Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Hi, everybody. I was going to have some edibles to celebrate the half-day at work, but 1) I'm already super tired, and 2) the chances that my mom will call are higher than usual. I'm just going to soberly watch Whitest Kids U Know until I get bored and then tomorrow will be Edible Day.

Big Beef City posted:

I'm getting Jamaican jerk chicken, beans and rice, and Caribbean stewed cabbage from a place that runs out of a cinder block shop that does live music.

Friggin deal with all of that

Ya know, I live in a neighborhood filled with Caribbean & West African food, and I really should eat it more. It is very good. I'm just too bougie & lazy to deal with meat on the bones. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Big Beef City posted:

Do you just eat chicken tendies and burgs every time you order out or what the gently caress is the deal here?

Oh yeah, totally. After all, there obviously isn't any other way to eat boneless chicken or beef. :shrug:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I got caught leaving early by the drat CEO last Friday, and now the CEO is here, so I'm worried that I might have made him suspicious of all of my other coworkers :smithicide:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

It’s a real good Friday today because I’m on vacation next week :blastu:

Same here! :hfive: What are your plans?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Sadly, mostly fixing poo poo around the house and doing all the fall yard work that’s been piling up. You?

Grocery shopping, brunch with mom, edibles, then flying to the Faroe Islands on Thursday for fun & adventure :)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Our CEO came into the office three times this week and said that he was going to try to come in more often because he missed people.

:geno:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

If he misses everyone so much he should pay you more

We actually got stipends for remote work, to help us build our home offices. As someone with a one-bedroom apartment who worked in my living room for 13 months, I was overjoyed to go back to working in an office.

Hopefully he'll go back to realizing that working from home is awesome for someone like him. I mean, he's a CEO -- I wouldn't be surprised if he had a whole home office room/study/den/whatever.

edit: he just ordered us lunch so that's cool, but now I'm paranoid that he read my posts :ohdear:

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 22, 2021

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Code Jockey posted:

ooo what did you get?

I am puffing on a Purple Champagne cart and it is DELICIOUS. Also doing the trick, but gonna hit the edibles now..

Took a "cbd" peanut butter cup which, despite supposedly being 30:1 cbd to thc, hit me like a freight train last time. High hopes for today's lol

Revins posted:

Some AK 47, which I remember liking a lot in the past. Nice hybrid strain

Code Jockey posted:

Nice! Reminds me of the wedding cake I just had. Planning to buy a lot next time I go, I think that is My Flower Strain

I'm still enough of a weed n00b that I can't really tell the difference between strains. :shobon: That said, the strains I currently have (in pretty small amounts) are, like...biscotti something or other, and something to do with lemon strawberry. I don't know, they both sounded food-y. Does that ring a bell for anyone? Can any of you tell me whether or not I'm being scammed?

Also, if I hadn't already nuked my brain with edible rice & beans on Wednesday in a WILDLY successful effort to get rid of cramps, I would consider edibles for this weekend, but nope.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
There was some guy around here in another Friday-themed thread (I think) who posted pictures of his little black kitten Diana and I can't find this poster and it's driving me insane

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Yeeeeeesssss thank you so much :kimchi:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It's Friday and I have homework to catch up on from like..... 3 weeks ago. The semester ends next week.

Here's some kitten news. This little fucker has been on a rampage this Friday morning. Jesus christ he was driving me insane. He finally wore himself out about a half hour ago.

He's adorable! What's his name? :D

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Ha, nice :haw:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I have a phone screen at 4 today. Looking for jobs sucks.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Big Beef City posted:

Also this cat is fantastic and shows all signs of being a prime specimen of being launched in our costume chutes to the deepest trenches of the ocean where all cats long to be, it can perhaps scout out new and un-explored locations for future cats to be at the depths that they desire) miles below the oceans surfae

I agree, but I think we need more pictures of him to fully confirm that he is exactly as good as we both think he is. We just need to be extra sure, you know?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

should get arsenic lupin in here posting the two cats from the friday forum thread after friday forum closes imo

