Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

ram dass in hell posted:

you're spending your time and posting energy to nitpick the finer political views of the rape victim, the meme is hyperbole to highlight the absurd participation in rape culture when you join in the chorus of insufferable monsters doing the same thing you are instead of doing literally anything else. you don't have to attack rose for being a rich person. you're choosing to.

what does critiquing her stance on teachers' unions have to do with her being a rape victim?

rose is right and cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I’m confused. how isn’t she a lib?

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

https://i.imgur.com/Gfz0tsZ.mp4

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

working against Newsom is good but maybe endorsing another rapist psycho is bad lol

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
People voting between a friend of pedophiles and an abusive spouse can be said of every America election tbh

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

DesertIslandHermit posted:

People voting between a friend of pedophiles and an abusive spouse can be said of every America election tbh

perhaps the same could be said of all religions.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ArfJason posted:

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

ArfJason posted:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I gotta say I kinda like this Rose McGowan lady, she seems pretty cool, Larry Elder sucks but whatever he's not going to probably hold office anywhere, and that's okay too. I'm looking forward to both of their future endeavors, whatever they may be.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

ArfJason posted:

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

my bony fealty posted:

working against Newsom is good but maybe endorsing another rapist psycho is bad lol

Working against Newsom is good but maybe working against Newsom is bad lol

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Why is her stance on unions even mentioned in passing in a thread about her being mad about abuse? There's only one reason to even bring it up, and that's to subconsciously imply she deserved it for being a bad person.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Why is her stance on unions even mentioned in passing in a thread about her being mad about abuse? There's only one reason to even bring it up, and that's to subconsciously imply she deserved it for being a bad person.

can't believe we're posting about a person in a thread devoted to that person

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

she introduced larry eldar as the guy who taught her how corrupt and evil teachers unions are, nobody would have known she is anti-teacher union until she said so on national tv at a press conference

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
All he probably had to do was tell her SAG and the teacher's union are in fact the same union

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005

i'm sorry for your brain

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

End the unions.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

ArfJason posted:

What is a Dem? A miserable little pile of sex pests!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Organ Fiend posted:

Working against Newsom is good but maybe working against Newsom is bad lol

naw the recall doesnt work like that

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

"you shouldn't speak out against unions," i declare, standing bravely in front of the members of the police and/or correctional officers' unions

some unions are poo poo. some unions use their power to protect abusers and some unions negotiate away their members' right to collective action like the broward county teachers' unions. i'm not familiar with the politics of the california teachers' union(s), but it's real possible that they're as lovely or shittier than the broward teachers' union and actually do need to be wholly rooted out and replaced.

teachers in broward county are forbidden from striking. gently caress the teachers' union for negotiating that away.

whats up

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oh man envious of the people who just getting up and have 100+ posts in the Rose McGowan thread to read

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

StashAugustine posted:

can't believe we're posting about a person in a thread devoted to that person

How disingenuous. This isn't a general Rose McGown thread.

While discussing her fight against rape culture, we didn't derail into a discussion about her film career. Instead some of her dumb views on unions are brought up. Why? Seems like a non sequitur.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lady Militant posted:

she introduced larry eldar as the guy who taught her how corrupt and evil teachers unions are, nobody would have known she is anti-teacher union until she said so on national tv at a press conference

Sure. The broken woman with bad brain has some bad takes. Since it's not relevant to the discussion at hand beyond proving she's a bad person it could just be ignored.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

a.p. dent posted:

i'm sorry for your brain

Thank you. Please pray for me as well.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I think the fundamental flaw with people bashing Rose is that they're implying there's a difference between Larry Elder and Gavin Newsom. Both are far right reactionaries and I don't see any difference in the way they'll govern. Rose probably realizes this.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Chuka Umana posted:

I think the fundamental flaw with people bashing Rose is that they're implying there's a difference between Larry Elder and Gavin Newsom. Both are far right reactionaries and I don't see any difference in the way they'll govern. Rose probably realizes this.

this but unironically

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

my bony fealty posted:

If she doesn't have the power to take down both, but can use one to take down the other, then that seems like a net-positive. In an ideal world, it might even have a "chilling effect" on people with political ambitions, preventing them from molesting people for fear of what it might do to their careers. Encouraging the ruling class to air each other's dirty laundry for short-term political gain also seems like a good thing.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

this but unironically

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

If she doesn't have the power to take down both, but can use one to take down the other, then that seems like a net-positive. In an ideal world, it might even have a "chilling effect" on people with political ambitions, preventing them from molesting people for fear of what it might do to their careers. Encouraging the ruling class to air each other's dirty laundry for short-term political gain also seems like a good thing.

trying to take down one bad guy by endorsing another bad guy isn’t a net positive.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

why don't you go suck another one of Glenn's cumloads out of a homeless brazillan teens rear end, you fat human being

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

and here it is lol

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

rose mcgowan seems cool

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

With recent developments I'm glad this thread will be a magnet for sickos and weirdos in the days to come just like glenn thread

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Sure. The broken woman with bad brain has some bad takes. Since it's not relevant to the discussion at hand beyond proving she's a bad person it could just be ignored.

who is trying to ignore rose mcgowan in the rose mcgowan thread. i take off topic posting very seriously and i WILL report them to the mods

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Wheeee posted:

rose mcgowan seems cool

I agree I think she has a real shot here

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 100 days!
i tried to warn you and look what happened

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

FBI agent assigned to this thread considering sucking God out of the barrel of their service pistol

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

SorePotato posted:

FBI agent assigned to this thread considering sucking a load of semen out of the rear end of a journalist

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Preparing for incoming tweetstorms when the recall gets crushed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Yossarian-22 posted:

Preparing for incoming tweetstorms when the recall gets crushed
the dogshit sex-offender protecting party will win just because it's california and their victims will be crushed and driven away because they're vindictive and evil. the senile republican senator that lies about their party affiliation won't be replaced by an honest one, and newsome will keep slaughtering the state's population.

*gasps* what do you call this production?!?!

The Democrats!