a defensive player so much as breathes on him.

Why wouldn’t you get free yards if you can get free yards

This is why Tom is a winner and everyone else is a loser.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

fartknocker posted:

Begging for the football cops to bail you out is bad and dumb.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The Bucs are the team everyone just forgets about when they suck. Including the fan.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What if the 2001 Patriots played the 2020 Bucs?

HOW WOULD I NOT COUNT OUT TOUCHDOWN TOM AT SOME POINT???

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Nice! posted:

have any other two teams played each other 4 times or more in the superbowl?

Posting from the future

Tom Brady and the Bucs vs the Chiefs :getin:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Yes it is and the Ravens have a 1-0 playoff record against the Giants and also the 49ers. But you don't play the other conference teams that often. For instance the Ravens have played 11 of the AFC teams in the playoffs sometimes multiple times. But only two of the NFC teams and one single time each.

Yes that is the playoffs.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Vick is, to me, a prime example of how ignorance can cause people to do horrible things and how someone can sincerely learn from their mistakes, as a result I don’t hold the dog fighting against him anymore.

I also can’t think of a player that me and every single one of my friends thought was cooler than Atlanta Falcons Michael Vick. He had the same effect on pickup football that Michael Jordan had on pickup basketball.

Impact on the game should be enough imho but I completely understand why it isn’t.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

tarbrush posted:

I don't think it's the protection that's the issue, it's the amount of times that he extends the play into the "treated as a runner" ruleset. If they could convince him to abandon going for first downs if he's going to take a hit he'd last a lot longer, but it feels like he's not (yet) willing to do that.

I don’t think the Chiefs make any Super Bowls without Mahomes being exactly what he is.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Practice squad should be named covid replacement squad.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Metapod posted:

What does this even mean? Yes anything that happened before 1998 isn't relevant anymore it doesn't matter. Really anything before there being 32 teams does not matter.

If you’re willing to move the bar in your own post then I think it’s fair to say there’s no consensus.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
E: misread whoopsie

E2 actually no I’ll post it anyway

People still say Mossed even in high schools.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Sep 6, 2021

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Diva Cupcake posted:

Did I miss something here? Did he get a DUI or something?
https://twitter.com/McShay13/status/1435292036391784454

This weekend he sounded like he was either drunk or having a stroke on air.

E: I just went and looked at the video again (it’s floating around Twitter) and he sounds like he’s gonna cry in the clip that is making its rounds.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I guess if we are taking the bait

Maybe it’s because I live so close to Baltimore but I got the impression that people love Lamar Jackson.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

But how low is too low for the Lions this year?

No one has ever gone 0-17 before.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The reason the Eagles are the correct choice is because clownball is so bad that it is chaotic and unpredictable.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
This is exactly why I’m not in the nfl right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A suspect in what?

They’ll let you know after they check their fantasy rosters.