Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

didn't follow super closely, so could be missing part of the story, but i don't think he did anything abusive. mostly he just got metoo'ed in a way that made him look ultra pathetic instead of like a sex pest. it was obviously super humiliating, and therefore is probably the pinnacle of his career in comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Spinz posted:

Thanks! A lot of it is here

OP THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED IN PICTORIAL FORM FOR YOU!!!!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3926577

:lol::lol::lol:

click that link immediately

edit: there was also a link to the original story about the date in that thread, which is dead now, but I found it on archive.org: https://web.archive.org/web/20180725225240/https://babe.net/2018/01/13/aziz-ansari-28355

This is way worse than I remember, what a gross pushy creep.

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 10, 2021

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Crespolini posted:

She complained that he ordered white wine with the fish instead of red, and I don't feel people talked enough about how hosed up a complaint that is.

Toplowtech posted:

He actually had the perfect selection of wine for the seafood. White wine. Her constant complaining about the lack of red made her sound like a wino mom. The rest of the date was still poo poo so yeah.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Lol red wine with fish gently caress outta here

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Yea red wine with fish is straight loving nasty

This isn't what happened though. She didn't complain about the wine served with dinner. She complained about the wine he offered her at his apartment before they left for dinner, which was white. Here's what she wrote:

quote:

After arriving at his apartment in Manhattan on Monday evening, they exchanged small talk and drank wine. “It was white,” she said. “I didn’t get to choose and I prefer red, but it was white wine.” Then Ansari walked her to Grand Banks, an Oyster bar onboard a historic wooden schooner on the Hudson River just a few blocks away.

It's still a ridiculous and petty thing to complain about, especially in the context of the rest of her grievances, but nobody involved is guilty of the severe crime of pairing red wine with seafood.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Life is different for rich people I guess, but drat, how many bottles of wine is a single person living in an apartment supposed to have open at once? That's a rhetorical question and the answer is one unless you're having a party.

If someone comes over to my place and I've got a bottle of any wine open, that's what I'm gonna offer. I'm not gonna open a 2nd bottle just so you can have 1 glass before we go out (unless the 1st is almost empty anyway). No way I'm gonna be able to finish the two bottles before they start to go bad, but I guess I'm also not enough into wine to have a vacuum sealing contraption or whatever is needed to keep it good for more than half a week after opening.

It's incredible how that one sentence about not being offered red wine at his apartment undermines the rest so much. I bet the author shared it with a bunch of her friends and at least one editor before putting it online. Did everyone who reviewed it agree that she had a legitimate complaint? Did they miss how entitled and spoiled it made her sound? It could've been removed and changed absolutely nothing about the story other than improving her credibility.

The other thing in the article that really stood out is the way she said he kept jamming his fingers down her throat and then immediately trying to finger her. Pushing your fingers into someone's mouth on a first date a minute after you start making out is some weird poo poo. And he did it multiple times by her account. Hey, let me just swab up as much of the bacteria from the very back of your tongue and throat with my v-shaped claw, then push it waaay up inside you. Then right back into your mouth again. At least ask if a person is comfortable with that before you do it on a first date. Definitely guilty.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

If you just recork the bottle and refrigerate it, the wine will start tasting like vinegar by day 5, or sooner depending on the type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Lmao what, that's crazy it's nowhere near that fast

It does happen that fast. I don't mean it tastes like literal vinegar, I mean it starts to pick up some vinegar flavor around that time and tastes off, and continues getting worse and worse every day after. I'm not a wine snob or anything. I buy maybe 5-10 bottles per year and pretty much only drink on weekends, so it's pretty common that I end up with some leftover in the fridge for 5 or 6 days, and it's usually not good anymore at that point.

I just googled "how long does wine last after opening" and in the entire first page of results, all the answers are between 2 and 7 days, with most in the middle.