Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

nikosoft posted:

First step: We need to prioritize unlocking the purple research cubes.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

IAMKOREA posted:

The full terrifying weight of this statement will become lmao after the next chapter

Koirhor posted:

now thats a solid thread title

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

The Protagonist posted:

Everyone knows that that is its butt, right?? I mean, it's an incredible face-butt but I feel like some posters might have missed this amazing fact in the shuffle

:thejoke:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Everyone's afraid to say it but birds poop on us

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Too long couldn't breathe

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Are you going to snort that poo poo or what?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

my wife subbed for a highschool english class and the teacher left an assignment to write what your dreams for the future are. They all laughed when she announced it to the class. She powered through and gave some examples like having kids and a family or being successful and they were like "lol the kids are hosed" loving highschool students. LMAO NOT A GOOD SIGN FOLKS

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Thinking about getting micro plastered

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lmao just heard someone on Bloomberg say our power line capacity can't meet our ev vehicle demands

Lmao

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lmao

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

We're first playthrough of oxygen not included levels of hosed lmao

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Not even just output, the loving lines can't carry it

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

empty whippet box posted:

did anything like this happen last year? just trying to gauge how terrifying this is exactly

Fly Molo posted:

lol new thread title

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Biosphere prolapse

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Manned space exploration for the exploitation and colonization of space is the destiny and birthright of mankind. There has never been, to my recollection, any serious arguments put forward that the belief of "inevitable human progress" is "detached from reality"; and discussing such topics does not distract from "achievable space science" anymore than the chronic underfunding of such ventures already do. It's entirely misplaced contrarianism seeking a target. This thread has always been about being open to manned exploration and colonization; discussion of topics like the Fermi Paradox/Great Filter/Civilization Kardeschev Levels presuppose a certain inevitability of scientific and technological progress. It doesn't really make any sense to suggest we shouldn't discuss those things, and beyond tedious to have posters continuously poo poo on such aspirations and topics; especially when the arguments against are just really bad.

And I don't think it's particularly productive to assert without evidence that such aspirations have "classism/racism" baked in, that's assuming the conclusion. Perhaps there could be a hypothetical discussion about what the ethics of xenobiology and xenopology but it's ridiculous to suggest that it's "problematic" to be excited for the potential of human beings living on Mars or some other planet in some other star system when we have no evidence any other alien life exists.

It isn't a high ask, that if people want to have fun, then the discussion, if you have something you disagree with, should be constructive.

So space travel is inevitable and destiny and that's why hitler was right and nazi's are great thread 1/24846

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Stereotype posted:

there isn't even an atmosphere on mars. we have trouble with bases in Antarctica and you can just fly there in a plane. the biggest thing we have ever gotten off the earth has less livable space than your apartment and is the most expensive single project ever undertaken. we're dying on this rock. best we could do is plant a tree no human will live to see and shoot some extremophile bacteria at it

IT's loving fantasy see also how the loving nazi's thought king arther was real and they were his knights

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

TRYING TO SUMMON MY DELUSIONS INTO REEALITY BY CASTING MY DARK MAGIC WITH THE BLOOD OF POORS

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

we can't even make the earth livable so what loving chance do we have with mars

What if I sold you a JPEG of living on MARS?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

stuff like this makes me wish the expanse didn't start sucking then die

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I've been thinking about the twisted sister song and replacing "take it" with "make it"

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Yeah I cut way down on drinking and started exercising and it made a huge difference

I try to find pleasure in the moment (you gotta have patience for this after you quit drinking because all your pleasure receptors are fried, I like to imagine it's my happy router rebooting and it's as slow as Comcast)

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Oh yeah get the gently caress out of the house

Even if you just drive to a park or something and stare

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Like yeah we're hosed. But you also don't need to be in that much pain. You don't deserve that and it's not necessary

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Mayor Dave posted:

What else besides words can you provide over a text-based web forum

Lols

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

SKULL.GIF posted:

Speaking of stopping drinking, if he's at that much and especially at that sustained amount of alcohol intake, he's going to want to taper off instead of cold turkeying it.

Yeah, I tapered down and it didn't hurt at all

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

IAMKOREA posted:

Oh yeah for sure there's some deep stuff here we can't help with but he chose to ask for help here so what are we supposed to do just ignore the poor guy?

gently caress that poo poo, yeah sometimes it's pointless and sometimes a few words saves a life

Crazypoops has issued a correction as of 17:39 on May 20, 2022

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Minera posted:

man is very sad, he drinks plastic lined cans all day and is depressed. he goes to the doctor and the doctor tells him to quit drinking so much and hands him a link to one of the other end times threads. they both die of plastic caused cancers by 50. the end, applause, curtains. very sad.

Lesson is, drink from glass

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

early days pandemic playing through death stranding as drunk and high as possible with music blasting was the closest I've ever felt to god

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Trabisnikof posted:

by all means, if someone can post a timeline to how our legal individual actions could lead towards avoiding +4C (on any baseline) id love to see it.

Hold On I'm typing it

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

lmao all the replys telling latimes to get hosed lmao

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

the real trick is to run your dishwasher so much all the bottling companies run out of water and leave the state

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Microfantastic!

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Cold on a Cob posted:

i can't believe that guy lets his kid read the cspam biosphere collapse thread

Maybe I shouldn't have given free accounts to that 3rd grader class

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Radical Acceptance

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

500excf type r posted:

Ceramic works quite well as long as you don't chip it. You get what you pay for tho

Edit Oh wow old post sorry

Just good advice in general

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

More like biosphincter collapse

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Real hurthling! posted:

magic ac that breaks physics

You just saved humanity

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017