Agreed, Diana and Byakko are truly wonderful :kimchi:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've been getting tired in the early evening and have been taking 2 hour naps. Every single time I lay down on my couch he jumps on me and sleeps there the whole time I'm asleep. :3:

Aw, he's protecting you :unsmith:

As for the toilet paper, my first cat did that once and never did it again, and my current cat doesn't do it at all. I lucked out.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I have a ticket to an Unleash the Archers show tonight, and I'm like...eh... :ohdear:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
It doesn't feel like Friday because Thursday was our last day before winter break, but it's a nice surprise for it to be Friday :)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

cnut posted:

Pizza in the oven, beer in the fridge and weed in the bag lol, going to be a good lunch/afternoon.

My weed's in the fridge (yay butter!), but otherwise, yup. :hfive:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
It's Friday, time to work from home and miscalculate how long it takes for the edible to digest and accidentally get high during my company's weekly all-hands meeting

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
The people upstairs are playing music so loud & bassy that I can literally feel it in my drat bones.

bagmonkey posted:

We are Gus Postin, I repeat, we are Gus Postin!

What a sweet little old lady :kimchi:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
As someone who went to (and thoroughly enjoyed) an Amon Amarth concert last night, I can't in good conscience recommend doom metal to anyone trying to spruce up their weekend.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Philthy posted:

got tix to monday show

used to be way into them, but kinda meh about metal as of late but im hoping it'll pull me back in

Even when I haven't been in a metal mood in general, I'm almost always in the mood for a metal show, and the show last night was awesome except for the part where I overheated & passed out :black101:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Every Friday I ask myself the same question: edibles or smokes? :420:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

dlrry posted:

Smokes for today, eddies for tomorrow. :angel:

I'm visiting my grandmother tomorrow, so I'm going to have to stay sober :sigh:

:rip:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
My guests for my St. Patrick's Day housewarming party still haven't started arriving yet...

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Nooner posted:

Whiskey jello shots??

Hell yeah

Also, I accidentally made them gigantic (5 oz cups) and ultra-potent (3/4 cup Jameson & 1/4 cup water, instead of half & half) :stare:

Bad Purchase posted:

seems like a good idea to me

:)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Eh, nah

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Maybe this is a controversial opinion or something, but if you say "yes" to an invite to a party and you decline literally three hours after it starts, you're kind of an rear end in a top hat. :shrug:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Merry "end of this heat wave in NYC" Eve! This heat makes me want to die :suicide:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Saalkin posted:

This warmth and sunlight is amazing. Imma bbq tonight.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself.

Happy birthday, majestic puppy! :toot:

rear end-penny posted:

:yeshaha: happy birthday

This is my baby

So much fluff :kimchi:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Good morrow, kind sirs and sirettes.

Anyway, I was just reading Wikipedia's list of Frankish queens like a totally normal person and wondering why names like Judith & Emma are still a thing but names like Liutgard & Richilde aren't.

edit: :ninja:

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Apr 28, 2023

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

bagmonkey posted:

Fartin outta my rear end on this blessed Friday OPs

Well, I hope you're not farting out of anywhere else

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Sid Vicious posted:

tomorrow is my birthday can we celebrate today here in the Friday thread thanks

happy almost-birthday :toot:

AARD VARKMAN posted:

it's payday and im hungover time to get groceries delivered. anything you'ns think I should add?

doritos

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

satanic splash-back posted:

Wishing someone a happy birthday if it isn't their birthday is scientifically proven to be bad for the person

even worse than cheers-ing with a non-alcoholic beverage

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Wendigee posted:

Bean chips? Wtf.

Anyway get the hummus with the spicy red goop on top

I love hummus so much, but chickpeas give me so much gas :negative:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Chinatown posted:

Flying to New York City next Friday. :D

Welcome in advance :)

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I had a chicken quesadilla :toot:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Good Friday morning to my fellow east coast USians

I fully intend to spend at least MOST of the day consuming edibles & playing video games because my uterus has made it too painful to move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
F is for gently caress yeah it's Robert Loggia
R is for Robert Loggia
I is for I love Robert Loggia...