Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ermahgerd comirnaty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Mercury is way denser than water so 8 pounds of it occupies far less volume

e: sorry, meant to post in the physics 101 thread, I'm trying to delete it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mooseontheloose posted:

I think the problem is that no one knows how to get through to them. Approaching with kindness and a warm heart, for lack of a better term, is met with resistance and derision. Humiliating them makes them victims and pushes them further into the conspiracy theory. Just coldly telling people the truth is met with fingers in the ears. What more can people do?

Yeah at some point you have to admit that their desire and ability to harm themselves exceeds yours to stop them. At that point your choices are basically despair, gallows humor, or convincing yourself they're doing it for a good reason you just aren't aware of. This forum tends to choose 2 while the punditry chooses 3.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Gotta admit, as a solution to the problem of unvaxxed covid patients taking treatment resources away from non-covid care, this isn't half bad

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

What color code is it when this happens?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
5-11 year olds aren't making their own medical decisions so I'd expect it to closely match the vaccination rates of their parents

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's neuropathy with diabetes, not neuropathy from diabetes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
NYS actually listed "got the J&J vaccine" as a risk factor that can get you a Moderna or Pfizer booster

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
And to think I once supported that man for host of Jeopardy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Good, we have way too many deer right now

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Professor Beetus posted:

JFC old people really suck at staying alive huh? Better not get old, goons, it seems dangerous.

That stat is probably almost entirely driven by falls consisting of tripping, breaking a bone, and dying from the complications, not because they were doing anything that would be normally considered "risky"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Wang Commander posted:

They're skipping Nu and Xi

It’s gonna be so badass when we hit COVID OMEGA tho

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They combine to form Deltacron, who I believe was last defeated by the Autobots in one of the later G1 seasons

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

smoobles posted:

So if I cover my face with a dozen slices of cheese, I'm safe from covid? This is an NPI I can get behind...

Only if your friends can slap cheese slices onto your face faster than the rats crawling on your face can eat them, if I'm understanding that diagram right

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Solkanar512 posted:

Is Tennis big enough (like say FIFA or the IOC) domestically to put their thumb on the scales?

All evidence points to Tennis thinking it is but being wrong

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

lil poopendorfer posted:

FDR put the Japanese in camps using his emergency powers, I'm sure the current administration could think of something.

Yes, let's take what is widely considered one of the worst uses of federal power in US history as our aspirational model

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Finally an irresistible incentive to get vaccinated

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Covid-19 doesn't want to be anthropomorphized

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I can’t wait until 2023, when omicron will be killing trillions of people every day

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What if the wolves also get covid

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

gay picnic defence posted:

Just mix up all their snot and put it on a single test strip. Then if it pops a positive you just have to guess which one has it.

If it pops positive, test 3 of them together. If that's negative, test 2 of the remaining 4. If that's positive, test 1 of the group. If it's negative, test 1 of the 2 you didn't test. If the 3-test is positive, test 2 and then either it's the remaining one (negative) or do another test with 1 of the 2 (positive)

Assuming only one of them has it, of course

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
And losing weight is still easier than keeping it off for a long time

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Careful, if we hit COVID OMEGA we get an immediate game over

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Stickman posted:

Just look at how long the effects of leaded gas took to pinpoint.

That didn't actually take very long at all, doing something about it took decades because of all the business interests involved

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

That uninsured percentage is pretty interesting, quite a low number but not because they don't want to be vaccinated.

I wonder how much of that number is people who don't know or won't believe that it's free

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
One night of minor chills for J&J, zero notable effects for Moderna booster

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Homo sapiens sapiens evolves into homo sapiens influenzae. We are all walking bags of assorted viruses

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If you want to be told what to do, get the booster unless your doctor (no one else) gave you a specific reason not to (uncertainty doesn't count)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's about as deep and uncomfortable as a good thorough nose picking session, and the reward is certainty about your covid status. Just get it over with

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Absolutely no side effects. A slightly sore injection site the next day but that was it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They're talking about the difference between sterilizing and non-sterilizing immunity, if you want the official googleable terms

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
no

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

VitalSigns posted:

This is probably a stupid question, but if being unvaccinated makes you immune to covid, what was putting all those people in the ICU prior to February 2021 or so when the general public started receiving the vaccines?

All those people were part of the closed vaccine trials, obviously

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ponzicar posted:

Vintage Covid Shitter would make a great username.

More of a bespoke artisanal covid shitter

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It is likely covid shots will settle into the same pattern as flu shots- every year there is an updated booster that strongly counters last year's dominant strains and is probably somewhat effective against this year's new strains

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I did Walgreens today and it went perfectly. Not even sore and I can feel the extra 5G bars already

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Deep state :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Remember that goon who posted a troll about how he got so many covid shots his blood turned into vaccine?

It may not have been a troll

quote:

Here, we report on a 62-year-old male hypervaccinated individual from Magdeburg, Germany (HIM), who deliberately and for private reasons received 217 vaccinations against SARS-CoV-2 within a period of 29 months (figure A; appendix 1 tab 1). HIM's hypervaccination occurred outside of a clinical study context and against national vaccination recommendations. Evidence for 130 vaccinations in a 9 month period was collected by the public prosecutor of Magdeburg, Germany, who opened an investigation of this case with the allegation of fraud, but criminal charges were not filed. 108 vaccinations are individually recorded and partly overlap with the total of 130 prosecutor-confirmed vaccinations (appendix 2 p 12).

The person doesn't seem to have suffered any ill effects* or ever caught covid, so what are we all waiting for

*I guess the vaccine blood part was just a troll after all