Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Let's all just hope for a radical deadly pandemic to kick off degrowth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Communist Thoughts posted:

start bombing factories

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sing to the tune of start wearing purple by gogol bordello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkkIwO_X4i4

Make up your own lyrics... its fun!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Perry Mason Jar posted:

He really is a coward though, he kept following them. Activism is pointless, let's get that out of the way. Anyhoo, who cares if his own protestors die? They are taking that risk. They will die prematurely, as their children will, and they had no choice in that. In this at least they get to exercise choice. Who cares if an old lady died cause she couldn't get to hospital cause of protests? How many seniors died in England in the heatwave two summers ago? How many will die when the roads split in half, and loving nobody can get to hospital? I think he's a little squeamish for activism. He invokes Churchill and war but doesn't see it as a war at all or else doesn't know what war is.

The old lady didn't even die

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

The Protagonist posted:

I think millions of LEO bombs made to disperse mylar would be the best solar shield we could hope for, with the added benefit of trapping us all down here

Bomb cops...

Got it

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

splifyphus posted:

I just did a bunch of acid and crack-pinged to a whole new dimension.

It turns out that now, when we live, there is a collective 'i am a sentient extinction event' emergent consciousness that can be...accessed. It's a level of self-understanding that is totally dehumanizing and depersonalizing, and I'm pretty sure anybody who can handle it and has done their homework can access at will. It couldn't have existed until recently, because it was only recently possible that a sapient extinction event was able to cognize itself as a sapient mass extinction. It's probably the final mutation of Hegel's geist.

Everything becomes incredibly hilarious and what you thought of as your individual identity gets kind of irretrievably shredded. But it's a consciousness that's just kind of standing there, available to be accessed at any time to anybody who notices. You can kinda move into and back out of it deliberately. You can experience yourself and your life as a mass extinction event in a way that's like, the apotheosis of human self-understanding, but is also decidedly 100% post-human.

It is like having cthuluesque demon peering through your own skull. Post-human consciousness is here motherfuckers goddamn holy gently caress.

Isn't this just death stranding....

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzxlSGulR84

apatheticman has issued a correction as of 22:08 on Sep 30, 2021

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Real hurthling! posted:

lmao it kills boring beetles, the scourge of all our trees now lol

*killed

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Stereotype posted:

you shoot neutrons at a hydrogen plasma and then compress it a lot. hydrogen isotopes are much happier being helium atoms but you gotta convince them, and then as a reward they give you infinite energy.

All this time we've been using scientists when we should have been using salesmen.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

This seems like a reputable news site I am going to post it to my somethingawful pals

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Rime posted:

I'm off vacationing in the disaster zone known as Vancouver till next week, glad to hear some goons got ahead of the rush from my postings. :3:

Such dire conditions here, the patisserie was almost out of mango passionfruit croissants when I arrived. :(

Wow... please set up a go fund me.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
A rising tide drowns us all equally.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

BIG HEADLINE posted:

In other news, superyachts are THE hot new multi-billionaire mobile bolthole hedge against Elonsyium missing its launch date! Get yours now with combination helipad/launchpad!

Imma turn my corpse into a mine

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Complications posted:

Just as a general rule of thumb - any problems in your head in general can get to your brain or important nerves real fuckin' quick. The mouth is a common vector because, well, food + regular gas exchange + warm = bacteria playground but just in general don't mess around with things gone wrong around your brain meat case.

I had a root canal in like 2008, the tooth it was on had a contained infection, dentist was like "we're closed this weekend so just go to the ER if there is any issues".

Went to bed with some medium dental pain thought it was just the freezing wearing off.

Woke up, face was inflated, got my roommate to drive me to the hospital.

Walked in, there was a dude with a piece of metal in his leg, some dude holding a knife in his arm. Go up to the nurse and I'm like
"Id like to see a doctor"
He's like "What for?" and looks up and is like "oh"
I joked that it was my ankle.

I was in seeing a doctor in less than a minute. An IV in my arm in less than 5.

Also a doctor explained to a resident why it was the case.

They do not gently caress around. (also this was Canada)

apatheticman has issued a correction as of 04:07 on Nov 26, 2021

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Epic store has Oxygen not included on sale for 60% off by the by

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Xaris posted:

hell yeah

idk how anyone can go around with doom mindset. everything is far too interesting to be going about your life in doom, and we're so lucky. it's a treasure trove of scientific curiosity and marvel with global genetic history being rewritten in real time; the inner workings of the planet being unraveled and exposed for study. think of how few sapient life there is, and then think of how even fewer sapient life, across the universe and whatever other alternate universes, will ever experience complete self-made biosphere collapse going from nearly 0-to-100 within their very lifespan. like it's like winning a super megamillions lotto thousands of times consecutively.

