Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Wait is it the Nu or the Omicron variant that's the problem? Both? I've seen both being talked about but I'm not sure if folks are getting them mixed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Omicron lining up with the biggest holiday of the year seems less than ideal.

Are the Binax tests just a mouth swab or do you have to scrape your brain like the ones I've had done? Not sure I can do that to myself.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Riptor posted:

this "brain scrape" poo poo is the same as calling masks "face diapers" or whatever. It's not the most comfortable thing in the world but it's a necessary step towards safety. Grow up

The test is fine I’ve had several, but there’s no way I could do that to myself

enki42 posted:

I think it's reasonable to not think you'd be capable of self-administering a deep nasal PCR test. I sure as gently caress couldn't. And while necessary, I think it's fair to say that they suck. I've had two cystoscopies in the past year and at least for me, the brain tickler PCR tests were more uncomfortable than those were.

Yeah this

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Cabbages and Kings posted:

highlander ii is definitely the worst thing the franchise ever produced and is also the worst movie Sean Connery was in by miles

And somehow the Highlander Anime OVA was the best thing the franchise ever produced after the original somehow??? What a franchise

So is there any consensus on the fourth shot? It seems like there isn't a whole lot of guidance on it?

I got the booster 5 months ago and I haven't really kept up with things.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 3, 2022

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So is this the Plague Megathread or should there be a separate thread for this?

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1550850921428656132

Very frustrating to see the same mistakes being made with regards to this because it's primarily being spread between MLM at this point even though we know it's not an STD!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

A big flaming stink posted:

Au contraire!

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1550459483113095168?t=lDvFBPWyCWoi3Ho4PeEUUA&s=19

Love to purposely spread online disinformation so when kids start being infected en masse in September queer people are targeted worse than reagens admin!

yeah they're already ramping up into it

https://twitter.com/caitlinmoriah/status/1551227872584429568

Satanic Panic 2.0 here we go :smith:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

buglord posted:

BA4/5 booster pioneers, how hard was it to get an appointment? Or can you just walk in to any decrepit CVS/Walgreens and ask for one? Debating trying my luck after work but I don’t know the process yet. Or maybe I should hold off longer like Fauci said until indoor/cuddle season kicks in. Decisions.

Calling CVS to figure out if they had it was a hassle (they got it this am), scheduling the appointment online was trivial.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

If it’s anything like my experience with the booster you have exactly 20 hours to plan on spending the next 20 I’m bed when the boneitis kicks in

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 8, 2022

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Summit posted:

Guys the bivalent booster wrecked me. I figured the 4th shot would get easier but NOPE.

Yeah same here, the boneitis kicked in even faster (it took about a day the first time, 4 hours later this time), and the fever hit me real hard the following night.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Shot 1 was whatever
Shot 2 I felt achy and tired with a headache the next day
The booster kicked in after like 20 hours and I spent the next 20 in bed with chills, fever, headache, and muscle aches
The bivalent booster suffering was similar to the booster but it started faster (like 4 hours) and I also was better faster (after 24 hours).

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

TealShark posted:

The latest variant has started to spread quite rapidly in North America (I can’t figure out why, we’re so cautious!), so I’m sure it’s just them going into full panic mode that mandatory lock downs at gunpoint with forced microchip injections are coming back, or whatever weird reality existed in their heads over the past few years.

So there a new variant going around? My brother and his whole family got it last week and afaik they're as vaxxed as can be.

Is this one they were aware of with the fall vaccine update?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I AM GRANDO posted:

I just showed up for the vaccination appointment I made over a week ago, and they told me they had run out several days ago. I guess CVS doesn’t limit their appointments based on supply and just gives vaccinations to anyone who stops by and asks for one regardless of whether they have an appointment. Now I’m going to Walgreen’s next week.

I had to cancel my appointment for tomorrow this morning (I just got over the worst GI bug in like 10 years and I could not handle another round of boneitis that quickly) and CVS just texted me saying they didn't have it anyways :rolleyes:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Got the new booster yesterday, feel like crap today but not as bad as the 3rd and 4th shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I AM GRANDO posted:

I had been doing Pfizer for everything until this booster, where I got Moderna. Pfizer never gave me a reaction but the Moderna made me feel gross and tired and gave me a headache for one day. No idea if the brand makes a difference and not that bad, all things considered.

All Pfizer here for whatever it’s worth