Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i had to wear a jacket today, so i don't think climate change is real after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-anabfAg06U&t=4s

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

tuyop posted:

KSR is rich, so.

terminal lib brain, very sad

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

RIP Syndrome posted:

Hey Bernie, we fixed it

there it is, again, that funny feeling

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

someone please post that video of various climate disasters with the bo burnham song, i thought i save the link but alas

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Serf posted:

kinda glad i didn't go with my childhood dream of being an entomologist

same but marine biology :lmao:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/1261004586359422979?s=20

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Xaris posted:

people eat 21g a week from teh most recent study -- although i wouldnt be surprised to see that significantly higher in some populations and less so in others. famously titled "credit card a week". a good portion of that is probably just going to pass through, the other portion absorbed into your cells like lipids, liver, who knows.

21 grams.... the wieght of a soul leaving its' body... makes u think

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

boofing gengineered saccharomyces cerevisiae to give myself microplastic fueled auto brewery syndrome

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

life in plastic
it's fantastic

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Rectal Death Adept posted:

yeah, idiots

weather aren't emotions

F5 tornados dont care about your feelings

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Xaris posted:

It was largely considered "inert". aka completely harmless being said of: "if you eat it you just poop it straight out". "it lasts forever and is non-reactive, and therefore it's good and safe."

i would amend that only to say that we the public were told, repeatedly and very loudly, that it was inert. im bone certain there were researchers inside the oil n gas suck and gently caress fiesta that knew it was Real Bad but that got buried under a mountain of us dollars

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

err posted:

No sacrifice is ever discussed.

It's simply 'technology will save us and I will be able to maintain my stupid wasteful lifestyle.'

gently caress it, everyone will experience forced sacrifice instead.

just wait friend, once cold fusion is achieved we'll be growing kobe in our basements

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

black bean patties are right there and people are still all about eating animals even if they are gross fingernail bugs

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Just picture Al Pacino screaming "GATTACA" over and over again.

:lmao:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

balancing out my steak dinner with the 'if its yellow let it mellow' doctrine, please form an orderly line to kiss my feet

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

today was a good day to finish reading parable of the sower for the first time

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

the correct time to sell any investment or property is the last time you were able to before you realized no one will buy it anymore

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

the planet is simply undergoing puberty, please do not draw attention to temporary unsightly blemishes

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Car Hater posted:

"After this I'll destroy the sun!" the mad ape contentedly thought to itself.

its important to have goals

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

we need to automate the train cleaning process so that more people can feel comfortable throwing themselves in front of trains. no, we will not provide new jobs for the prior train cleaners, why do you ask?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

sometimes i hope hell is real

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Lost Time posted:

If we don't degrowth willingly, then the biosphere will just have to help us to it.

https://kmph.com/news/local/wildfire-smoke-is-blocking-central-valley-crops-from-the-sun

This will not be a good decade for agriculture the planet over. Then again it will probably be the best one remaining for all alive, so there's that lol.

"on average, we live well!"

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

maybe the plastic is making us healthier. we don't know, we should follow the science and find out

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Rime posted:

LMAO the moratorium on new energy leases in the Gulf of Mexico, intended to block further O&G development, applies to Wind Farms. I'm dying.

No plans whatsoever in Canada in the next decade.

Barely 3GW of offshore planned on the West Coast by 2030.

Good poo poo, good poo poo. The LMAO's are real.

energy is energy, Rime, it's only fair.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

I am often imagining four balls slapping against each other

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/davidshrigley/status/1451064321392402438?s=20

:same:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

~~that unapparent summer air in early fall~~

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

time is fake

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

still a bop even if nuclear disaster is too little too late

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rKC7ElkTUQ

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

im deep in the D4 red on that map, on a multi-house well system and because of ~zoning~ some wealthy fucks down the watershed have been allowed to put in loving vineyards. none of this poo poo is monitored and everyone in the community is just :shrug: because 99% of them will be dust by the time the tab for this comes due

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

walking into the poison store to buy juniper flavored poison; or, perhaps, the poison with brown sugar to go with the mint i've grown in plastic buckets: "sure am glad mushrooms are illegal to grow"

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

we should simply invent and deploy Screamers

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

vyelkin posted:

I honestly had trouble following who did and didn't want one (because I am very stupid), so for the sake of my sanity just quote this post if you want a sixer with a bdelloid rotifer as the image

little late but this guy cheers the soul, please button me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

bdelloid rotifer for earth overlord

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

maybe the sky mercury will seed clouds to cool us down

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

i like to watch restorations of old iron and steel mechanisms, so i guess the algorithm decided this was cool too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z979l_7EcpE

nothing against this particular uploader, i'm sure you can find hundreds of similar videos. this project is totally insignificant in the grand scheme. hundreds and hundreds of meters of epoxy fibers lathed off, plus all those polishing particles, to produce one cool-looking useless vase thing. this is not a measurable percent of any small city's pollution production. the sun will rise tomorrow.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Oglethorpe posted:

this is why you do not use a soda can to smoke weed

sending this message back in time to my slightly-less-brain-damaged teenage self

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Hubbert posted:

hey guys tell us about your cool spring projects :unsmith:

my gardening projects have been strangled by a dominant family member's insistence on planting non-edible (often poisonous), non-native, and drought-intolerant plants on every square inch of flat land on our admittedly inhospitable bit of property. they've spent years putting roundup on everything and pouring literally thousands of dollars into two lovely patches of lawn that are not used for anything other than walking across and mowing. i hate them so loving much and they refuse to even entertain the prospect of change. my project is not killing myself and some cilantro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Fly Molo posted:

jesus christ

whats cool is knowing there were lots of people present who are ostensibly morally aligned with you who did not act to stop this, or who were shouted down by their peers while trying to prevent the crime

e: this is not a specific attack at fly molo, we are all complicit every waking moment but this is a peak