More to lose

ha

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Cold on a Cob posted:

it loving hurts me that you're correct

Now now...

10s of millions.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

splifyphus posted:

I'll try to make it so simple a toddler could get it.

you, yourself, as an individual meatsack reading this thread, have a choice. you get to die on your knees mewling like a liberal coward, or you get to go out on your feet like a goddamn adult.

that's it. that's the only choice you have. it doesn't matter in the slightest, it will do nothing and accomplish nothing, your existence will have been just as meaningless either way, and multi-cellular life is loving off for the foreseeable future regardless.

It's a completely meaningless, subjective shift of one's attitude and outlook, it costs you nothing to make it, and yet still you're all regurgitating the same nihilist garbage you've been spoonfed your whole lives.

gently caress all of you. just loving die already.

Ya need a hug buddy?

You seem like you need a hug...

Bring it in.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

toggle posted:

If you want some ..uplifting viewing, check out Burning on amazon prime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTfyD7ALJtU

Doco about the 2019/2020 Australian bushfires. Seems to be standard of what we can expect from fires in the future, especially in Australia anyway. It's not bad, and worth a watch just to see how utterly hosed this country is.

And be warned, there is some imagery of koalas on fire while alive, koalas with 3rd degrees burns, and the sounds of koalas screaming from being on fire/having 3rd degree burns. So, just be aware. It's loving harrowing and probably the worst part of the show.

Poor syphilis babies :(

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Rime posted:

I dunno goons, maybe we should all just see a psychiatrist and chill. :allears:

Just fuckin go outside

Oh wait that's covid.

Fuckin uhhhhhhhhhh...

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
It's been a warm December and there is reason to believe maybe this one will be our last

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah it was a counting crows rip off but thanks for playing!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Chamale posted:

Saying we're all going to die is optimism. It's a hopeful thought that the most destructive species in the history of the planet might kill itself in the process of killing millions of other species. But humans are too vicious and stubborn to get completely wiped out, and there'll be a few communities left eating whatever weeds and vermin can survive +8° C. Actions now can make a difference in whether a billion people survive, or only a few thousand.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

SKULL.GIF posted:

McKay, who wrote the screenplay based on a story idea by journalist David Sirota, just doesn’t care enough about popular culture or social media to effectively skewer it. Not that the film compellingly digs into the things it allegedly is invested in. Don’t Look Up wants to paint our inaction with regard to climate change as the result of denialism and being distracted by silly things like, say, a movie streaming on Netflix. But climate change isn’t a comet headed our way in less than a year — a lousy, faulty metaphor for where we’re at right now. Climate change is a slow-motion disaster that’s been brought on by generations of industrialized existence, and to contend with it requires us to think about ourselves collectively as a species and act on behalf of lives beyond the scopes of our own, in terms of the future and in terms of the whole planet.

*lovely German accent* The solution is simple in concept but complex in execution, much like we killed god we must also kill nature. The concept of nature being an externality to the human condition rather than integrated into the whole of the human condition is the problem. If we are fully integrated we do not go out to the woods to get away we stop seeing these things a a seperate ecosystems and understand that development and pollution are an affront to us all. We begin to weigh progress with sacrifice rather than blindly stumbling ahead to the benefit of a few but the detriment of many.

Please like comment and subscribe don't forget to ring that notification bell and sign up to my Patreon.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
My tiny home is the barrier I put around my heart.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Creating great content

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
That screenshot makes her look like one of those this person does not exist generated people.

I think it's the teeth.

And the cold dead eyes long bereft of a soul or anything resembling humanity. Just glass orbs staring out at a teleprompter and reading vile words without reflection or interpretation. Seeding the already enraged minds with a new flavour of hate that will tide them over for a day or two.

Probably the teeth and the slight artifacting.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Wow,

Why does your phone not right justify the battery meter?!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Modern tactical nukes wouldn't eject enough particulate into the stratosphere to change much.

If there is a lot of them maybe.. but who knows.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Maybe they were all chode trees.

Ever think of that?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6XijqjtJoA

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret